How to send surprise gift to Chinese girl you have crush on?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

mr_certainly_not_ordinary wrote:
Taco wrote:
xiongmao wrote:
Mind you, only betas buy gifts for girls.
Very true, I've never given my wife flowers, a wedding ring or a honeymoon and its the best relationship I've been in.
Are you trying to say wearing a wedding ring makes you a beta male/wimp, right? Only "real" man don`t buy presents?
Not exactly, any woman that isn't submissive to you will not make a good girlfriend. Its her job to convince you she's worth keeping not the other way around. If you have to constantly buy her stuff to keep her happy she's not a keeper.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

mr_certainly_not_ordinary
Freshman Poster

ALPHA CONCEPT IS EVEN MORE INACCURATE

Post by mr_certainly_not_ordinary »

I haven`t bought her anything yet!! So are you a "real" man aka alpha male or not? I don`t want to buy her constantly stuff to keep her happy. Who told you that?

"The concept of the alpha wolf is well ingrained in the popular wolf literature at least partly because of my book “The Wolf: Ecology and Behavior of an Endangered Species,â€￾ written in 1968, published in 1970, republished in paperback in 1981, and currently still in print, despite my numerous pleas to the publisher to stop publishing it. Although most of the book’s info is still accurate, much is outdated. We have learned more about wolves in the last 40 years then in all of previous history.

One of the outdated pieces of information is the concept of the alpha wolf. “Alphaâ€￾ implies competing with others and becoming top dog by winning a contest or battle. However, most wolves who lead packs achieved their position simply by mating and producing pups, which then became their pack. In other words they are merely breeders, or parents, and that’s all we call them today, the “breeding male,â€￾ “breeding female,â€￾ or “male parent,â€￾ “female parent,â€￾ or the “adult maleâ€￾ or “adult female.â€￾ In the rare packs that include more than one breeding animal, the “dominant breederâ€￾ can be called that, and any breeding daughter can be called a “subordinate breeder.â€￾

Is there any evidence that validates "Alpha" or "Beta" males?
Humans obviously have an exponentially more complex social system, and the ALPHA CONCEPT IS EVEN MORE INACCURATE. I don`t compare myself to wolves or apes.
If you want evidence, just observe humans. Is president Obama an alpha? How about Donald trump? Do some men command more respect than others? When you see an average looking dude with a beautiful woman, what assumptions do you make about him? Why are u still using this concept?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: ALPHA CONCEPT IS EVEN MORE INACCURATE

Post by Jester »

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

You guys jumping on the OP, bear in mind that there is a difference between sweeping a girl off her feet with a romantic gesture (flowers, Falcon's stuffed toy, a little toy, whatever) versus buying her with deliberately overpriced designer handbag, expensive jewelry etc.

I dont give much in gifts, but I would love to put a smile on a girl's face.

Remember the old days when you could pick wildflowers and make a girl happy? Yeah me neither. But WHAT IF???
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Why not send her a pic of you? Who needs to spend money so soon?
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

xiongmao wrote:Mind you, only betas buy gifts for girls.
I would like to see evidence about an "alpha male" who can convince a woman that his presence by her side is the only gift she will ever need :) Spoiling a girl beyond your means is a dead end, but marking specific events with a gift that makes her feel cared for, I don't see anything against.

Mind you, "alpha vs beta" arguments are the stuff of a bunch of immature losers who need to fantasize about boosting their sexual lives to the stars.
Last edited by publicduende on March 17th, 2014, 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheLegendSeeker
Freshman Poster

Post by TheLegendSeeker »

To the author of this thread: You feel like you don't have anything to offer her therefore you want to buy her a material gift to compensate it. Maybe it will make her like you you might think,but gifts won't make a girl like you,This might be hard to read but in life there's always a hard pill to swallow. You can ignore our advice and learn it
the hard way.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Obviously you wouldn't buy any gifts for Western skanks, but this might be a proper woman he is talking about here.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

publicduende wrote:
xiongmao wrote:Mind you, only betas buy gifts for girls.
I would like to see evidence about an "alpha male" who can convince a woman that his presence by her side is the only gift she will ever need :) Spoiling a girl beyond your means is a dead end, but marking specific events with a gift that makes her feel cared for, I don't see anything against.

Mind you, "alpha vs beta" arguments are the stuff of a bunch of immature losers who need to fantasize about boosting their sexual lives to the stars.
+1

The difference in my modest experience is that a Western woman will judge you based on the cost or status of the gift. A good foreign girl will be thrilled you thought of her. The first time I sent my wife flowers you would have thought I had bought her a Mercedes :) She had never been given roses and she gushed over it for days, bragged to all her friends, posted scads of pics on Facebook. Isn't that what we all want; a woman who appreciates our efforts.

OTOH, I agree that a guy can easily go overboard and use money or material items to compensate for something. YMMV.
ChampionKaji
Freshman Poster

Post by ChampionKaji »

Don't be Black. If you are white (especially blonde/blue) that is seen as a gift in and of itself to Asiu\an women.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

davewe wrote:The difference in my modest experience is that a Western woman will judge you based on the cost or status of the gift. A good foreign girl will be thrilled you thought of her. The first time I sent my wife flowers you would have thought I had bought her a Mercedes :) She had never been given roses and she gushed over it for days, bragged to all her friends, posted scads of pics on Facebook. Isn't that what we all want; a woman who appreciates our efforts.

OTOH, I agree that a guy can easily go overboard and use money or material items to compensate for something. YMMV.
+1000. Voice of wisdom indeed.

Good women don't value gifts based on their monetary value. A small present that talks to her about what she likes, what she enjoys doing, something she might have told her partner, or even a perfect stranger, and said partner "captured" and turned into gift - has far more value than a standard and expensive item purchased because it's flashy or glamorous, or "popular right now".

Better still, a gift that talks to her about "you two"...what makes your relationship with her intimately unique. A reminder of something or someplace that was shared a few days, weeks or even months earlier.

As somebody say, the perfect gift should be "a small piece of you".
mr_certainly_not_ordinary
Freshman Poster

Post by mr_certainly_not_ordinary »

TheLegendSeeker wrote:To the author of this thread: You feel like you don't have anything to offer her therefore you want to buy her a material gift to compensate it. Maybe it will make her like you you might think,but gifts won't make a girl like you,This might be hard to read but in life there's always a hard pill to swallow. You can ignore our advice and learn it
the hard way.
but gifts won't make a girl like you

Do u really think i wouldn`t have known that?'

Where is your reponse to my question?

Why do some men think "only betas buy gifts for girls"? That implies that men who give their gf/wifes aren`t "alpha male" or real men?
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

So what did you buy her? I'm so sick of threads where the author never gets back and tells us about the ending (almost nobody does)...
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
TheLegendSeeker
Freshman Poster

Post by TheLegendSeeker »

polya wrote:So what did you buy her? I'm so sick of threads where the author never gets back and tells us about the ending (almost nobody does)...
Yes I hate it when people don't update.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

polya wrote:I'm so sick of threads where the author never gets back and tells us about the ending
+1
Maybe they don't get the expected results and don't want to admit it.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?