Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

TEFL worth it? save up to find a better job back home?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Ghost » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:33 am

I echo the sentiment. Please don't turn to being a government thug for a paycheck. There is way to do it ethically. The job itself is unethical inherently. Look, if it comes down to outright desperation, then just take any job in China. Schools will fake degrees and do other things to get you there. That would be better than being a blue-shirt thug.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby tre » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:51 am

magnum wrote:unfortunately no matter what I'll be illegal while working in china, as I have no college behind my belt and that's required now.

But I honestly don't care, the risk is worth the reward if everything works out, I'm in love and will do what I have to to secure it, though it might just kill me at this point.

You not only risk being busted by the Chinese government, but also getting completely scammed by your employer. They know you are willing to break the law and they can use that law against you if they don't want to pay you. I really advise that you re-think your plan, but if you are dead set on it...I do wish you the best. I've been scammed A LOT over the past few years and that is the reason I'm still here in the USA. It can put you many years behind, which can be quite devastating. As hard as it might be, think with your head (the one that has ears) more than your heart. If things don't add up, don't think that they magically eventually will. You are young. Thinking that you will do and risk it all for love is not a wise move. That is Hollywood...f**k that. Some risks are too great and you could lose your love AND your life if you go about things in a reckless manner. Just be careful...that's all I'm saying.
tre
Junior Poster

Previous

Return to Questions and Advice