Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Natural Alternatives To Adderall?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Natural Alternatives To Adderall?

Postby Taco » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:30 am

I was just wondering if there are any vitamins or supplements that promote mental alertness like Dexedrine or Adderall?

Adderall: Americas Favorite Amphetamine
http://truthisscary.com/2013/05/adderal ... phetamine/
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm







Postby T Rex » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:05 pm

Meditation works wonders...but if you must take something, ginseng is good for focus
T Rex
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:49 am

Re: Natural Alternatives To Adderall?

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:44 pm

Taco wrote:I was just wondering if there are any vitamins or supplements that promote mental alertness like Dexedrine or Adderall?


I'm an athlete who knows all about stimulants as they are used for race/game day. First off, this website has all the info on brain health and improving cognitive function: http://www.cerebralhealth.com/


As far as supplements that promote mental alertness, there are many, and some are stronger then others but over all the group of these chemicals are called nootropics. Cerebral Health has all the nootropics you can buy, and they even have the rare ones that you can't find anywhere else. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic


As far as myself, I have tried piracetam and it works. On a side note, make sure you're drinking lots of water and taking lots of fish oil each day.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Postby Jester » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:52 am

T Rex wrote:
Meditation works wonders...but if you must take something, ginseng is good for focus



Taco -

T Rex's post reminded me, the Philippines is the center where Pranic Energy Healing arose, (Of course based on age-old Indian science.) Very, very effective, calming, great stuff.

I've tried googling where the schools are in Manila and Cebu and Davao, with not much luck. But I will see my Pranic healer friends this Friday, and will ask them for a location or contact in Davao, if you are interested.

You're in Mindanao, right?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Taco » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:54 am

Jester wrote:
T Rex wrote:
Meditation works wonders...but if you must take something, ginseng is good for focus



Taco -

T Rex's post reminded me, the Philippines is the center where Pranic Energy Healing arose, (Of course based on age-old Indian science.) Very, very effective, calming, great stuff.

I've tried googling where the schools are in Manila and Cebu and Davao, with not much luck. But I will see my Pranic healer friends this Friday, and will ask them for a location or contact in Davao, if you are interested.

You're in Mindanao, right?


I'm not really trying to stay calm, I need something to increase my alertness during the day, I have a lot of fatigue. Dexedrine and Adderall are not available in PI so I need to find a new supplement.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Postby HouseMD » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:08 pm

As other posters were saying, give piracetam a shot. Take it with a good choline source though, or you'll end up with massive headaches. Vitamin B complex supplements are also excellent, especially if you drink alcohol with any regularity. Cerebral health is a solid source for nootropics, but be careful when mixing your own stacks- some chemicals have a narrower therapeutic range than others.

Finally, I would avoid adderall at all costs. Taking stimulants may improve focus, but there is growing evidence that they interfere with the reward pathways in the brain by always providing positive feedback. This makes bad decisions feel somewhat good and things that make you feel good feel even better on a cellular signaling level, and therefore may increase compulsive and addictive behaviors in long term stimulant users.
User avatar
HouseMD
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1194
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Postby Mr S » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:04 pm

The best you can do if your stuck in PI regarding decent stimulants is to go to the sports store or booths and try some of the pre-workout energy powders and see which one works best for you. I've tried multiple brands and some work better than others or have different types of stimulation. You can also buy some of the thermo stimulant pills that are used for supposed dieting along with exercise if you don't want to mess with powders. I buy both for different reasons and uses. I usually buy 2 or three at a time and mix up using different brands cause your body can get used to them if you only use the same one all the time. They tend to be a bit expensive in comparison to USA prices but they are worth it if you need the extra energy to focus and get things done without being sleepy half the time. I understand the reasoning behind this post cause the tropics make you drowsy all the time in comparison to more temperate climates. Plus if you don't eat really healthy food all the time the lower nutritious food tends to make one want to take a nap in the middle of the day. The stimulants help me get through the day without dozing off.

