How do BROWN guys do in Latin American countries?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

How do BROWN guys do in Latin American countries?

Post by MrMark1972 »

Just trying to get an idea on how Latin women(Costa Rica,Colombia,Mexico) are on the whole skin color issue.My original dream was Thailand but that got tossed,last year,after researching how Thais are really into the whole white skin thing.Im light brown(but darken very quickly under the sun)as my dad is from Trinidad and my mom is Caucasian.I'm in good shape 5'9" 180lbs lean.I'm sure lots of you are going to recommend France,Eastern Europe etc. but those are not my type of girls.I like black hair with nice curves 8) And I'm planning on living in a warm paradise for about 8-9 months of the year away from this frigid,overexpensive country.Thanks for any useful feedback boys!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

You wouldn't do too bad in Thailand too,yes white skin is considered pretty as almost any Asian countries and you can count Latin America too.
You are brown,you are not fully black so you got still the not full black skin african type.

I'm myself quite brown when i tan,i'm Latin or i can be confused with an Arab and still in Thailand i can do well even if they are not fond of Arabs in general.

As Latin America,my place of birth a blonde blue eyed guy is quit attractive to women if you compare to a brown or black guy.
I've seen this attitude in LA so it's not only in Thailand you will find this.

Now with the black or brown being singers,hollywood star i feel more Thai women are closer to the black skin but i'm doubtful this apply to the upper Thai chinese class.

Mixed black and white will not do so bad...depends of your facial structure,your average build and of course your attitude.

I will be more cautious of Eastern Europe...myself i wouldn't go there.
Last edited by green1976 on April 24th, 2014, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

Thanks for the detailed reply green1976.I will be starting my global dating experience this August with a trip to Costa Rica and then I will see for myself how things go.I'm well built with tatooes and a North American vibe so that should work to my advantage.It's interesting that you mentioned that you look Arab,as most girls ask me if I'm Lebanese or Egyptian and others say I have a Bollywood actor look...lol....Whatever it is,it cant be worse than the North American dating scene.
:lol:
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Warm paradise? Black hair and nice curves?

Malaysia and Indonesia, hands down. Many of the women there have "Brown Guy Fever." Malaysia and Indonesia are to South Asian guys as the Philippines is to white guys.

http://rashedin.blogspot.com/2006/03/ba ... -sexy.html
But if you're a polished Bangladeshi dude with good English and know how to carry yourself - you are a hot potato. Getting chicks won't be a problem. And going to Malaysia was an eye opener.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BN ... 32074.html
Take a 22-year-old construction worker whose sharp features and boyish good looks could pass him off as a Bollywood star.
I have been approached by many Filipino and Indonesian maids who wanted to be my friend.

"I'm not interested to have one but they insisted in giving me their phone numbers," he said with a smile.

But given that you say that you're more Westernized, Latin America might work better for you in your case.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

Good points Falcon but I think I'm starting with the Latino girls as there is really nothing ethnic about me other than light brown skin...not to mention that Latin America is a whole lot closer flying time wise.Thanks for the reply bro!
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

I have family in Panama so i'm going there in July.
I was thinking to take a trip to Thailand and the Philippines in July but it will be a short time to spend there.
After July i have one year free,i have saved some money so i hope to be abroad for around 6 months.
I will go for two months in October and November to South East Asia.

The last time i was in Panama was in 2001.
I'm a Latin guy who tan easily but in Latin America i would be considered more in the white side.
I lived in Norway and in no way they would consider me really white.
As for me,i can be attractive to girls in Latin America but i never got the attention i got in Thailand.
It's not possible to mix with locals in Thailand,they clearly see i'm a foreigner(most time of time think of farang,and some time Arab..)

I wasn't particulary impressed with my last trip in 2001 regarding quality of women,success i had and so on..
This time it's more a family trip..anyway the women are surely a lot better compared to the Western World so i hope to have a relaxing time.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

green1976 wrote:I have family in Panama so i'm going there in July.
I was thinking to take a trip to Thailand and the Philippines in July but it will be a short time to spend there.
After July i have one year free,i have saved some money so i hope to be abroad for around 6 months.

I'm a Latin guy who tan easily but in Latin America i would be considered more in the white side.
As for me,i can be attractive to girls in Latin America but i never got the attention i got in Thailand.
It's not possible to mix with locals in Thailand,they clearly see i'm a foreigner(most time of time think of farang,and some time Arab..)

