Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Where should I go next?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

What country should I go to next?

Stay in China
13%
South Korea
13%
Taiwan
No votes
Philippines
No votes
Japan
13%
Thailand
25%
Other
38%

Total votes : 8

Where should I go next?

Postby zboy1 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:31 am

Okay, guys...I was wondering where I should go next; I think it's well known I have been somewhat disappointed in China, but I've still enjoyed my time here. It's been a really eye-opening experience for me, and I suggest anyone wanting to go to China to come here and experience the country for yourself. It's been fun. ...

I've done more dating in China than I ever did back home in the States, which is strange since I've been told--even by some American girls--that I was cute. And I even had a White girlfriend in High School...

Anyway...people shouldn't have much problems finding girls in China--even so called 'betas' or someone of a different race, or even an elderly person. As Kai has said before, and which I agree: foreign guys shouldn't have too much problems getting Chinese girls. My issue is more with finding 'quality girls,' not just 'quantity of girls.'

My contract in China is due to finish by the end of June, so I was wondering where you guys think would be the best opportunity for me next?

Should I stay in China, and try to learn the language, or should I go somewhere else? I have an opportunity to get a job with a Korean multi-national here in Shenzhen--due one of the contacts that I made being a tutor for the children of a Korean businessman here. He said he could get me a job anytime I wanted, because he's involved in the Korean business community, and because he appreciated the work that I did for his children. BTW, both of the Korean kids have really improved with their English--and the eldest one even got the highest score on the English test because of my tutoring.

I could also get a job with a English language center anywhere in China; I probably would prefer one of the inner provinces of China, though, such as Hunan or somewhere up-north. If I were to stay in China, I want to see more of the interior parts of the country, where many people (including some Chinese) have told me the women are much better in quality than in Hangzhou, Shenzhen, Beijing or Shanghai...

Also, a tip for any newbies interested in China: I repeat, do not get a job with an third-party agency in China; I've gotten ripped-off with my salary because my agency has taken away some money from my paycheck as 'fees.' So try to get a job directly with a school or a language institute instead of going to an agency in China.

Rock recommended Taiwan as a potential destiny for me in the future, because he said the country is a much more civilized version of China, than the mainland. I could also get much more money in Taiwan than I could by teaching in China.

On the other hand, Winston is really down on the country--and I read many of his posts criticizing many aspects of Taiwanese society. ...

Another option is Thailand...

I loved Thailand when I visited the country in 09...but the recent spate of protests all throughout the country is really starting to put me off to the idea of ever going there soon....

But even with all the chaos going on in the country...I still love the laid-back atmosphere of the country, the weather, and all the friendly faces of the people that I met, during my two weeks that I stayed there a couple of years ago. ...

The Philippines is probably the most intriguing destination on the poll; One of the most important things in my life, right now, is to find a good wife and to start a family, so I know one of the best places to find a good wife is in the Philippines. Plus, I really like the friendly nature of the Filipinos, and the laid-back atmosphere of the Filipino culture (unlike many of the Northeast Asian countries).

I actually think the Philippines is really high-up on my list of next potential countries...

Finally, I listed two Northeast Asian countries to the poll: South Korea and Japan. As a South Korean, I believe the country is the greatest 'fit' for me in terms of suitability due to my Korean background and race; there won't be as much of a "culture shock" because I'm of Korean heritage, and I can speak some Korean (although not fluently).

I could also get a teaching job in Korea as a "Gyopo" or overseas Korean, much easier than in, let's say, China, Japan or Thailand. (For those that don't know, the countries that I just listed above, prefer hiring Whites, over Blacks, Latinos or other Asians. There's lots of discrimination involved in the teaching profession in most parts of Asia.)

My relatives are also in Korea, so that is a plus as well. And, finding friends won't be a problem, since so many overseas Koreans are in the country.

The problem is the girls in Korea are pretty entitled, materialistic and very selfish. Also, why would I want to go to a country where I won't experience anything new--in terms of culture and food?

As for Japan, I would love to teach English there, but I heard they prefer hiring Whites over other races. And, Koreans are actively discriminated in that country. Also, the Japanese are notoriously racist and xenophobic (which isn't as big of a problem for me in countries like Korea or China, because I look like a Chinese or Korean. That won't be the case in Japan, because I look noticeably different from them.)

