Welcome to our new upgraded phpbb 3.2 forum! The upgrade is now complete. See announcement and new features here, or report any problems or issues here. Thanks for your patience.

Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics

Help! What documentation do i need to enter the Philippines?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

wanderlust
Freshman Poster

Help! What documentation do i need to enter the Philippines?

Post by wanderlust » October 8th, 2013, 3:11 pm

I have read everywhere that you can stay up to 21 days if you present a return ticket to your home country (the US for me). In the days of electronic tickets, what do Filipino officials accept? Can someone tell me from experience?

Do you also need to present proof of some kind of hotel reservation?

Please tell me, I need to find out soon.

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost » October 9th, 2013, 4:41 pm

I don't see why it would matter if the onward ticket is electronic or not, just as long as you have one. On the U.S. DoS site, it just says you need the onward or return ticket to get the 21 day tourist visa. So only the ticket and passport required. I've never heard of needing a hotel reservation also.

I'll be going there myself soon for the first time, so this is only according to what I've researched online.

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe » October 9th, 2013, 6:50 pm

wanderlust wrote:I have read everywhere that you can stay up to 21 days if you present a return ticket to your home country (the US for me). In the days of electronic tickets, what do Filipino officials accept? Can someone tell me from experience?

Do you also need to present proof of some kind of hotel reservation?

Please tell me, I need to find out soon.

Actually the tourist visa recently expanded to 30 days.

No you certainly don't need proof of your hotel reservation. Overall it's a pretty easy process. I wouldn't worry too much.

Return to “Questions and Advice”