Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


When was Steve Hoca last seen?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

When was Steve Hoca last seen?

Postby FusionX20 » September 16th, 2014, 3:46 pm

The guy cracks me up when he goes off with his rhetoric, but he comes and goes frequently. I think the last time he was seen was in 2012, I think? I remember him making a video about George Sodini but I don't know about Elliot Rodger.
Last edited by FusionX20 on September 16th, 2014, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Been at the mercy of western society since childhood.
FusionX20
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 37
Joined: April 19th, 2014, 3:11 am
Location: NYC




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Re: When was Steve Hoca last seen?

Postby Banano » September 16th, 2014, 4:59 pm

FusionX20 wrote:The guy cracks me when he goes off with his rhetoric, but he comes and goes frequently. I think the last time he was seen was in 2012, I think? I remember him making a video about George Sodini but I don't know about Elliot Rodger.




Hoca is an interesting character but I suspect he has some kind of mental disorder, yes he comes and goes, lacks consistency.

I remember he went to Philippines to look for a girl
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: June 11th, 2011, 9:26 am

Re: When was Steve Hoca last seen?

Postby FusionX20 » September 16th, 2014, 11:08 pm

Banano wrote:
FusionX20 wrote:The guy cracks me when he goes off with his rhetoric, but he comes and goes frequently. I think the last time he was seen was in 2012, I think? I remember him making a video about George Sodini but I don't know about Elliot Rodger.




Hoca is an interesting character but I suspect he has some kind of mental disorder, yes he comes and goes, lacks consistency.

I remember he went to Philippines to look for a girl


I think Winston said he might have some type of Bipolar disorder. I'm just wondering why he hasn't been around for so long, especially after the Elliot Rodger situation. Bill Greyhouse and other members of TFL are still around. I wouldn't say this is all based on the TFL movement, but Winston knows him and talked about going to the Philippines, etc..
Been at the mercy of western society since childhood.
FusionX20
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 37
Joined: April 19th, 2014, 3:11 am
Location: NYC

Postby Winston » September 16th, 2014, 11:17 pm

I don't know what happened to him. He doesn't answer my emails or skype messages. I hope he's ok. You can check his YouTube channel though. Sometimes he posts new videos on there.
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 24778
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Re: When was Steve Hoca last seen?

Postby globe-trotter » September 21st, 2014, 9:34 am

FusionX20 wrote:The guy cracks me up when he goes off with his rhetoric, but he comes and goes frequently. I think the last time he was seen was in 2012, I think? I remember him making a video about George Sodini but I don't know about Elliot Rodger.


I hate to sound like I am taking the credit for this, but the last time Steve Hoca was seen or heard was about a year-and-a-half ago, when I got into an email exchange with him.
We were really hitting it off, and he told me he wanted to interview me. I even got a Skype account just for his interview. I gave him my Skype number & my cell number. He said he would call me soon, but I never heard from him again. He just vanished.

To this day, I often wonder if I had said something to him that turned him off or rubbed him the wrong way. Or perhaps he did some soul searching, and decided he had had enough of interviewing strangers? Or maybe he started getting paranoid, thinking that I was some CIA operative or something, and that scared him away permanently?....or maybe he's just ghosting? No one knows.

I often flirt with the idea of emailing him again, but I don't want to appear desperate, nor do I want to come off like I'm harassing him. Assuming he's alive, he would have gotten in touch with me by now if he really wanted to. No need for me to push it.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: April 10th, 2014, 5:17 pm

Postby Bane » September 21st, 2014, 3:17 pm

Edit: Globetrotter, I just read your post, and I think you and I have a similar story, LOL!

I got in touch with him back in the summer of '13. I was actually scheduled to be on his podcast to tell my story and thoughts on living in the Far East, but unfortunately an emergency came up a day before and I had to back out. I wanted to re-schedule, but he was very upset at me for breaking on a day's notice. I wrote a long letter of apology, explaining my reasons for having to cancel, and letting him know that I really wanted to do the podcast at a later time, but I never heard back from him after that.


I like Steve. I think his observations about society, dating, women, etc are spot on, and I think he's a reasonably intelligent man but he does come across as a little thin-skinned and whiny at times. Other than that, I think he's a good guy. I would love for him to come back, and I would still be interested in doing the podcast.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Bane
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 310
Joined: August 1st, 2011, 1:58 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Postby MarcosZeitola » September 21st, 2014, 3:35 pm

I hope he's still alive. Maybe he found a woman some place remote and settled there far away from society to live out his life in peace and solitude? I hope so, he did seem very fond of leaving the West and I doubt he enjoyed America very much nor fitted in very well. Wherever he is, I hope he's in a good place right now. He was a fascinating chap.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: May 31st, 2014, 8:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: When was Steve Hoca last seen?

Postby FusionX20 » September 21st, 2014, 5:56 pm

globe-trotter wrote:
FusionX20 wrote:The guy cracks me up when he goes off with his rhetoric, but he comes and goes frequently. I think the last time he was seen was in 2012, I think? I remember him making a video about George Sodini but I don't know about Elliot Rodger.


