Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Dating Strategy Poll

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

What foreign dating strategy did you use?

(A) Traveled for short time > brought wife/girlfriend back home
11%
(B) Move abroad > Date women abroad
56%
(C) Don't travel > Date local foreign women
22%
(D) I have not done (A), (B) or (C) yet
11%

Total votes : 9

Dating Strategy Poll

Postby drealm » January 31st, 2014, 4:23 am

I posted an earlier thread here: http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=21915

In that thread I said there were 3 foreign dating strategy options:

A) Travel for short time (1~2 weeks) > Date women abroad > Bring wife/girlfriend back home

B) Move abroad > Date women abroad

C) Don't travel > Date local foreign women

My guess is very few people have done (A) successfully. Traveling by itself does not qualify as doing (A), you must successfully of brought home your wife/girlfriend. My guess is that even fewer people have done (C) since the pool is so small.
drealm
Junior Poster

Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!

Postby fschmidt » January 31st, 2014, 7:17 am

The dating strategy that I used isn't listed here. I moved to the border and dated Mexican women.
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Postby Ghost » January 31st, 2014, 3:36 pm

B is the best option. That's what I did after getting fed up with the U.S. It's worth every sacrifice in my opinion.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby zboy1 » January 31st, 2014, 4:11 pm

fschmidt wrote:The dating strategy that I used isn't listed here. I moved to the border and dated Mexican women.

Honestly, I don't know why more Happier Abroader's don't use more of this strategy. Mexican women are good--ask Falcon, LOL!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby xiongmao » January 31st, 2014, 4:51 pm

Again D) Become a sex tourist isn't listed. Have your fun, then go home and not get nagged about anything.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby drealm » January 31st, 2014, 7:07 pm

xiongmao wrote:Again D) Become a sex tourist isn't listed. Have your fun, then go home and not get nagged about anything.

I don't consider D) a form of dating. There's no long term companionship and you can't start a family this way.

Local p4p is available anyways, it's just not as high quality.
drealm
Junior Poster

Postby drealm » January 31st, 2014, 7:14 pm

zboy1 wrote:
fschmidt wrote:The dating strategy that I used isn't listed here. I moved to the border and dated Mexican women.

Honestly, I don't know why more Happier Abroader's don't use more of this strategy. Mexican women are good--ask Falcon, LOL!

It's not used more because few people live next to the border. If you did this route you would need to move to San Diego for Tijuana or El Paso for Juarez. Tijuana seems safe but Juarez is not.

The bigger reason for not doing it is that everyone who has the mobility to do this strategy also has the mobility to do B). Why move next to Mexico when you can live in Mexico?
drealm
Junior Poster

Postby fschmidt » January 31st, 2014, 7:28 pm

drealm wrote:The bigger reason for not doing it is that everyone who has the mobility to do this strategy also has the mobility to do B). Why move next to Mexico when you can live in Mexico?

Because most people can make more money in San Diego than in Mexico.
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Postby drealm » January 31st, 2014, 7:39 pm

fschmidt wrote:
drealm wrote:The bigger reason for not doing it is that everyone who has the mobility to do this strategy also has the mobility to do B). Why move next to Mexico when you can live in Mexico?

Because most people can make more money in San Diego than in Mexico.

I guess this is a valid reason for some job scenarios.
drealm
Junior Poster

Return to Questions and Advice