The pluses for Japan are as follows: hot girls, great cities, and a great culture to experience life in. And, I love some aspects of Japanese culture like the food, the videogames and anime.

On the subject of Japanese females: since so many Japanese men are sadly, becoming "herbivore men," wouldn't it be a great opportunity for me to step-in, and get me a nice Japanese lady? LOL.

Btw, I've listed the option of "Other," for anyone that wants to suggest a country not on the list. (I'll be glad to hear about any country not currently on my radar. And it doesn't have to be in Asia, for that matter!)
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Mr S » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:59 pm

Why don't you go to some countries in Latin America? I heard once you get boots on the ground it's easy to get English teaching gigs if you need the extra money and they probably won't discriminate against you being Asian.

This is a pretty good blog to read about Latin American ex-pat stuff:
http://www.expat-chronicles.com

Asia isn't going anywhere and one can always return after exploring other parts of the world where agism is a bit more prevalent.

Hit Asia when you are in your late 30's or older.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Postby xiongmao » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:19 pm

I had a tremendous time in Thailand last year. It was a good place to live, with little pollution, good weather, cheap accommodation and great food. I wouldn't say it was a good place to find a wife though.

Why not check out London? It's pretty much the most multi-cultural city on earth. I'm now sharing a house with a Cuban and a girl from Africa. On a sunny afternoon, London is the best city on the planet.

Japan is also good, but I guess with your Korean heritage it could be more problematic.

Central China is full of nice ladies, but the climate can be hostile. Changsha (Hunan's capital) is the centre as far as beautiful women are concerned.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: Where should I go next?

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:56 am

zboy1 wrote:Okay, guys...

Stay in China for another year. Learn the language at least to an immediate level.
And if you do not get quality Chinese girls after a year, then make a run to SK via the Korean
business dude. Happier Abroad isn't always about the "easiest way out". It's about
learning about cultures too, man. You know Korean (which is simpler than Mandarin,
Cantonese, BIG-10 notation, etc.), but you have the aptitude to learn Chinese because
you are already fluent in two idioms.

Repeat: do not burn bridges with the Korean business man!! Keep in touch with him
on the monthly so that you can make a seamless leap to SK in teaching English
there. Besides Saudi Arabia, S. Korea pays pretty damn good to Eng. teachers, and they have
the fastest Internet speed in the world. Korean women have nice curvy legs; they
have some of the nicest legs on the planet and in Asia altogether.

The only con I see with SK is the post-WWII influence of Christianity hence a medium of
western-styled feminism. It has affected some of the women there; it has NOT affected
some of the women there.

Other than that, that's what I would do if I were you. :-)
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Postby zboy1 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:27 am

All good recommendations, guys!

Latin America is intriguing to me as an Asian male; I've heard Latin American girls are into Asian men. Also, staying in China is another option, although I'm not going to stay there permanently: there's much better countries out there in Asia, than China.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:34 am

Cool stuff.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Postby Bao3niang » Thu May 01, 2014 1:16 pm

At the Lido hotel in Beijing there is a Western / Texan themed restaurant and they have a bar singer duo from the Philippines, one male and one female. My first time there the singer (the Filipina) said 'Hi' to me when I just went in there to take a look. I was like: "Wow!" The guy (guitarist) immediately gave me a somewhat threatening look, I asked the manager whether they were a couple and she gave me an affirmative.

The Thai restaurant one floor up (Phrik Thai) serves only mediocre/satisfactory quality food, but I also know a 26 year old Thai waitress from Bangkok who works there. She's actually doing her post graduate studies in university in Beijing. I thought Thai people were supposed to be friendly and really outgoing but she seems to be an exception.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Postby xiongmao » Fri May 02, 2014 7:44 pm

Latin America could be good.

I think everyone should go to Europe as well. I was out in London last night - it's a vibrant city with a lot going on. It would be a great place to work for a while, although dating might not be that great. But nowhere else has as much going on really.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby Halwick » Sat May 03, 2014 1:16 am

Speaking of Latin America, How is Belize?

I read anectdotal stories that suggests it is a good place to live. Anybody here with first hand experiences and thoughts? Specifically how are it's people, customs, food, culture, government, laws, taxes, and land ownership privileges, etc?

Much appreciated.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Return to Questions and Advice