I hate to sound like I am taking the credit for this, but the last time Steve Hoca was seen or heard was about a year-and-a-half ago, when I got into an email exchange with him.
We were really hitting it off, and he told me he wanted to interview me. I even got a Skype account just for his interview. I gave him my Skype number & my cell number. He said he would call me soon, but I never heard from him again. He just vanished.

To this day, I often wonder if I had said something to him that turned him off or rubbed him the wrong way. Or perhaps he did some soul searching, and decided he had had enough of interviewing strangers? Or maybe he started getting paranoid, thinking that I was some CIA operative or something, and that scared him away permanently?....or maybe he's just ghosting? No one knows.

I often flirt with the idea of emailing him again, but I don't want to appear desperate, nor do I want to come off like I'm harassing him. Assuming he's alive, he would have gotten in touch with me by now if he really wanted to. No need for me to push it.


I now, remember he did make some videos in 2013, but that was up until then. I asked him if his videos and interviews were affecting his work, even left a voice message via skype but haven't heard back.

Winston says he has a youtube he uploads videos to? I'm wondering what's that because the only channel I found was one he hasn't logged into for 4 years. Anyway, I just hope someone can make another one of those interviews to talk about today's issues, whether it's TFL or social disconnection in America or whatever. I think it's definitely time for one in 2014.
Been at the mercy of western society since childhood.
FusionX20
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 37
Joined: April 19th, 2014, 3:11 am
Location: NYC

Postby globe-trotter » September 21st, 2014, 10:07 pm

Bane wrote:Edit: Globetrotter, I just read your post, and I think you and I have a similar story, LOL!

I got in touch with him back in the summer of '13. I was actually scheduled to be on his podcast to tell my story and thoughts on living in the Far East, but unfortunately an emergency came up a day before and I had to back out. I wanted to re-schedule, but he was very upset at me for breaking on a day's notice. I wrote a long letter of apology, explaining my reasons for having to cancel, and letting him know that I really wanted to do the podcast at a later time, but I never heard back from him after that.


I like Steve. I think his observations about society, dating, women, etc are spot on, and I think he's a reasonably intelligent man but he does come across as a little thin-skinned and whiny at times. Other than that, I think he's a good guy. I would love for him to come back, and I would still be interested in doing the podcast.


Wow, really? Well, at least it was you that backed out of the interview. In my case, I think I must have inadvertently said something wrong to him, so he shunned me.
It kind of hurts to be rejected by someone that I really like. There aren't too many people in this world that I would want to be friends with, so when I do find someone who's cool & whom I see eye-to-eye with, it sucks if the friendship doesn't work out.
Steve and I have very similar personalities. We even speak in a similar tone of voice! I felt that I had a lot of knowledge to impart to him (that he was very interested to know about) and vice-versa.
But you're right, Steve does come off as having a thinnish skin. This is where my similarity with him ends. I would have totally been understanding of your situation had I been in Steve's shoes, especially since you apologized to him with a long letter.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: April 10th, 2014, 5:17 pm

Postby globe-trotter » September 21st, 2014, 10:09 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:I hope he's still alive. Maybe he found a woman some place remote and settled there far away from society to live out his life in peace and solitude? I hope so, he did seem very fond of leaving the West and I doubt he enjoyed America very much nor fitted in very well. Wherever he is, I hope he's in a good place right now. He was a fascinating chap.


+1
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: April 10th, 2014, 5:17 pm

Re: When was Steve Hoca last seen?

Postby globe-trotter » September 21st, 2014, 10:19 pm

FusionX20 wrote:
globe-trotter wrote:
FusionX20 wrote:The guy cracks me up when he goes off with his rhetoric, but he comes and goes frequently. I think the last time he was seen was in 2012, I think? I remember him making a video about George Sodini but I don't know about Elliot Rodger.


I hate to sound like I am taking the credit for this, but the last time Steve Hoca was seen or heard was about a year-and-a-half ago, when I got into an email exchange with him.
We were really hitting it off, and he told me he wanted to interview me. I even got a Skype account just for his interview. I gave him my Skype number & my cell number. He said he would call me soon, but I never heard from him again. He just vanished.

To this day, I often wonder if I had said something to him that turned him off or rubbed him the wrong way. Or perhaps he did some soul searching, and decided he had had enough of interviewing strangers? Or maybe he started getting paranoid, thinking that I was some CIA operative or something, and that scared him away permanently?....or maybe he's just ghosting? No one knows.

I often flirt with the idea of emailing him again, but I don't want to appear desperate, nor do I want to come off like I'm harassing him. Assuming he's alive, he would have gotten in touch with me by now if he really wanted to. No need for me to push it.


I now, remember he did make some videos in 2013, but that was up until then. I asked him if his videos and interviews were affecting his work, even left a voice message via skype but haven't heard back.