I think your in Cebu area, I'm not sure what's available over there but in Manila area there are lots of varieties to choose from.

Right now from what I notice these are the brands that are currently available in PI:

Cellucor C4 Extreme (this is pretty good and tasty but I think its better for exercising than mental concentration. It also makes your skin tingly feeling, i like that but some people don't)

MusclePharm Assault (I like this stuff too but it's not as strong. If i buy it I use it as a mixer for the beginning of the day with other foods/powders. It has lots of other vitamins in it so its a good breakfast drink Tastes good also)

BSN N.O.-Xplode (it's okay but it doesn't taste very good and your body gets used to it kinda fast. I ended up mixing it with other powders to keep getting a kick from it. Also its a pain in the ass to mix cause it has some chemical that creates gas so if your not careful shaking the container when you open the top it'll explode all over you. Also because of the humidity you have to keep the container in the fridge or the powder will mix and become like glue together and you have to chip it to use it, sucks.) wouldn't recommend unless you just want to try it after trying other brands

Essential AmiN.O. Energy (this is okay for a quick pick me up but its not that strong. I would only use it as a recovery drink or while working out to keep the buzz going after consuming another stronger powder.)

MuscleTech NeuroCore (this stuff is pretty strong but tastes like piss, plus it clumps really easy if not put in fridge. You gotta mix it with something else cause the taste is really awful. Give it a try if you want after trying other ones)

BPI Sports 1.M.R Powder (tastes okay but a bit over rated in regards to strength. Average i guess)

USPlabs JACK3D micro (it's okay but your body gets used to it fast so its good to cycle on and off it or mix it with other powders. Tastes good)

DS (Driven Sports) Craze (this is the strongest I've tried and pretty good especially for focus. I think its a better mental powder than physical. I think it might have stopped being made because of the ingredients but you may still be able to buy it in PI) I may have to grab one or two if i see them since they aren't being sold anymore

Oxy elite pro - pills that make you focused but if your walking outside in the heat for a while your'll start sweating a lot and smelling. Best to be used indoors where there is AC or a strong fan unless you want to promote sweating.

In regards to how many scoops you take - you should follow the instructions and start slow. that way you know what your body's tolerance is and won't take too much at the beginning. Over time your body will get used to whatever your using and you will have to mix it up with a different powder to take a break. I've experimented mixing different powders to get a different buzz but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Don't get too crazy doing it cause sometimes the ingredients may not work good together. It's just trial and error.

I have a fairly high tolerance for stimulants so i generally take an extra scoop than what the package may recommend. Usually they say don't take more than 2 scoops at a time within so long of a period. I find this to be general good info but you can be the judge yourself. I wouldn't go more than 4 scoops at a time and that would only be once you understand how strong a particular powder is on your body.

I usually make a power shake in the morning and that usually keeps me going all day. IF i exercise later I may take another scoop or 2 depending on how i feel and the time of day. Generally the energy and focus will last 3-6 hours depending on the brand and what your tolerance level is.

If you got the time and money and don't feel like going all the way to USA mainland, for decent supplements you might want to try going to Guam and shopping there. I may do that down the road since you can stock up on stuff cheaper there and bring it back to PI.

If you have any other questions just let me know.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

Postby Taco » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:21 am

Mr S wrote:The best you can do if your stuck in PI regarding decent stimulants is to go to the sports store or booths and try some of the pre-workout energy powders and see which one works best for you. I've tried multiple brands and some work better than others or have different types of stimulation. You can also buy some of the thermo stimulant pills that are used for supposed dieting along with exercise if you don't want to mess with powders. I buy both for different reasons and uses. I usually buy 2 or three at a time and mix up using different brands cause your body can get used to them if you only use the same one all the time. They tend to be a bit expensive in comparison to USA prices but they are worth it if you need the extra energy to focus and get things done without being sleepy half the time. I understand the reasoning behind this post cause the tropics make you drowsy all the time in comparison to more temperate climates. Plus if you don't eat really healthy food all the time the lower nutritious food tends to make one want to take a nap in the middle of the day. The stimulants help me get through the day without dozing off.

