American Expats, Do You File Your Taxes Every Year?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:I did some research into this.

If you are single and not married, you are required to file tax returns if you make over $10,000 a year in income.

If you are self-employed, you are required to file if you make over $400.

See here:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/19014 ... th-the-irs

Here are some links with info about filing taxes for American Expats.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Internat ... ens-Abroad
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/t ... 19130.html
http://americansabroad.org/issues/taxat ... broad-faq/

IRS Tax Guide for US Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p54.pdf
Yea, I was about to tell you that in another thread you put up (about Affordable Care Act). Kudos to you for researching it yourself. So start filing tax returns. Does any tax get withheld by those institutions paying you?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

No. None of my online income is deducted for taxes. If I file, I'm likely to have to pay some small taxes.

Is it too late to file for 2013? How do you find someone who can file backtaxes for you?

Can Turbotax do it?

I still don't think the IRS audits you unless you have a lot of money and assets. The odds are very low. What are the odds you are going to be audited from out of 300 million Americans?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw, how the f**k am I supposed to do my taxes? I can't even do other shit that I was gonna do long ago! f**k MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! f**k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You gotta understand that I don't have time to do everything I want to do. Everyday Murphy's Law puts new shit in front of me that I have to get out of the way. I'm so angry that I'm willing to cuss and swear at the top of my lungs!

I can't even buy my airplane ticket to get out of Vegas, so how can I find time to file taxes?! I was gonna get my plane tickets yesterday and last week. But stuff and problems keep getting thrown in front of me, and the calendar days continue ticking by. f**k MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm ready to f***ing explode!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON GOD!!!!!!!!!! STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUUUUUUCCCCCKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear to you, curses and bad luck are REAL! I don't care what Momopi and his left brain Richard Dawkins atheist mentality says. I KNOW THEY ARE REAL! They f**k me up every single day! Just because Momopi disbelieves in it doesn't make it untrue.

Chinese people have believed in curses and bad luck for thousands of years. They still do. Why is Momopi wiser than millions of Chinese people? He isn't. So why doesn't he humble himself? Why won't he consider that maybe he's wrong?

I can give many examples of real curses and bad luck. Bruce Lee's family was definitely cursed, for example. They knew it and they have LOTS OF EVIDENCE of it. LOTS! Momopi can't debunk that. I'll get into that sometime, because it's something that Momopi, Left Brainers, New Agers and Atheists can't explain away.

Americans, New Agers, and Atheists can't accept the reality of curses and bad luck because it's too negative and deals with things out of our control. Americans don't like believing in things out of their control, such as the forces of fate. New Agers don't either. And Atheists do not believe anything exists outside of left brain materialistic science.

But if you look at the evidence for curses, it is there. Denying it, like people like Momopi do, does not change that. He thinks that his Richard Dawkins atheism is the highest level of truth. But it definitely is NOT.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne