Dating Strategy Poll

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.

What foreign dating strategy did you use?

(A) Traveled for short time > brought wife/girlfriend back home
11%
(B) Move abroad > Date women abroad
56%
(C) Don't travel > Date local foreign women
22%
(D) I have not done (A), (B) or (C) yet
11%

Total votes: 9
drealm
Junior Poster

Dating Strategy Poll

Post by drealm »

I posted an earlier thread here: viewtopic.php?t=21915

In that thread I said there were 3 foreign dating strategy options:

A) Travel for short time (1~2 weeks) > Date women abroad > Bring wife/girlfriend back home

B) Move abroad > Date women abroad

C) Don't travel > Date local foreign women

My guess is very few people have done (A) successfully. Traveling by itself does not qualify as doing (A), you must successfully of brought home your wife/girlfriend. My guess is that even fewer people have done (C) since the pool is so small.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

The dating strategy that I used isn't listed here. I moved to the border and dated Mexican women.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 4th, 2020, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

fschmidt wrote:The dating strategy that I used isn't listed here. I moved to the border and dated Mexican women.
Honestly, I don't know why more Happier Abroader's don't use more of this strategy. Mexican women are good--ask Falcon, LOL!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Again D) Become a sex tourist isn't listed. Have your fun, then go home and not get nagged about anything.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

xiongmao wrote:Again D) Become a sex tourist isn't listed. Have your fun, then go home and not get nagged about anything.
I don't consider D) a form of dating. There's no long term companionship and you can't start a family this way.

Local p4p is available anyways, it's just not as high quality.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

zboy1 wrote:
fschmidt wrote:The dating strategy that I used isn't listed here. I moved to the border and dated Mexican women.
Honestly, I don't know why more Happier Abroader's don't use more of this strategy. Mexican women are good--ask Falcon, LOL!
It's not used more because few people live next to the border. If you did this route you would need to move to San Diego for Tijuana or El Paso for Juarez. Tijuana seems safe but Juarez is not.

The bigger reason for not doing it is that everyone who has the mobility to do this strategy also has the mobility to do B). Why move next to Mexico when you can live in Mexico?
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

drealm wrote:The bigger reason for not doing it is that everyone who has the mobility to do this strategy also has the mobility to do B). Why move next to Mexico when you can live in Mexico?
Because most people can make more money in San Diego than in Mexico.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

fschmidt wrote:
drealm wrote:The bigger reason for not doing it is that everyone who has the mobility to do this strategy also has the mobility to do B). Why move next to Mexico when you can live in Mexico?
Because most people can make more money in San Diego than in Mexico.
I guess this is a valid reason for some job scenarios.