Who's Roosh?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Who's Roosh?

Post by chanta76 »

Sorry if this is a double post but cant find my thread.
I never read any of his work but from what I assume he is a major monger that talks about his life style and charges people to fund his life style ? Am I correct ?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Ever heard of Google, mate? :)
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Yea Google Roosh V forum
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Also returnofkings.com
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Who's Roosh?

Post by zboy1 »

chanta76 wrote:Sorry if this is a double post but cant find my thread.
I never read any of his work but from what I assume he is a major monger that talks about his life style and charges people to fund his life style ? Am I correct ?
Yeah, basically...

Although be warned: there's lots of bullshitters on both RooshV and Return-of-Kings forum and website.

Sometimes the threads descend into a d*ck-measuring contest between men there...
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I knew people will say google it but it seems like on this site many posters quote or read up on his stuff. I have an idea about what HA is about. And what type of posters comes here.

So a better question what do others think of Roosh? It seems like as zboy mentioned there are some fans of his and want to emulate his life style. While others have different thinking.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Well, I think roosh is as good as any site out there. His articles are so spot on. Everything he writes I'm nodding my head in total agreement. I'm mean like on the stuff about American women and the decaying broken American culture. I don't care to read any if his material on how to bang, only that part doesn't interest me.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

He's a cockroach.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

steve55 wrote:
Well, I think roosh is as good as any site out there. His articles are so spot on. Everything he writes I'm nodding my head in total agreement. I'm mean like on the stuff about American women and the decaying broken American culture. I don't care to read any if his material on how to bang, only that part doesn't interest me.
I agree with this.

A good boy gone bad, scorned and dateless too long, now unable to accept love when he finds it. Sad.

But his insights are spot on.

His stories of travels (dont recall the link) are fun to read, and give some insight into dating abroad. Fairly good writer.

His Return of Kings blog, including guest writers, is eloquent, describing how a man needs to live his life amid the smoking rubble of culture in America. Rivaled only by Roissy's Chateau Heartiste.

Roosh's FORUM, however, focuses only on SNL's (same night lays) with easy women, no interest for me.

drealm wrote:
He's a cockroach.
:lol:

So tell us what you REALLY think, drealm!!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 2nd, 2020, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Ghost wrote:He's a bullshitter. That's the simplest way to put it. He is the PUA equivalent of the "get rich quick (or at all)" scheme. Spout some bullshit and keep repeating it, and then hordes of desperate guys will come and fund your lifestyle. On that point, it is his dumb followers that are at fault. He's just slaughtering sheep to make money. The bigger the bullshit, the more people are drawn to it and will believe it.
It is interesting to ponder the ethics of bullshit. After all, most industries contain components of bullshit these days and in the absence of ways of getting money that contribute to society (or even much of a society to contribute to), bullshit might be considered a desirable way of redistributing wealth up the chain of intelligence. In Roosh's case it is just a shame he is encouraging antisocial behavior with his bullshit.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

pandabear wrote:Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roosh_V

And, a recent interview from The Daily Dot:
http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/roosh ... -misogyny/
By now you might have noticed every time Roosh, his ideas or even a specific slice thereof, are given some attention on a piece of online media that is remotely mainstream, the interviewer's angle and 95% of the commentary are overwhelmingly negative. This guy cultivates and promotes a paranoid, misogynist and extreme view of society and gender dynamics and the "reality" he talks about actually is far removed from the one most of us get to experiment everyday.

I don't consider myself too mainstream (although I have been accused to be), yet I can't be farther apart from Roosh and everything he and his crew stand for. Can the entire world besides followers of RoK, RVF and a few people in here, be all wrong?

There's a simple principle which, though simplistic it might sound, if often works: if it walks like a duck, smell like a duck and quacks like a duck...it is probably a duck. And every time I read Roosh, I smell BS.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Public, I thought the interview that PandaBear linked to, Roosh was pretty fair. The only lie I saw was when he implied that he HAD NO CHOICE but to keep pursuing easy sex, because NOONE WOULD MARRY HIM. The guy has admitted that over the years he has met some fine woman he really liked, who wanted him. So he has grown addicted to novelty, or is childishly proving a point.

Other than that, though, he describes the world the way that many of us see it.

He does have guts to do so in the public arena.

(I am now wrestling with how public I am going to be in my webcasts, blogging, etc. It's not easy.)
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."