Why Does Everyone Here Like Big Cities?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
rudder
Junior Poster

Why Does Everyone Here Like Big Cities?

Post by rudder »

When talking about moving to a foreign country, it seems people on these sorts of websites always suggest going to a big city.

I understand the advantage of a big city: lots of female options and relative anonymity, so it's harder to develop a bad reputation. But then there is the disadvantage: living in a big city.

Why don't any of you ever want to live in a small city of 100,000 people or less? Or even in very small rural villages?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I agree. I don't know why most people I know prefer big cities and have nothing to do outside of them. That's pretty sad.

Big cities have their conveniences. But they are draining to live in. The cement and traffic and noise drains me. I guess if you are an introvert or sensitive type, the city can be overwhelming after a while.

Plus driving in them is very stressful and unpleasant. Lots of rude reckless drivers, obstacles, near misses, etc. Not conducive to peace of mind at all.

I also hate waiting at so many traffic lights too. And so many rude drivers. Driving in cities is not a pleasant experience at all. I prefer the open road with few cars on the road.

Most guys here also do not connect with nature. If you connect with nature at a deep level, you will not enjoy living in big cities, for they remove the peace and oneness you have with nature.

I think smaller cities are best, which have conveniences and peaceful areas as well. In Russia for example, you can meet girls everyday in small towns like Yoshkar-Ola or Izhevsk. I did when I was there.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

The benefit of large cities are:

1) Public Transportation (in some countries like Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, etc). This can save a lot of time and $$ over taking taxis or driving cars. Driving vehicles in Singapore isn't even an option unless you are extremely rich and I mean EXTREMELY rich.

2) Conveniences (more options in grocery stores, movie theaters, bars, restaurants, etc.

3) More options for work and $$.

4) More options for females. I saw hot women everywhere in both Singapore and Bangkok. When I went to the outskirts, I didn't see them as much.

However, if I COULD live in a small town in Asia, I'd likely choose that long term. If I couldn't live in a small town in Asia, I'd likely travel to those places often. I need nature and to see the beauty of the earth now and then and you can't see that in big cities anywhere.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

I like 3rd-tier cities like Angeles City, PH.
I like 2nd-tier cities like Guayaquil, EC.
I loathe 1st-tier cities like Manila, PH; Miami, FLA, USG; and Wacklanta, GA, USG.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What's the difference between 1st tier, 2nd tier, and 3rd tier cities?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

Winston wrote:What's the difference between 1st tier, 2nd tier, and 3rd tier cities?
ahahah. I've always wondered this myself.

Well, I do want to be near nature in South America, but I also want to have access to lots of hot women, and be able to walk to a laundromat. I still think this is very doable in a town of 50,000-100,000. As I understand it, the better women are actually in the smaller cities for the same reason that big city people are more unpleasant than rural people in the USA. Most of the women in small cities are modest and probably less likely to be sluts. Plus a foreigner has more of an exotic factor in the small cities. The big city is the epicenter of globalization and all the pitfalls that modernization entails.

I'll tell you what. The small village I stayed in in rural central Mexico this summer had a population of only 900 people, but I must say it was hands down the BEST place to be for miles around. It hugged a nice creek that was lined with Mangos and other fruit trees, and one could follow the creek up the canyon, bathing in nice swimming holes along the way, and sit on top of cliffs eating fresh-picked fruit while viewing the valley for miles around. People would sit outside their homes along the dirt roads, enjoying the breeze, and making small talk. Sure you have to give up some "conveniences" to be there, but at least you're not in some noisy, dusty city where everyone seems busy all the time.
Last edited by rudder on October 22nd, 2013, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

If I could find a spot in Antioquia in Colombia within a decent driving distance of Medellin, I would take that in a minute. Between Medellin-Rio Negro-Sabaneta areas. I also took a cab ride from Cali to Popayan once that showed a decent/beautiful area between Valle del Cauca and Cauca Departments.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

Also the cost of living in small cities and rural areas is often considerably lower.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

rudder wrote:Also the cost of living in small cities and rural areas is often considerably lower.
Especially places like Singapore, Hong Kong or Rio de Janeiro.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Re: Why Does Everyone Here Like Big Cities?

Post by zacb »

rudder wrote:When talking about moving to a foreign country, it seems people on these sorts of websites always suggest going to a big city.

I understand the advantage of a big city: lots of female options and relative anonymity, so it's harder to develop a bad reputation. But then there is the disadvantage: living in a big city.

Why don't any of you ever want to live in a small city of 100,000 people or less? Or even in very small rural villages?
I don't mind 50,000 or more. But I think it is our socializing nature, as well as conviences that lea dus to this.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Why Does Everyone Here Like Big Cities?

Post by OutWest »

rudder wrote:When talking about moving to a foreign country, it seems people on these sorts of websites always suggest going to a big city.

I dont think you have been around this forum very long...
Most men here are not into marriage and family.
Mostly they are the vanishing rear guard of a failing
Civilization. They just want to have a good time
and have sex with various girls. Not exactly a long term plan, is it? A few of us think otherwise.

I think that big cities suck big time.
Our house and small farm are about an hour
away from a mid size city of Cagayan de Oro in Mindanao.
We clearly like rural living. If you are family oriented
and intend to see your future as part of whatever
Will replace the current failed culture, rural outposts are a good bet.

Outwest
deasil875
Freshman Poster

Post by deasil875 »

Winston wrote:I agree. I don't know why most people I know prefer big cities and have nothing to do outside of them. That's pretty sad.

Big cities have their conveniences. But they are draining to live in. The cement and traffic and noise drains me. I guess if you are an introvert or sensitive type, the city can be overwhelming after a while.

Plus driving in them is very stressful and unpleasant. Lots of rude reckless drivers, obstacles, near misses, etc. Not conducive to peace of mind at all.

I also hate waiting at so many traffic lights too. And so many rude drivers. Driving in cities is not a pleasant experience at all. I prefer the open road with few cars on the road.
This is the reason why I hate almost all large Metropolitan AMERICAN cities. They are grossly inefficient for private automobile transportation where traffic lights are the norm. Traffic circles and roundabouts, waaay more common in Europe, make city driving much more pleasant, smooth and flowing (except for Paris. The French are used to a whole different level of madness with them) Traffic signals are dangerous and produce higher emission pollution. They encourage higher speeds through intersections where you have the green, and result in more fatal collisions. Roundabouts on the other hand, calm traffic and teach drivers to be aware, and share the road properly with cyclists and pedestrians.

Also traffic lights & Stop Signs = another revenue scam under the color of authority for municipal police traffic enforcement. Just another way the government interferes with people's built in cognitive ability to self-regulate and allow order to form from chaos.
HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

Post by HenryGeorge »

Small cities are much more pleasant to live in. Big cities can be nice sometimes to spend time in, but they can be debilitating living in them in the long term for many people. Living close and visiting nature frequently is invigorating and stimulating for one's mind and body.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »