Are skinny guys the equivalent of fat women?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: Are skinny guys the equivalent of fat women?

Post by chanta76 »

In the west they prefer the man to be taller and bigger looking than the woman. Since American women are getting bigger and fatter they want a bigger (muscular) and taller man. Ideal size would be 5'10 and up and solid 190lbs more or less.

In Asia people are built thinner and the diet makes them even more so. Look at j pop or even k pop. That's what the girls go for. Slim looking guys. I notice in Japan the thin look is more OK compared to South Korea. Not sure about China. Height matters even in Asia so if your 5'9 and up your OK but you can have a slimmer frame compared to the west.

I'm not tallabout 5'7 but solid at my weight from years of lifting and working out. Saying that I do see guys about my height with girls. Not with model looking girls but with girls.
Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji »

I rarely see young Korean guys under 6' nowadays. I would say 5'11" is about average. Also, Korean guys tend to be heftier, better dressed, and altogether more "hip" than other Asians. The same applies to Korean women.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Guhji,

You in South Korea now? Last I been to visit South Korea was 2015 briefly. I don't know if all the young Korean guys are 5'11 range but some are . They did get taller and the same applies to Korean women. They dress really well and compared to other Asian countries are really into their looks.

it's weird though...I know lots of Korean guys around 5'8 range too...so I don't know.
Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji »

I haven't been to Korea since '97. Even back then, most young Korean men (I was 21 at the time) were TALLER than me. I am about your height. Korean guys in the states average about 6' nowadays. This I can say with confidence. Chinese guys are also tall. Don't know about Japanese and south Asian guys.

Merry Christmas, Chanta. Good luck with your real estate business.