25yo min wage worker. need saving advice.

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Deformed
Freshman Poster

25yo min wage worker. need saving advice.

Post by Deformed »

so I have a little situation here. I'm currently working at a grocery store for only 10 bucks an hour, 40 hours a week. its enough for basic needs' but saving money is nearly impossible.

the reason why I don't have a high paying job is because I failed math in high school and got mostly c's in everything else due to depression and other mental issues. I got my high school diploma but college is only accepting for me in artsy courses. The dilemma is that my schedule is sporatic; sometimes I work weekends sometimes from 6 in the morning to 3 so there is no room for a second job. If I had a second job then I could easily save up enough to travel and finally experience what its like to be able to effortlessly attract women.

what do I do guys? I'm strongly considering street begging to supplement my income. don't suggest an online business because I have absolutely nothing to sell.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

If you are going to beg, at least consider doing it online (Yes I believe they have that). Perhaps try Amazon Turk. And as for online selling, you don't need anything to sell. You can promote other's items, like I just did and got a check :D . Opportunity is out there. Perhaps consider investing if you can find some way to save.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

I'm hoping the effortlessly attract women bit is sarcasm. It is easier, but not effortless. You might want to consider higher paying jobs in manual labor. It tends to be shift work, so you know when you'll be on the clock. This gives you a shot at further education and more money at the same time. If you can stick it out in a community college, a degree in allied health can be yours for practically nothing. Bonus about working in health care: were used to seeing people that look different, and seeing all sorts of shit that is worse than just about any facial deformity, so you would be judged less. Hell, I worked with a nurse that was burned over 90% of her body and another one with a birthmark that covered and deformed half of her face, making it swollen and larger than the other half. Nobody cared, that shit was nothing compared to ostomies, bone-deep bed sores, and penises that were swollen to 4 times their ordinary size because of fluid overload. Just a thought.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Get a job in security like I just landed, depending where you are the requirements are literally to take a test you aren't allowed to fail, and they give you the answers.

it pays more then minimum and you'll know your shift, most don't work nights, so if you wanted to hit college you could do it in the morning and do night work for security.

this advice isn't what you want to hear, but don't make the mistake and wait until 28 years old to educate your self, you'll be in a world of hurt and only regret it.

do what I'm doing, count your blessings you know the way of the world and that happieness isn't in the usa, save up, study hard, and if you must attempt to interact with local women, don't take the rejection personally, substance if a person is what makes them, who you are what you do how hard you work "not job" but on your self and integrity.

You'll learn to love your self, it might be a loners game at first, but you'll find a woman too if you put your effort in to it, dare to dream, just dream what you want and don't let the others take it away.
Deformed
Freshman Poster

Post by Deformed »

so how am I supposed to live abroad even if I do get a higher paying job? vacation time is only 2 weeks
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Use your job to improve your game. I don't mean hit on the customers, but just chat to them, be friendly and learn some valuable people skills for when you do go abroad.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

An option is to move to San Diego and date in Tijuana. Tijuana isn't optimal but is still far better than anywhere in America.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

fschmidt wrote:An option is to move to San Diego and date in Tijuana. Tijuana isn't optimal but is still far better than anywhere in America.
Are you excluding your home turf of Juarez as a free fire zone? Is it still like that? That's the other big city in Mexico right across the border from an American metropolis with a lot of jobs.

To the OP: You do what everybody else here is doing, or clams to be doing: saving a money and formulating a plan of escape. If just getting laid right now is an overwhelming imperative, however, you just might consider moving to a border town where you could find work.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

gsjackson wrote:Are you excluding your home turf of Juarez as a free fire zone? Is it still like that? That's the other big city in Mexico right across the border from an American metropolis with a lot of jobs.
I think there are more jobs in San Diego than in El Paso. Juarez will take years to recover even after the violence dies down. Everyone with brains left that city, so it probably has the lowest average IQ in Mexico. Tijuana seemed okay the last time I was there a few years ago.
gsjackson wrote:If just getting laid right now is an overwhelming imperative, however, you just might consider moving to a border town where you could find work.
My wife is from a border town, so I think one can do more than just get laid.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 25yo min wage worker. need saving advice.

Post by momopi »

Deformed wrote:so I have a little situation here. I'm currently working at a grocery store for only 10 bucks an hour, 40 hours a week. its enough for basic needs' but saving money is nearly impossible.
the reason why I don't have a high paying job is because I failed math in high school and got mostly c's in everything else due to depression and other mental issues. I got my high school diploma but college is only accepting for me in artsy courses. The dilemma is that my schedule is sporatic; sometimes I work weekends sometimes from 6 in the morning to 3 so there is no room for a second job. If I had a second job then I could easily save up enough to travel and finally experience what its like to be able to effortlessly attract women.
what do I do guys? I'm strongly considering street begging to supplement my income. don't suggest an online business because I have absolutely nothing to sell.
I read that you're from Canada. Are you willing to go work in places like Fort Mac, or remote mining camps?

Be warmed that camp jobs can mean 12 hour shifts, but room, board, transportation, and training is usually provided. Jobs like these could help you save enough funds to travel abroad and visit South Korea (as suggested to you in another thread).

Example:
http://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=7d467f6 ... q&from=web
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Deformed wrote:so how am I supposed to live abroad even if I do get a higher paying job? vacation time is only 2 weeks
You get a job that allows you to take unpaid time off, or work a lot of hours and save some cash, then find a new job, get hired, and set your start date a few months out so you can go abroad in between positions. Or get a job that allows you to work as needed, like travel nursing, long haul trucking, or middle of nowhere construction jobs that they ship people in for.
Deformed
Freshman Poster

Post by Deformed »

not to be rude guys and thanks for the information but I'm completely lost. what I need help with is how to either get a place cheap enough to save money. even how to be homeless without losing my job. Or how I can get a second job.
im new to making money online and ive never done it before, if you could tell me how I can make atleast 400 dollars a month thatd be nice. i just want to be able to save a decent sum in my current situation if that's too much to ask.
Deformed
Freshman Poster

Post by Deformed »

gsjackson wrote:
fschmidt wrote:An option is to move to San Diego and date in Tijuana. Tijuana isn't optimal but is still far better than anywhere in America.
Are you excluding your home turf of Juarez as a free fire zone? Is it still like that? That's the other big city in Mexico right across the border from an American metropolis with a lot of jobs.

To the OP: You do what everybody else here is doing, or clams to be doing: saving a money and formulating a plan of escape. If just getting laid right now is an overwhelming imperative, however, you just might consider moving to a border town where you could find work.
like i said in my original post im barely saving chump change.

I've tried pua for a while now with absolutely 0 success
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Deformed wrote:not to be rude guys and thanks for the information but I'm completely lost. what I need help with is how to either get a place cheap enough to save money. even how to be homeless without losing my job. Or how I can get a second job.
im new to making money online and ive never done it before, if you could tell me how I can make atleast 400 dollars a month thatd be nice. i just want to be able to save a decent sum in my current situation if that's too much to ask.
Where are you in Canada, and how much are you paying for rent?
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Deformed wrote:not to be rude guys and thanks for the information but I'm completely lost. what I need help with is how to either get a place cheap enough to save money. even how to be homeless without losing my job. Or how I can get a second job.
Torrent some internet marketing content like the four hour work week, rich jerk, google sniper course, and others. Read, and apply.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com