How in Hell's name can I make a Passive Income?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
theprimebait
Junior Poster

How in Hell's name can I make a Passive Income?

Post by theprimebait »

atleast 2000 per month?I figured with the high taxation,renting costs,transport costs,and household costs,its better to live under 28.000 a yr here,than above it,UNLESS you're making 100,000 K Extra.

because our entire system basically makes you work hard,long hours,and takes it thru taxation.plus you lose all your government benefits if you make above a certain income.so higher rent for your home,higher prices for healthcare,aswell as transport to get to work.

youd actually-when all costs are due-be better off poor here,than middle class.lol work less,lower prices,all kinds of return money on your tax,and a host of benefits due to your poverty.meanwhile a middle class career person has to pay higher prices and work harder for it.lol and at the end he has LESS money for him/herself than me.lol

my question is,do you guys have any idea how to make a lower middle class income passively?not much.not even enough to raise a family.but just enough to still be ''poor''but live decentely?

thoughts?
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

My income is not 100% passive, but it is damn easy to make. Find what is your "thing", create online products, ebooks, videos, blogs etc. around that thing, and sell them to a constantly increasing number of people. The more products you build up, the more passive your income becomes. Check out Jamaican in China and his websites.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Build up one million dollars in capital. Invest it and withdraw 4% at the end of each year and you should end up with roughly 2k/month after taxes for the rest of your life.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

The_Adventurer wrote:My income is not 100% passive, but it is damn easy to make. Find what is your "thing", create online products, ebooks, videos, blogs etc. around that thing, and sell them to a constantly increasing number of people. The more products you build up, the more passive your income becomes. Check out Jamaican in China and his websites.
When you say videos do you mean youtube videos?

How would you recommend a person begin to attract followers to a blog or a website?

How many pages is the standard ebook? Could it be about anything?
theprimebait
Junior Poster

Post by theprimebait »

The_Adventurer wrote:My income is not 100% passive, but it is damn easy to make. Find what is your "thing", create online products, ebooks, videos, blogs etc. around that thing, and sell them to a constantly increasing number of people. The more products you build up, the more passive your income becomes. Check out Jamaican in China and his websites.
I'm studying to become a weight loss coach.do you think I could write some Ebooks on weight loss,diet,nutrition etc?

and do you make enough for yourself thru passivity?
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

theprimebait you could do that, but that market is real saturated. You will have to have an edge & offer something different. Go for it & get some SEO genius to help with the marketing. You can find lots of them on elance.com at affordable rates.

I'm saving to buy properties/land & then sell them over for profit to generate more income. It's better then having your money sit in a bank.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Tsar wrote:
When you say videos do you mean youtube videos?

How would you recommend a person begin to attract followers to a blog or a website?

How many pages is the standard ebook? Could it be about anything?
Any writer will tell you that you should WRITE WHAT YOU KNOW. You must first know what is your "thing". Who knows? Maybe if you did a book about virgin brides, really research the history in America and how it is perceived around the world, it could be a huge seller.

Youtube videos can be great for promotion. In fact, it might be a MUST for marketing these days. Adverts on websites through services like Google or Project Wonderful seem ineffective. Today's marketing is all about social networking and viral videos. Get out your Facebook. When I say videos, though, I meant videos for sale.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

theprimebait wrote:
I'm studying to become a weight loss coach.do you think I could write some Ebooks on weight loss,diet,nutrition etc?

and do you make enough for yourself thru passivity?
Renata already answered your first question exactly as I would have. As to your second, I don't have a job. My internet marketing income is my only income. I've been out here five years now, and still haven't ended up in the street, and even support my wife and kid, so I would say I am doing fine. I wouldn't want to try this in California yet though. :)
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

From the looks of it, this is a tricky thing to catch. There is a learning curve with it. I find my white-collar job easier than this passive income business. But it is something that I want so I will grind..

The Adventurer,

Care to share how your make your internet income?
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

The following sites can generate passive income if you have a skill to offer. If not, think about a service you could offer & manage if you had a Team with the expertise. Example; do some HR & build an IT team of freelancers, bid on jobs & have them complete the work, pay them well & take your cut. Build a rep & portfolio to generate more work. No tax or overheads involved. Than when the income is increasing steadily, move to a country where there's a low cost of living. Western countries are too expensive to live off of passive income unless you're doing extremely well.
https://www.odesk.com/
elance.com
peopleperhour.com
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

HouseMD wrote:Build up one million dollars in capital...
Really? It's that easy?

:roll:
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 13th, 2020, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

mguy wrote:From the looks of it, this is a tricky thing to catch. There is a learning curve with it. I find my white-collar job easier than this passive income business. But it is something that I want so I will grind..

The Adventurer,

Care to share how your make your internet income?
Johnny1975's link is a good start. Also, customers who bought that item bought one of the books that got me started, Making a Living Without a Job. You are absolutely correct that your white collar job is easier, and it will certainly be that way for the first few years.

It seems like getting to $1000 per month is the first big hump, and you work so hard it might seem easier to give up and go back to the 9 to 5. That's why I went to the Philippines though. Even if I made $300 in a month, I had no reason to worry. I got a rice cooker, a 10 kilo bag of rice, some eggs, meat and vegetables and lived CHEAP. Freedom was THAT important to me.

The point is you BETTER really love what you're doing if you want to stick with it through the hard times. There will be plenty. Books like 4 Hour Work Week aren't really saying you only work four hours. It is that you love what you do so much, the other 100 hours feels like play.

As for how I make my money, I don't do even close to just one thing. I started out writing articles like GenYguy in his thread, which everyone who really wants to get out should read. I branched into doing ebooks, training videos, mobile comics, cartoons. I do art commissions, having done book covers, magazine illustrations and even portraits for people. I have made indie comics and cartoons to sell online in Japan, which has a great indie market. I also get paid to speak at events and sometimes schools to demo my techniques and tell my story. I have partnered with local studios to direct small projects like a game intro or commercial. I once even did a whole commercial for a company, where I shot it, did the graphics, music and voiceover all myself. Because I do it here, I can do it cheaper than they can get it done in the US.

I have a mailing list, just like Winston or Jamaican in China. Every internet marketer should have one. Sometimes I send out a message just about my thoughts or for inspiration and encouragement. Sometimes I put a product on sale and send that out. My training videos are the most passive. They sit there and sell, whether I am asleep or awake. Sometimes there is some customer service involved, if someone can't download or open something.

That's about it. I started small and slowly built over the last 5+ years.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

With all of his knowledge, even Ladislav couldn't manage to live comfortably in the Philippines.