I wasn't particulary impressed with my last trip in 2001 regarding quality of women,success i had and so on..
This time it's more a family trip..anyway the women are surely a lot better compared to the Western World so i hope to have a relaxing time.
Hola green1976,

Nice to know another person from Panama here on HA. Are you from the Pacific or Atlantic side? I was born in Ancon and lived in Curundu as a child, then came to the U.S. after parents retired in the 60s. Years later managed to wangle a tour of duty at Albrook and Howard AFB during the late 1980s. Lots of things changed. Still have a soft spot in heart for Panama and may someday go back.

Hope you have a good trip.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

Sounds like you might have some fun in Panama but your heart is really set on going to Asia later in the year so that is propably where you will meet lots of girls as your mind is set.I am really surprised that Thai girls are attracted to tan skin as the word is that they only like white guys.Whereabouts in Thailand did you meet up with the girls?..I'm not interested in P4P anywhere in the world so that's out of the question,even in Thailand or Latin countries.My plan is to start with Costa Rica,hopefully in August,and see what's next by January/February...hopefully a Latin country as Asia is very far...lol :lol:
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

MrMark1972 wrote:

Sounds like you might have some fun in Panama but your heart is really set on going to Asia later in the year so that is propably where you will meet lots of girls as your mind is set.I am really surprised that Thai girls are attracted to tan skin as the word is that they only like white guys.Whereabouts in Thailand did you meet up with the girls?..I'm not interested in P4P anywhere in the world so that's out of the question,even in Thailand or Latin countries.My plan is to start with Costa Rica,hopefully in August,and see what's next by January/February...hopefully a Latin country as Asia is very far...lol :lol:

They would prefer white skin in general but tanned skin is accepted to some limit.
What count also is your facial structure.
Is your nose white with a nose bridge or more black?
In Thailand the nose is very important lol.

If i put myself on the sun, my attractive value will go down.
See how these women avoid the sun too as they know dark skin is not considered cute.
Same for me..i have to put the variables to my advantages.

Well,the women you can normaly get will be the middle class to the poor class.
If the guy is full black,he can have trouble there.

The upper class in BKK,who see themselves as white asian superior to other Thais,won't be tempted easily to date a white and a tanned foreigner.
If a woman is attracted to one,her family will be reluctant to it.
They prefer them to marry to a wealhty Thai chinese.

When my tan is medium,i get labelled like an Italian,Spanish or Arab.
If my tan is at the maximum,i think i will lean more towards an Arab,Indian.

I reckon i can do pretty good against a blonde blue eyed kind of foreigner because besides the skin factor,i'm still in good shape for my age,don't have wrinkles,losing slightly my hair,having a correct weigh(170 lbs),good size(6"2).
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Halwick wrote:

Hola green1976,

Nice to know another person from Panama here on HA. Are you from the Pacific or Atlantic side? I was born in Ancon and lived in Curundu as a child, then came to the U.S. after parents retired in the 60s. Years later managed to wangle a tour of duty at Albrook and Howard AFB during the late 1980s. Lots of things changed. Still have a soft spot in heart for Panama and may someday go back.

Hope you have a good trip.
Hola compatriota.
Asi que el mundo es chiquito jaja.
Naci en Panama city pero my madre que es Argentina y my padre que es Panameno se fueron para Francia cuando tenia 4 anos.
Ahora esta divorciado.

Hice toda my escolaridad en Francia pero nunca realmente me acostumbre en el pais.
Seguro que en my"sangre"tengo algo distincto de un puro Europeo.
No me veo para nada teniendo un vida reglada a la francesa o a la occidental.
Son como muertos para mi.

Panama is changing fast for real.
My eyes are turned to SEA so going to Panama is a side trip and choosing to stagnate in France or stay in Panama without spending too much,i prefer to experience how this will work in Panama.
ElReyBoludo
Freshman Poster

Post by ElReyBoludo »

green1976 wrote:Hola compatriota.
Asi que el mundo es chiquito jaja.
Naci en Panama city pero my madre que es Argentina y my padre que es Panameno se fueron para Francia cuando tenia 4 anos.
Ahora esta divorciado.

Hice toda my escolaridad en Francia pero nunca realmente me acostumbre en el pais.
Seguro que en my"sangre"tengo algo distincto de un puro Europeo.
No me veo para nada teniendo un vida reglada a la francesa o a la occidental.
Son como muertos para mi.

