Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.
14 posts • Page 1 of 1
That is an excellent question, I have asked myself that same question a thousand times! Why in God's name would a woman have to resort to online dating when the average woman in English speaking countries get asked out hundreds of times a year!
Roosh on his blog said that he estimates that the average woman in America get's asked out 2,500 times by age 25! Holy dog shit batman!
I think that figure is WAY too high, I would say the average woman in the US get's asked out between 500 and 1,000 times by the time she get's married. This does not include online dating, just guys asking her out in person.
You figure she walks into a bar, 2 or 3 guys ask her for her number. Then she walks across the street to another bar and again 2 or 3 guys ask her out. This happens every Friday and Saturday night that she goes to bars and clubs.
One thing I have noticed about online dating, it is filled with fat women, ugly women and single mothers. There are very few good looking, physically fit women using online dating.
I have always said, your not going to find any good looking women on the internet, if the woman was good looking .............. she wouldn't be using the internet!
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"
"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
I guess there is women who have aged and so are sexually invisible to the perceived high status dirtbags who have previously been using them as a dumpster, women who are into weird fetishes, women who want to be somewhat under the radar hoes, and women who have painted themselves into a corner in some way.
Can you explain what you mean by normal?
I have spent some time online dating in the US and have to say the experience is a rough ride for us guys.
One thing I've found is that female online daters are not an average cross-section of the population.
Here are some differences I've found:
- Seems to attract a higher concentration of single mothers (often got pregnant by accident)
- Seems to attract frequent drinkers, higher concentration of smokers, more party types, more sensation seekers
- Overall they are less educated, less innocent. Few hold a bachelors degree or more.
- A lot of them are "plugged in" many or most hours of the day
- Lots of bitterness and attitude, lots of unrealistic photos.
The average online woman, I think, does A LOT of shopping if she ever gets a boyfriend from there. I've looked at numbers in various places I've lived and it seems like online sites usually have 1.5-3x as many females 18-35 as males. If I recall, according to Census data the US has 1.18x as many males 18-30 as females, and 1.15x as many men in the 31-44 age group.
I've come to conclude that many or most of them are there not to find a BF, but are looking mostly for attention. Also a lot of below-average women who want a fling with a top-shelf guy.
So I've written a lot without answering your question...
There are some "normal" women there. They usually don't last too long. Some are students, or have an odd schedule, or might be new in a city. I think the "normal" ones get fed up with blatant hookup requests and close their profiles, or find a bf before too long.
If you have to go this route, you will need AMAZING photos to be able to compete at all. The bigger the promises the particular site makes (a date vs. a the love of a lifetime), the greater the expectations of the women there.
Most of the women there, even the decent ones, have rather specific expectations - not necessarily rich or a stunner, but they want someone who is of their same social niche (redneck, professional, ex-jock, you get the drift).
Wanderlust has good advice on the dating in the US. Even in the UK (referring to RedM) it is basically slightly different if you want a British (Welsh/Scottish) girl but it is an issue to date in most western countries. I think if you stick with the girl from Shanghai you should be okay.
Dating in the west really sucks.
I cannot comment on UK women, but for US women, the ones that date online are usually:
1. single moms
2. super super picky women
3. women that only want to play games (immature drama queens)
4. career women/workaholics
5. Ugly/Fat women that really want a good man (1-4's and almost always fat)
6. Emotionally torn up women with daddy issues and crave attention
7. Older women (35+), Cougars, etc.
8. Attention Whores
9. Young girls being curious and wanting to dick tease (usually 17-19)
10. Asian-American girls trying to dick-tease for fun, when they are hot enough to not need online dating (all ages)
11. Goth/Emo-grunge/Rockabilly types that look gay or might be gay that need help online to find men/partners (usually fat)
12. Hardcore-Non gay Bitch.y Feminists looking for fresh meat to control
13. 28+ year old Hispanic women, that are hot but spoiled rotten and picky
14. All the types of white men that they would want are all taken
15. Very Artsy types with very expensive tastes for food and wine and very high requirements and maintenance (all beauty levels)
16. Educated social workers
17. Want to cheat on their husbands or BFs
For Foreign Women, it depends upon the country really, but some things are fairly universal.
1. Single Moms
2. Girls/Women that HATE the terrible local men that beat them, cheat, and are jerks.
3. Want a strong manly man, probably with some weight and muscles (Asians usually)
4. Want a Traditionally/Manly Western Style romantic man filled with romantic ways
5. Uglier girls (But might be a 5-7 compared to an average American Woman though)
6. Truly ugly women (probably skinny too)
7. Desperate for financial support
9. There are too many women to compete with locally and not enough men (Usually Europeans)
10. Older women (Usually pretty hot or serviceable, very tempting to message them even if they say no to young men)
11. Want to be a good housewife.
12. Local men are out of their league and want a Westerner of a higher pedigree
13. Local men may have very high requirements (like in some Asian countries)
14. May only know how to cook and clean and has no professional skills. See number 11.
15. Some just want something different compared to all others around them.
16. Foreign men are more patient and understanding. Or easier to deal with, scam, or control.
17. Want to live in the West, for whatever reasons. Or just a better life.
18. Lost their virginity and cannot be in a position to bargain with a local man using that.
Women do not control the "scene" in all aspects. It depends upon many other factors as well as location.
In my expereince:
Single Moms, with underage children. They have a hard time getting out to meet men.
Or women with particular preferences, ethnic or otherwise.
If its in the Philippines. Top 4 reasons.
1.) Are looking for a foreigner
2.) Have KIDS
3.) Have KIDS
4.) Are looking for a foreigner
If its in the USA.
1.) Have feminist attitudes
2.) Have workaholic lifestyle
3.) Went to grad school and now can't get date
4.) Fat, and ugly and needs to be validated
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."
Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?
14 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest