Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

25yo min wage worker. need saving advice.

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

25yo min wage worker. need saving advice.

Postby Deformed » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:57 am

so I have a little situation here. I'm currently working at a grocery store for only 10 bucks an hour, 40 hours a week. its enough for basic needs' but saving money is nearly impossible.

the reason why I don't have a high paying job is because I failed math in high school and got mostly c's in everything else due to depression and other mental issues. I got my high school diploma but college is only accepting for me in artsy courses. The dilemma is that my schedule is sporatic; sometimes I work weekends sometimes from 6 in the morning to 3 so there is no room for a second job. If I had a second job then I could easily save up enough to travel and finally experience what its like to be able to effortlessly attract women.

what do I do guys? I'm strongly considering street begging to supplement my income. don't suggest an online business because I have absolutely nothing to sell.
Deformed
Freshman Poster

Postby zacb » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:49 am

If you are going to beg, at least consider doing it online (Yes I believe they have that). Perhaps try Amazon Turk. And as for online selling, you don't need anything to sell. You can promote other's items, like I just did and got a check :D . Opportunity is out there. Perhaps consider investing if you can find some way to save.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Postby HouseMD » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:35 am

I'm hoping the effortlessly attract women bit is sarcasm. It is easier, but not effortless. You might want to consider higher paying jobs in manual labor. It tends to be shift work, so you know when you'll be on the clock. This gives you a shot at further education and more money at the same time. If you can stick it out in a community college, a degree in allied health can be yours for practically nothing. Bonus about working in health care: were used to seeing people that look different, and seeing all sorts of shit that is worse than just about any facial deformity, so you would be judged less. Hell, I worked with a nurse that was burned over 90% of her body and another one with a birthmark that covered and deformed half of her face, making it swollen and larger than the other half. Nobody cared, that shit was nothing compared to ostomies, bone-deep bed sores, and penises that were swollen to 4 times their ordinary size because of fluid overload. Just a thought.
HouseMD
Experienced Poster

Postby magnum » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:46 am

Get a job in security like I just landed, depending where you are the requirements are literally to take a test you aren't allowed to fail, and they give you the answers.

it pays more then minimum and you'll know your shift, most don't work nights, so if you wanted to hit college you could do it in the morning and do night work for security.

this advice isn't what you want to hear, but don't make the mistake and wait until 28 years old to educate your self, you'll be in a world of hurt and only regret it.

do what I'm doing, count your blessings you know the way of the world and that happieness isn't in the usa, save up, study hard, and if you must attempt to interact with local women, don't take the rejection personally, substance if a person is what makes them, who you are what you do how hard you work "not job" but on your self and integrity.

You'll learn to love your self, it might be a loners game at first, but you'll find a woman too if you put your effort in to it, dare to dream, just dream what you want and don't let the others take it away.
magnum
Junior Poster

Postby Deformed » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:24 am

so how am I supposed to live abroad even if I do get a higher paying job? vacation time is only 2 weeks
Deformed
Freshman Poster

Postby xiongmao » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:52 am

Use your job to improve your game. I don't mean hit on the customers, but just chat to them, be friendly and learn some valuable people skills for when you do go abroad.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby fschmidt » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:14 pm

An option is to move to San Diego and date in Tijuana. Tijuana isn't optimal but is still far better than anywhere in America.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Postby gsjackson » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:27 pm

fschmidt wrote:An option is to move to San Diego and date in Tijuana. Tijuana isn't optimal but is still far better than anywhere in America.

Are you excluding your home turf of Juarez as a free fire zone? Is it still like that? That's the other big city in Mexico right across the border from an American metropolis with a lot of jobs.

To the OP: You do what everybody else here is doing, or clams to be doing: saving a money and formulating a plan of escape. If just getting laid right now is an overwhelming imperative, however, you just might consider moving to a border town where you could find work.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby fschmidt » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:37 pm

gsjackson wrote:Are you excluding your home turf of Juarez as a free fire zone? Is it still like that? That's the other big city in Mexico right across the border from an American metropolis with a lot of jobs.

I think there are more jobs in San Diego than in El Paso. Juarez will take years to recover even after the violence dies down. Everyone with brains left that city, so it probably has the lowest average IQ in Mexico. Tijuana seemed okay the last time I was there a few years ago.

gsjackson wrote:If just getting laid right now is an overwhelming imperative, however, you just might consider moving to a border town where you could find work.

My wife is from a border town, so I think one can do more than just get laid.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Re: 25yo min wage worker. need saving advice.

Postby momopi » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Deformed wrote:so I have a little situation here. I'm currently working at a grocery store for only 10 bucks an hour, 40 hours a week. its enough for basic needs' but saving money is nearly impossible.
the reason why I don't have a high paying job is because I failed math in high school and got mostly c's in everything else due to depression and other mental issues. I got my high school diploma but college is only accepting for me in artsy courses. The dilemma is that my schedule is sporatic; sometimes I work weekends sometimes from 6 in the morning to 3 so there is no room for a second job. If I had a second job then I could easily save up enough to travel and finally experience what its like to be able to effortlessly attract women.
what do I do guys? I'm strongly considering street begging to supplement my income. don't suggest an online business because I have absolutely nothing to sell.

I read that you're from Canada. Are you willing to go work in places like Fort Mac, or remote mining camps?

Be warmed that camp jobs can mean 12 hour shifts, but room, board, transportation, and training is usually provided. Jobs like these could help you save enough funds to travel abroad and visit South Korea (as suggested to you in another thread).

Example:
http://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=7d467f6 ... q&from=web
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby HouseMD » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Deformed wrote:so how am I supposed to live abroad even if I do get a higher paying job? vacation time is only 2 weeks

You get a job that allows you to take unpaid time off, or work a lot of hours and save some cash, then find a new job, get hired, and set your start date a few months out so you can go abroad in between positions. Or get a job that allows you to work as needed, like travel nursing, long haul trucking, or middle of nowhere construction jobs that they ship people in for.
HouseMD
Experienced Poster

Postby Deformed » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:42 am

not to be rude guys and thanks for the information but I'm completely lost. what I need help with is how to either get a place cheap enough to save money. even how to be homeless without losing my job. Or how I can get a second job.
im new to making money online and ive never done it before, if you could tell me how I can make atleast 400 dollars a month thatd be nice. i just want to be able to save a decent sum in my current situation if that's too much to ask.
Deformed
Freshman Poster

Postby Deformed » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:44 am

gsjackson wrote:
fschmidt wrote:An option is to move to San Diego and date in Tijuana. Tijuana isn't optimal but is still far better than anywhere in America.

Are you excluding your home turf of Juarez as a free fire zone? Is it still like that? That's the other big city in Mexico right across the border from an American metropolis with a lot of jobs.

To the OP: You do what everybody else here is doing, or clams to be doing: saving a money and formulating a plan of escape. If just getting laid right now is an overwhelming imperative, however, you just might consider moving to a border town where you could find work.

like i said in my original post im barely saving chump change.

I've tried pua for a while now with absolutely 0 success
Deformed
Freshman Poster

Postby momopi » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:16 am

Deformed wrote:not to be rude guys and thanks for the information but I'm completely lost. what I need help with is how to either get a place cheap enough to save money. even how to be homeless without losing my job. Or how I can get a second job.
im new to making money online and ive never done it before, if you could tell me how I can make atleast 400 dollars a month thatd be nice. i just want to be able to save a decent sum in my current situation if that's too much to ask.

Where are you in Canada, and how much are you paying for rent?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby zacb » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:22 am

Deformed wrote:not to be rude guys and thanks for the information but I'm completely lost. what I need help with is how to either get a place cheap enough to save money. even how to be homeless without losing my job. Or how I can get a second job.

Torrent some internet marketing content like the four hour work week, rich jerk, google sniper course, and others. Read, and apply.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Next

Return to Questions and Advice