Considering going abroad...advice?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
FAD2015
Freshman Poster

Considering going abroad...advice?

Post by FAD2015 »

My background:

I am 29 years old. Currently , I have some money saved up (little over $150k), and have passive income stream, although it isn't nearly big enough to kick back and enjoy a comfortable retirement in the US. My day job is in finance IT project management, so I am somewhat geographically constrained, but I started off as a heads-down coder, which can be done anywhere.

I want to go abroad. All I really care about is working out, reading history books, and painting. Occasionally, sex is nice, too. Everyone in America is obsessed with the corporate rat race.

Now, one difference from the main thrust of this forum, I do not care about women. I am gay. However, I feel that people who post here understand why a cubicle suit and tie, 9 to 5 job is bullshit. Everyone in America is either a hick or a Jew...cultureless proles or grasping strivers.

However, I have NEVER been out of the country, so..my plan is to take a long vacation to Mexico and think seriously about going to live south of the border.

I am considering Mexico for several reasons:

Wherever I go, steroids need to be legal, as they are in Mexico. I am tired of having to sneak around and act like a criminal because I take some chemicals.

I have a very basic grasp of Spanish.

I cannot stand cold weather. I am currently living in the Northeast. Enough said!

There are phenotypically white Hispanics there -- I am only attracted to other whites.

My questions:

Does anyone have any other countries to suggest trying? I do not want to go to anywhere in Africa, and would only consider places in Asia that have a significant amount of Western (white) residents/tourists. Is there something I should 'look for down there'...some revelation...that will show me if I can be happy outside the US?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Considering going abroad...advice?

Post by droid »

Dude $150k can go a LONG way if you know how to do it.
I'm in a second-tier city in colombia, paying $260 for a high end flat , $2-$4 for meals, $3 for access to a kick ass olympic swimming pool etc.
If you keep a daily expenditure of $50 or less you can just kick back.

That's as far as finances go, but i don't know about your lifestyle.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Argentine or Brazil are countries to look into. Especially when you say you are only attracted to white ladies, I think Argentine might be what you're looking for since they got plenty of 'em around there. Latin America, overall, seems to be catered to your needs - warmer, cheaper, and a helluva lot easier to get illegal substances, whether it be drugs or steroids, and you say you want those.

Of course there are other places that have a good temperature as well as plenty of white girls, but they are less cheap; Southern Italy comes to mind, or Spain and Portugal, if you want to try out Europe. Your savings are pretty decent and will last you a long, long time if you play your cards right. It's certainly a lot more then mine, haha! I think you'll be fine.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Well I've just arrived in Spain. One of the first things I saw was 2 guys making out at the main train station, so you might like it here.

There's a lot of art history here, and I can't wait to go to the Miro museum.

I hated my office job - the money was good but as an empath I find the office environment is just too toxic for me now.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

I'd suggest Thailand. It is very gay friendly. Tons of ladyboys. I'd guess steroids are readily avaialbe because the have many people going there for Mixed Martial Arts training. Many go to Chang Mai. :D
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Are people still using steroids or what not? Doesn't that end up rotting your tissues?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

If your good in Spanish and only attracted to White men, then I wouldn't suggest going to Asia; I think you would do better in some Latin American countries instead.

Mexico sounds good, but have you thought about other Latin American countries such as Argentina or Chile? Asian countries aren't exactly gay--friendly places except for Thailand and possibly Hong Kong and the Philippines.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

The countries with the most white (or mostly white) people in Latin America are Argentina and Uruguay (which is like a small Argentina). Brazil also has a lot of white people, but you will have to learn Portuguese. The percentage of pure white people in Mexico is a lot lower than in places like Argentina (most Mexicans are mixed race mestizos).
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I don't get why someone would go overseas just to be around Western faggots. Sure the culture in the West is toxic, but surely if you lived around a lot of Western faggots, you would find that they had brought their toxic culture with them. Best to stay in the West.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

And yet another thread where the OP never comes back to say what he's going to do or even say 'thank you'