Panama is changing fast for real.
My eyes are turned to SEA so going to Panama is a side trip and choosing to stagnate in France or stay in Panama without spending too much,i prefer to experience how this will work in Panama.

Si tus padres son latinoamericanos los dos, y preferís radicarte por aquellos lares, ya contás con el derecho al retorno; de hecho, si vos mismo naciste en tierra panameña, serás nacional, si no has renunciado antes.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

green1976 wrote:
MrMark1972 wrote:

They would prefer white skin in general but tanned skin is accepted to some limit.

See how these women avoid the sun too as they know dark skin is not considered cute.

The upper class in BKK,who see themselves as white asian superior to other Thais,won't be tempted easily to date a white and a tanned foreigner.

I reckon i can do pretty good against a blonde blue eyed kind of foreigner because besides the skin factor,i'm still in good shape for my age,don't have wrinkles,losing slightly my hair,having a correct weigh(170 lbs),good size(6"2).
Well in that case I think I might be ok in Thailand,perhaps Malaysia/Indonesia,as my nose is "Caucasian" style and just like you,when I'm dark tan people think I'm Mexican,Egyptian or maybe Indian...I am not a fan of the sun and even on vacation prefer to be in the shade.Besides the skin color issues too much sun causes premature aging.I think with my Westernized look,muscular build(5'9" 180 lbs lean),tatoos etc. I can attract a handful of girls in their late twenties/early thirties in a Latin country or even SEA.In my country(Canada) I would be considered too old to date anyone under 36(I'm 42)...the main obstacle might be language as I speak very basic "gringo tourist" Spanish which is not going to get me anywhere...I'm planning to take a Spanish language course this summer to help up my game.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

MrMark1972 wrote:
green1976 wrote:
MrMark1972 wrote:

Well in that case I think I might be ok in Thailand,perhaps Malaysia/Indonesia,as my nose is "Caucasian" style and just like you,when I'm dark tan people think I'm Mexican,Egyptian or maybe Indian...I am not a fan of the sun and even on vacation prefer to be in the shade.Besides the skin color issues too much sun causes premature aging.I think with my Westernized look,muscular build(5'9" 180 lbs lean),tatoos etc. I can attract a handful of girls in their late twenties/early thirties in a Latin country or even SEA.In my country(Canada) I would be considered too old to date anyone under 36(I'm 42)...the main obstacle might be language as I speak very basic "gringo tourist" Spanish which is not going to get me anywhere...I'm planning to take a Spanish language course this summer to help up my game.
Yes you shouldn't have any particular problem.
I never felt treatened by the youngsters crowd surfer type.
See how on mongering boards to Thailand the old brigade is quit pissed off from the influx of young guys lol.
They comment why young handsome dudes need to travel all the world to f**k haha.
Better not too compare differents decades..it get to a point that a men must have plenty of "qualities"to even get a mediocre women.

What help me is that i prefer a girl with positive attitude than a stunner with shitty atittude.
And a stunner is rarely accessible even in Thailand.

So as i'm ready to bang a 6 not chasing the most beautiful ones,i just feel very relaxed because plenty of women in Thailand who are average are ready for it.

I know speaking Spanish fluently is a big plus..i can believe guys telling me i should use more this to go to Latin America than to SEA.
The main thing is i enjoyed a lot Thailand,the asian look and many things.
I was never really into Latin America.

But now,they are economical realities..do i prefer to vegetate in France alone surrounded by a country i don't like,or should i make a try to go without spending too much money to Panama having a lot of family there.
I could also make the move to Argentina but Argentina is too European for my taste.
I think also i'm considered more handsome in Panama than Argentina.

For the 20,30 women crowds,as my experience you should even get the younger chicks and you should be careful for them not to be underage.
In Thailand you can imagine,in the countryside,a girl who is 17 is as hot compared to a girl who is 18.
But i'm always careful with this..it can be a setup or if they know this in the village they can put pressure for money,marriage or involving the police...

Each time we pass by an high school in the countryside on motorbike,believe me,many females students give to me big smiles,calling me and saying hello.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

Actually I was planning to "test the waters" this summer by creating an online profile and trying out foreign dating sites geared towards Latin girls and also SEA girls(I like both 8) )...but I need to do lots more reading and research,on this forum,so as to not fall into traps and waste my time on girls that may be looking for money or a free ticket to North America at my expense.