Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Best Hosting for an e-commerce site?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Best Hosting for an e-commerce site?

Postby Renata » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:18 pm

I built an e-commerce site & I'm looking for hosting for it. Where can I get the best reliable hosting & my money's worth?

Is GoDaddy a good option? I see they offer >
UNLIMITED Domains
UNLIMITED Subdomains
FREE Domain Transfer
Domain Privacy
International Domains

Are there any taxes associated with having an e-commerce site registered or hosted in the US or the UK? I don't know too much about hosting a website at all, so I'll appreciate any info or advice you've got. Pros & Cons of it all.

Thanks & take care 8)
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster

Postby Tsar » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:56 pm

I'm also looking for a good hosting site for a regular site and a second website where I can sell things. I have my domains at GoDaddy.

I was looking at BlueHost because it was recommended in an older thread. Can you use a different company to host your website than the company the registrar you registered your domain with?
Tsar
Experienced Poster

Postby Mystery Writer » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:24 pm

After years with HostMonster, I switched to Hostgator and recommend them highly. As for domains, I always buy them from another source (1&1). You don't want your hosting company holding your domains hostage!
Mystery Writer
Freshman Poster

Return to Questions and Advice