I think your in Cebu area, I'm not sure what's available over there but in Manila area there are lots of varieties to choose from.

Right now from what I notice these are the brands that are currently available in PI:

Cellucor C4 Extreme (this is pretty good and tasty but I think its better for exercising than mental concentration. It also makes your skin tingly feeling, i like that but some people don't)

MusclePharm Assault (I like this stuff too but it's not as strong. If i buy it I use it as a mixer for the beginning of the day with other foods/powders. It has lots of other vitamins in it so its a good breakfast drink Tastes good also)

BSN N.O.-Xplode (it's okay but it doesn't taste very good and your body gets used to it kinda fast. I ended up mixing it with other powders to keep getting a kick from it. Also its a pain in the a** to mix cause it has some chemical that creates gas so if your not careful shaking the container when you open the top it'll explode all over you. Also because of the humidity you have to keep the container in the fridge or the powder will mix and become like glue together and you have to chip it to use it, sucks.) wouldn't recommend unless you just want to try it after trying other brands

Essential AmiN.O. Energy (this is okay for a quick pick me up but its not that strong. I would only use it as a recovery drink or while working out to keep the buzz going after consuming another stronger powder.)

MuscleTech NeuroCore (this stuff is pretty strong but tastes like piss, plus it clumps really easy if not put in fridge. You gotta mix it with something else cause the taste is really awful. Give it a try if you want after trying other ones)

BPI Sports 1.M.R Powder (tastes okay but a bit over rated in regards to strength. Average i guess)

USPlabs JACK3D micro (it's okay but your body gets used to it fast so its good to cycle on and off it or mix it with other powders. Tastes good)

DS (Driven Sports) Craze (this is the strongest I've tried and pretty good especially for focus. I think its a better mental powder than physical. I think it might have stopped being made because of the ingredients but you may still be able to buy it in PI) I may have to grab one or two if i see them since they aren't being sold anymore

Oxy elite pro - pills that make you focused but if your walking outside in the heat for a while your'll start sweating a lot and smelling. Best to be used indoors where there is AC or a strong fan unless you want to promote sweating.

In regards to how many scoops you take - you should follow the instructions and start slow. that way you know what your body's tolerance is and won't take too much at the beginning. Over time your body will get used to whatever your using and you will have to mix it up with a different powder to take a break. I've experimented mixing different powders to get a different buzz but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Don't get too crazy doing it cause sometimes the ingredients may not work good together. It's just trial and error.

I have a fairly high tolerance for stimulants so i generally take an extra scoop than what the package may recommend. Usually they say don't take more than 2 scoops at a time within so long of a period. I find this to be general good info but you can be the judge yourself. I wouldn't go more than 4 scoops at a time and that would only be once you understand how strong a particular powder is on your body.

I usually make a power shake in the morning and that usually keeps me going all day. IF i exercise later I may take another scoop or 2 depending on how i feel and the time of day. Generally the energy and focus will last 3-6 hours depending on the brand and what your tolerance level is.

If you got the time and money and don't feel like going all the way to USA mainland, for decent supplements you might want to try going to Guam and shopping there. I may do that down the road since you can stock up on stuff cheaper there and bring it back to PI.

If you have any other questions just let me know.


Thanks for all the info., that's a lot to take in. Do you buy these supplements at GNC?
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4241
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Postby Mr S » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:39 pm

No, GNC sucks in PI they don't sell much of anything and overpriced. You have to go to the mainstream sports stores in the mall like Toby's or Chris sports. Check out SM and Ayala. Some of the local smaller bazaars where Filipinos shop for bargains may have some booths that sell supplements but I don't know where they are in your area. You just gotta keep your eyes open when you go around town shopping.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane


Return to Questions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest