10 best places in the world to retire

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

10 best places in the world to retire

Post by zboy1 »

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 4th, 2020, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Too much Central/South America in that list. I've got a friend there right now and there just doesn't seem much to do there.

And what about Spain? It has good weather, cheap property, excellent food, an easy to learn language and top notch expat services. Oh, and cute senoritas!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Leraldo
Freshman Poster

Post by Leraldo »

I think Spain is very good option and here is quite a lot of people in retire here. Especially around Gibraltar.

I also heard that Portugal is very happy see seniors living on their land. They have various benefits and low taxes.
I'm enjoying life in Spain, working in Gibraltar and sending money abroad for almost zero price
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: 10 best places in the world to retire

Post by OutWest »

Sounds like a list written by someone who never actually lived in any of those places....
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

OutWest wrote:
Sounds like a list written by someone who never actually lived in any of those places....
Really? Why do you say that, Outwest?
mfpinwa
Freshman Poster

Post by mfpinwa »

The problem with Latin America is everyone speaks Spanish and is Catholic. if you're not Catholic and don't speak Spanish how can you ever fit it?
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

zboy1 wrote:
OutWest wrote:

Their evaluations are idealized and not based on day to day realities. The idea that Costa Rica, Ecuador or the Philippines (Which is not on their list of course) are good retirement destinations for 95% of the population from the USA or Europe is idiotic. Their are only a few- mostly seasoned world travelers
that would be able to easily adapt to such environments. Malta and Spain my belong on the list and Panama has some merits. Costa Rica is a better place to retire than Arizona? Really? Costa Rica is a place that has elevated ripping off Gringos to an art form, and it is far from cheap.

I think these lists are created to get readership from those who dream, even though they have never really traveled. A few could do well with it- those are the 5%. I really like the Philippines, but I would
NOT be advising people to choose it as a retirement destination unless they are third-world savy and have ties to the Philippines. In most of these places, retirees would be ripped off and swindled on such
a continual basis that they would end up giving up on the place.

Outwest
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

OutWest wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
OutWest wrote:

Their evaluations are idealized and not based on day to day realities. The idea that Costa Rica, Ecuador or the Philippines (Which is not on their list of course) are good retirement destinations for 95% of the population from the USA or Europe is idiotic. Their are only a few- mostly seasoned world travelers
that would be able to easily adapt to such environments. Malta and Spain my belong on the list and Panama has some merits. Costa Rica is a better place to retire than Arizona? Really? Costa Rica is a place that has elevated ripping off Gringos to an art form, and it is far from cheap.

I think these lists are created to get readership from those who dream, even though they have never really traveled. A few could do well with it- those are the 5%. I really like the Philippines, but I would
NOT be advising people to choose it as a retirement destination unless they are third-world savy and have ties to the Philippines. In most of these places, retirees would be ripped off and swindled on such
a continual basis that they would end up giving up on the place.

Outwest
The article was from International Living - as an old geezer I am on their email list. The owners do have lots of travel experience and expat experience but theres no doubt they flog the same places often. Seems like Panama is always at the top of their list. Don't know if that is a genuine view or they are financially tied into getting people to Panama. I would also say that their target market seems to be retirees who are fairly well off (not sure I meet that criteria). Anyway, I enjoy some of their articles but take it all with a grain of salt. Everyone likes different places for different reasons. For example, my wife doesn't want to live where Outwest lives, since she believes all Mindanao is teeming with terrorists :)
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Repost
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

mfpinwa wrote:The problem with Latin America is everyone speaks Spanish and is Catholic. if you're not Catholic and don't speak Spanish how can you ever fit it?
You learn the language and respect the culture, f.uckboy. I'm sick of you lazy disrespectful expats that always want people to learn English so that it becomes easier to spread feminism, then you have to pack up and start over again. Get past your ADHD/ADD issue and/or arrogance, and learn another language and try to speak it, even if you take stabs at it grammatically incorrectly.

Why is it that a Black American man (whom is historically-deemed to have an iota of intelligence due to American-styled racism on many levels) like SkateboardStephen, whom was accustomed to speaking American English, whom dealt with a lot of extra bulls.hit can allot time for himself had been able to take zealous strides in learning another idiom??? Not one! TWO NEW IDIOMS, which are Spanish, then he picked up Brazilian Portuguese and now he respects the culture even though he has his issues with it and has his success with it.

PS: Terrance aka The_Adventurer can speak Mandarin, and he's a Black American man. Step your IQ and linguistics up. I'm tired of Americans fulfilling that "What's the difference between an American and a European? A: An American only knows one language". Doesn't that annoy you that you are looked at like an idiot by most non-Americans?

Not every place in the world will be a utopia for us disgruntled, Anglosphere-disenfranchised men, but it's plausibly feasible to make it out there or else why have this f.ucking site??? ...besides making Winston money until he pulls his bullsh.it together so he can be the leader he originally was when he had gone abroad.

I'm sick of you western expats that ask your woman to shave it bald because you are too simple to spread the p.ussy open and eat it like a real skilled man should. I'm sick of this pedophilic phenomena spreading in lackluster hips. It's better to be a ephebophile with a hairy p.ussy than a pedophile. The purpose of pubic hair is too attract your mate visually and scentwise. I understand a lot of you guys loathe it to be musty, but it doesn't have to have that much stench for it to be enjoyable.

There are TOO MANY TORRENTS, eBooks (via format of PDF (opens in Adobe Reader & Acrobat), ePub, chm help format files), and even if you were to go the legal route, there's Pimsleur, the Paula Dean of Language software tutorials: that b.itch Rosetta Stone, and even people from their respective countries whom upload tutorials of them wanting people to speak their language!!!!!!

Yes LadiSlav b.itches about what Pandora's Box of realms opening up that he wished he had not learned about because of his some of his experiences were negative. On the other hand, what if we didn't know English? Would that have made it better to live in the Anglosphere? No, it wouldn't (#NoDoubleNegativePun) If anything, it would make life harder because people don't stick together and expect you to speak-a English.

This is not a diss against LadiSlav. I'm trying to unmitigate any expat's potential to learn and increase one's knowledge of life. I think learning languages is awesome and respects one culture even if they don't respect you; also learn it to challenge yourself in accomplishing life, men.

Yes, I f.uck a lot of women, both domestically and abroad, but at least I try to live like the late Paul Walker and LOVE to live even if you were to DIE DOING IT!!!

If you aren't Catholic, you have to weigh out your options if you wanted something that Catholics benefit from. Damn, poke your chest out and grow up!
Seduction Sebi
Freshman Poster

Post by Seduction Sebi »

I hope I will love my work so much that I don't even want to retire one day but my dream is to live in South East Asia and especially in Thailand. I don't even want to wait before my retirement. I plan to move there before I am 25.