For the non-Asian guys on this forum

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

For the non-Asian guys on this forum

Post by chanta76 »

Do you guys look down on Asian guys just because some of you get lucky with Asian women? I find that from my experience whenever I meet a non-Asian guy who does well with Asian women they automatic think ALL asian women want non-Asian guys and have this superior complex over Asian men and sometimes over Asian people. Sometimes they just look down on Asians and have this imperialistic mentality I mean it's annoying when I tell them that's not always the case but they come out arrogant to the point of being obnoxious and racist. I know there be posters that will either flame me or say something that rationalize their behavior.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: For the non-Asian guys on this forum

Post by Rock »

chanta76 wrote:Do you guys look down on Asian guys just because some of you get lucky with Asian women? I find that from my experience whenever I meet a non-Asian guy who does well with Asian women they automatic think ALL asian women want non-Asian guys and have this superior complex over Asian men and sometimes over Asian people. Sometimes they just look down on Asians and have this imperialistic mentality I mean it's annoying when I tell them that's not always the case but they come out arrogant to the point of being obnoxious and racist. I know there be posters that will either flame me or say something that rationalize their behavior.
When I first visited Taiwan, I might have subconsciously had a bit of this attitude. The women just seemed to outclass the men physically from my biased POV. I think a lot of it had to do with height and coolness. I was never the cool jock guy so in university when I was around a group of taller athletic types, I had the opposite feeling. It was very superficial and I kinda felt like I was in between the uber cool athletic white or black guys and the shorter and socially awkward NE Asian guys. But that was an immature POV which I believe I largely got over in time (judging guys that way).

Once I got into the business world (and bulk of my business experience has been in Asia), my perception of which guys had the highest value changed dramatically. Being tall was still a positive (and you will see a strong correlation between lifetime earnings and male height; China is very heightist and some other Asian countries have minimum heigh requirements in many jobs for both males and females). But the most valuable men were those who street smart in the business world and could earn big money, inspire teams, create things, or just make lots of things happen as a result. Of course there were also those who had it all due to being from rich connected families. But I had more respect and admiration for the former (self made types). The looks part of my perception equation came down to being attractively presentable, youthful, charismatic in some way, and/or taller than average. I no longer looked up the the exaggerated jock types. The coolness part morphed into being entertaining to Asian people (in their own language) and/or business savvy and street smart (which attracted female admiration in Asian context).

So I went from being brainwashed by western standards to being brainwashed by NE Asian standards. Most countries and cultures have strong biases of one sort or another which affects how they value individuals. One example which comes to my mind is Italy where I always got the vibe (again in the business world) that one is under great pressure to somehow look physically attractive and very fashionable to be taken seriously unless they already have made it big in another way (wealth, power, special skill, etc.). If you go in from scratch, your look needs to be sharp to get some credibility (am I wrong here Duende and Eurobrat?). And yes, I do agree that in some aspects, certain Asian countries have been/are/or are becoming white washed.

Anyway, since the time I realized the new Asian business world values had set in hard on me, I've really worked hard on myself to break free of all this and just concentrate on what resonates with me deep down personally.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

There are many alpha Asian guys In Barcelona, some immigrants, some on business/pleasure.

It's amazing how many stores and bars are run by Chinese now. They don't close in the afternoon like the locals, and they charge really competitive prices.

I went to a tapas restaurant tonight and sat opposite three definitely alpha Chinese guys. They had wallets full of credit cards, and were enjoying the good life on offer here.

I'm white and dated a lot of Asian women (especially in China). But the feeling I got was that I was only really dating "rejects", i.e. women with mental health issues, or who were considered ugly or who for some reason or other remained unmarried until their mid 30's. Well I'm quite all right with that as the quality of woman I was dating there was staggering.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

xiongmao wrote:There are many alpha Asian guys In Barcelona, some immigrants, some on business/pleasure.
There are many Alpha asians in general; people just don't have eyes for them. It's confirmation bias, you see what you want to see. You want to feel big and tall and superior? Then you look at the scrawny dateless guys, the ones living at home, the ones you compare positively to. It's all to easy to forget the athletes, the businessmen, the heirs. The big shots who slept with more women then we can count, even though so many of us are "gods" in Asia, in reality the real Gods in Asia, are Asian men.
xiongmao wrote:I'm white and dated a lot of Asian women (especially in China). But the feeling I got was that I was only really dating "rejects", i.e. women with mental health issues, or who were considered ugly or who for some reason or other remained unmarried until their mid 30's. Well I'm quite all right with that as the quality of woman I was dating there was staggering.
A woman past thirty who is unmarried is considered a leftover woman in many countries and cultures.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

I don't lump all Asians together like that for one thing, to do so is very ignorant, there are large differences between various Asian ethnic groups and countries.

And no I never looked down on Asian men just because some Asian girls liked me, that's more of a white Anglo thing to do.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

chanta76 wrote:Do you guys look down on Asian guys just because some of you get lucky with Asian women?
I know there be posters that will either flame me or say something that rationalize their behavior.
For me, a white man from Europe, open to all races, this is a strange and somehow ridiculous question.

What to answer? First of all I would like to ask you to specify the word 'Asian'. What is the meaning of 'Asian' for you?

Asian-American? An Asian living in Asia? For sure not every Asian man has the feeling that white men are looking down on him, for example here in Japan this is for sure not the case - and I never found any evidence that Japanese men living abroad develop such a feeling either.

I never heard something like that from Filipinos or from Indonesians regardless where they are living in this world.

It seems there is only a small group of Asian-Americans, mostly Chinese-US and Korean-US, who are complaining with arguments like 'white men are stealing our women' etc. - I never heard something like that for example from Japanese-Peruvians or Japanese-Brazilians.

I also wonder why these Asian-Americans are complaining only about the 'white man' but remain silent about their Asian sister.

I think all such talk is rather childish, there are plenty of Asian women in Asia, but only few white men like I myself.

There are of course plenty of white men in USA, but only few Asians. The number of white men in USA who are lucky with an Asian woman is very very small and only concentrated to some few areas mostly along the West Coast.

All in all it can be said, the number of couples white man/Asian woman is rather small worldwide, a few only compared to the huge number of people who prefer to date within their own race.

You can drive across USA for days with your car and you will not meet even one Asian woman. How can a white man in USA in such a place be lucky with an Asian woman if there is none?