Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

I'm not sure where to post this question

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

I'm not sure where to post this question

Postby thomas » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:25 am

Maybe I should've introduced myself in the introduction section, but I really only have one question.

I'm Thomas and I have a girlfriend in Indonesia who I'm planning to go see in the coming months, but I read somewhere online that when I reach Indonesia I have to show the customs people at the airport that I have 1000 dollars before they'll agree to give me the visa-on-arrival that I need to enter the country. I guess it's to prove that I wont run out of money and get stuck there or something, but my girlfriend says it's not true and that all I need is a roundtrip ticket plus whatever money I need for food, bus/taxi money, and a hotel/hostel/whatever etc.

Can anybody here who has gone to Indonesia clear up for me this issue and question that I have? I don't have a whole lot of money so it's extremely important for me to find out what's true or not true about this.......

Thanks and I hope you guys enjoy your week and weekend etc.
thomas
Freshman Poster

Re: I'm not sure where to post this question

Postby drealm » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:32 am

I believe MrMan lives or works in Indonesia, or at least he's traveled there. He would be the best person to ask.
drealm
Junior Poster

Re: I'm not sure where to post this question

Postby OutWest » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:08 am

thomas wrote:Maybe I should've introduced myself in the introduction section, but I really only have one question.

I'm Thomas and I have a girlfriend in Indonesia who I'm planning to go see in the coming months, but I read somewhere online that when I reach Indonesia I have to show the customs people at the airport that I have 1000 dollars before they'll agree to give me the visa-on-arrival that I need to enter the country. I guess it's to prove that I wont run out of money and get stuck there or something, but my girlfriend says it's not true and that all I need is a roundtrip ticket plus whatever money I need for food, bus/taxi money, and a hotel/hostel/whatever etc.

Can anybody here who has gone to Indonesia clear up for me this issue and question that I have? I don't have a whole lot of money so it's extremely important for me to find out what's true or not true about this.......

Thanks and I hope you guys enjoy your week and weekend etc.

Seriously...what regs say is one thing...whatever they say. What really counts is common sense. I NEVER want to go any new destination without a couple of thousand in cash....(discreetly divided and stashed) and ready access to more via ATM. If you cannot do at least that, you are not ready to take on a financial venture that an overseas GF entails. If you want to bring her to the USA...you have to show adequate income. I would not want to be ANYWHERE out of my usual zones with only a few hundred dollars. Its plain foolish. I'm not trying to be mean....its just reality.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Return to Questions and Advice