How to send surprise gift to Chinese girl you have crush on?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
mr_certainly_not_ordinary
Freshman Poster

How to send surprise gift to Chinese girl you have crush on?

Post by mr_certainly_not_ordinary »

Hi!

I`m 35 years old. She is chinese woman from Beijing. She's soo gorgeous :-)! I want to send a surprise gift to this girl i have a crush on, problem is i dont know her address. I only know her name. How can I ask for it without sounding creepy and without giving away my plan? There anyone else i could ask like a friend of hers.

I`d be glad if someone could help me?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by mr_certainly_not_ordinary on March 18th, 2014, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

If she has a job, find out where she works.

Good luck.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Freshman Poster

Thanks Jester! Wouldn`t it be too embarrassing for her receiving flowers at work? Sorry for my poor English!
Freshman Poster

She works as waitress in order to pay her tuition fees.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

mr_certainly_not_ordinary wrote:Thanks Jester! Wouldn`t it be too embarrassing for her receiving flowers at work? Sorry for my poor English!
Not at all. She will treasure the experience, and be the envy of her friends. It's a great idea, actually.

Ask her to "tell you about" the place she works. (It's called an open-ended question.) Keep her talking (or texting) till she tells you the part of town it's in, what it's near, and what it's called.

Go for it!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

By the way, there are folks here who are fluent in Mandarin Chinese, especially "Falcon".

Ask for help if you need it!
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

All Chinese women I know get stuff delivered to their work address. At the Chinese Uni I studied at there was a bit of sidewalk where delivery companies would set up shop and give the girls the stuff they'd ordered online.

Mind you, only betas buy gifts for girls.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

xiongmao wrote:
Very true, I've never given my wife flowers, a wedding ring or a honeymoon and its the best relationship I've been in.
Freshman Poster

xiongmao wrote:All Chinese women I know get stuff delivered to their work address. At the Chinese Uni I studied at there was a bit of sidewalk where delivery companies would set up shop and give the girls the stuff they'd ordered online.

Is there any evidence that validates "Alpha" or "Beta" males? In wolf packs, it's generally a patriarch at the head of his immediate family, with new packs being formed when a younger male sets out on his own. Humans obviously have an exponentially more complex social system, and the ALPHA CONCEPT IS EVEN MORE INACCURATE. I don`t compare myself to wolves or apes.
If you want evidence, just observe humans. Is president Obama an alpha? How about Donald trump? Do some men command more respect than others? When you see an average looking dude with a beautiful woman, what assumptions do you make about him?
Freshman Poster

Taco wrote:
xiongmao wrote:
Very true, I've never given my wife flowers, a wedding ring or a honeymoon and its the best relationship I've been in.
Are you trying to say wearing a wedding ring makes you a beta male/wimp, right? Only "real" man don`t buy presents?
Freshman Poster

Jester wrote:
mr_certainly_not_ordinary wrote:Thanks Jester! Wouldn`t it be too embarrassing for her receiving flowers at work? Sorry for my poor English!
Not at all. She will treasure the experience, and be the envy of her friends. It's a great idea, actually.

Ask her to "tell you about" the place she works. (It's called an open-ended question.) Keep her talking (or texting) till she tells you the part of town it's in, what it's near, and what it's called.

Go for it!
Thanks for your advice!
TheLegendSeeker
Freshman Poster

Post by TheLegendSeeker »

Sounds like you are trying to buy her affection with gifts. Do you know how she feels about you?
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I usually present stuffed animals, since they last longer than flowers and she can treasure them quite a while after you give them.
Freshman Poster

[quote="TheLegendSeeker"]Sounds like you are trying to buy her affection with gifts. Do you know how she feels about you?[/quote]

It sounds like but it doesn`t. I know that affection can`t be bought with gifts. Why do some men think "only betas buy gifts for girls"? That implies that men who give their gf/wifes aren`t "alpha male" or real men?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

mr_certainly_not_ordinary, please uncheck the "Disable BBCode in this post" box, or else your posts containing quotes, will not be shown properly in the thread.