Winston says he has a youtube he uploads videos to? I'm wondering what's that because the only channel I found was one he hasn't logged into for 4 years. Anyway, I just hope someone can make another one of those interviews to talk about today's issues, whether it's TFL or social disconnection in America or whatever. I think it's definitely time for one in 2014.


Yes, that is another possibility. He might have left his old YouTube channel up as a decoy, and opened another account & started all over again with new subscribers. I'm not sure why. I hate to think it was to get away from me. I am, by no means, a bad guy. Maybe a couple of things I said to him scared him away, but I wasn't trying to. I think I might have mistakenly given him the impression that I'm belligerent & violent & meanspirited, which I most certainly am not. He totally misunderstood me if that's what he thought.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: April 10th, 2014, 5:17 pm

Re: When was Steve Hoca last seen?

Postby Banano » September 22nd, 2014, 3:04 am

Yes, that is another possibility. He might have left his old YouTube channel up as a decoy, and opened another account & started all over again with new subscribers. I'm not sure why. I hate to think it was to get away from me. I am, by no means, a bad guy. Maybe a couple of things I said to him scared him away, but I wasn't trying to. I think I might have mistakenly given him the impression that I'm belligerent & violent & meanspirited, which I most certainly am not. He totally misunderstood me if that's what he thought.



I doubt it is because of you, could be many reasons, maybe it conflicts with his job, family or another possibility is that he got taken out by establishment, you have to remember this guy is radical and sure his views would piss off many people

I just wish he was more consistent with his interviews and contribution to manosphere
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: June 11th, 2011, 9:26 am

Re: When was Steve Hoca last seen?

Postby globe-trotter » September 22nd, 2014, 8:22 am

Banano wrote:Yes, that is another possibility. He might have left his old YouTube channel up as a decoy, and opened another account & started all over again with new subscribers. I'm not sure why. I hate to think it was to get away from me. I am, by no means, a bad guy. Maybe a couple of things I said to him scared him away, but I wasn't trying to. I think I might have mistakenly given him the impression that I'm belligerent & violent & meanspirited, which I most certainly am not. He totally misunderstood me if that's what he thought.



I doubt it is because of you, could be many reasons, maybe it conflicts with his job, family or another possibility is that he got taken out by establishment, you have to remember this guy is radical and sure his views would piss off many people

I just wish he was more consistent with his interviews and contribution to manosphere


....Or he might have just found a girlfriend, and now he wants nothing to do with us MGTOWs.
But then, again, no one really knows. Trying to speculate what happened to Steve Hoca is like trying to find Bobby Fischer after 1972.
globe-trotter
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: April 10th, 2014, 5:17 pm

Re: When was Steve Hoca last seen?

Postby MarcosZeitola » September 22nd, 2014, 9:40 am

globe-trotter wrote:
Banano wrote:Yes, that is another possibility. He might have left his old YouTube channel up as a decoy, and opened another account & started all over again with new subscribers. I'm not sure why. I hate to think it was to get away from me. I am, by no means, a bad guy. Maybe a couple of things I said to him scared him away, but I wasn't trying to. I think I might have mistakenly given him the impression that I'm belligerent & violent & meanspirited, which I most certainly am not. He totally misunderstood me if that's what he thought.



I doubt it is because of you, could be many reasons, maybe it conflicts with his job, family or another possibility is that he got taken out by establishment, you have to remember this guy is radical and sure his views would piss off many people

I just wish he was more consistent with his interviews and contribution to manosphere


....Or he might have just found a girlfriend, and now he wants nothing to do with us MGTOWs.
But then, again, no one really knows. Trying to speculate what happened to Steve Hoca is like trying to find Bobby Fischer after 1972.


A real man can Go His Own Way, away from other Men Going Their Own Way. Go where the road of life takes him, and find his little slice of happiness in today's rotten world. If this is what he did (and I suspect\hope he did) then I wish him all the best and I am sincerely happy for him.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: May 31st, 2014, 8:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: When was Steve Hoca last seen?

Postby Archangel_hawksnest » December 1st, 2014, 6:56 am

I now, remember he did make some videos in 2013, but that was up until then. I asked him if his videos and interviews were affecting his work, even left a voice message via skype but haven't heard back.>

Steve did a series of videos about MGTOW but he also did a video called "But I could lose my job" where Steve talks about talking about certain subjects can affect you job. Steve probably evaluated his situation a saw that posting videos on youtube was more trouble than its worth. He also made a video shortly before he removed his MGTOW videos where he sounded very disgusted with the whole mrm/mra community and said in the video he felt like talking all of his videos down and retiring from youtube. I can understand that considering Steve had been making dating scene/mrm/mgtow/tfl type videos for years and never really got any traction. look at the state of the mens rights, mgtow , tfl , incel, communities you will see they are all fractured and in disarray. MRM/MGTOW wants to ignore male loneliness as if it doesn't exist.
User avatar
Archangel_hawksnest
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 22
Joined: November 9th, 2014, 3:58 am

Next

Return to Questions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest