Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


How to get REAL TRUE friends

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

How to get REAL TRUE friends

Postby Inter2002 » Mon May 04, 2015 5:47 pm

I don't know if anyone here has realized here that it's just not that men in America aren't able to find dates, but also MAKE TONS OF REAL TRUE FRIENDS as well. As a Hispanic American my dad was from Argentina, and said that people in Latin America spend most of the time outside in the street socializing and can easily find friends.
Last edited by Inter2002 on Mon May 04, 2015 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inter2002
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Tx, US







Re: How to get REAL TRUE friends

Postby Yohan » Mon May 04, 2015 6:10 pm

Western society is a lonely society, with everybody mistrusting everybody, especially between men and women, in USA also between the races.
Broken families everywhere. To find contact with reasonable people is not easy.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: How to get REAL TRUE friends

Postby Inter2002 » Mon May 04, 2015 7:18 pm

Yohan wrote:Western society is a lonely society, with everybody mistrusting everybody, especially between men and women, in USA also between the races.
Broken families everywhere. To find contact with reasonable people is not easy.

Do you know if that would be the case with Eastern Europe?
Inter2002
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Tx, US

Re: How to get REAL TRUE friends

Postby chibolo » Mon May 04, 2015 8:15 pm

Inter2002 wrote:I don't know if anyone here has realized here that it's just not that men in America aren't able to find dates, but also MAKE TONS OF REAL TRUE FRIENDS as well. As a Hispanic American my dad was from Argentina, and said that people in Latin America spend most of the time outside in the street socializing and can easily find friends.


Yeah that's true. People in Latin America hang out in the streets, playing "futbol" (soccer), drinking together, etc. People are much more social there.
chibolo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 am

Re: How to get REAL TRUE friends

Postby Ghost » Mon May 04, 2015 10:49 pm

There are really only three places in America where you can make friends: school, work, and church.

Having lived in the third world where it would be uncomfortable to stay inside all day, I saw how people were outside so often: playing, laughing, walking, relaxing, eating. It's hundreds of times more social than the first world where everyone is inside their houses glued to their phones.

The bigger issue perhaps is finding anyone worth being friends with. I have only a handful of examples in my own life, and all happened by chance. Actually, I count 4 real friends in my entire life.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: How to get REAL TRUE friends

Postby Inter2002 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:03 am

Ghost wrote:The bigger issue perhaps is finding anyone worth being friends with. I have only a handful of examples in my own life, and all happened by chance. Actually, I count 4 real friends in my entire life.

Do you mean by that taking place here in America?

Do you ever hear this very often in which "your real friends will be there for you no matter what even during tough times", whenever a person is going through a tough time that's when one realizes WHO THERE TRUE FRIENDS REALLY ARE. Unlike having tons of pseudo friends and whenever you need them they all just disappear.
Inter2002
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Tx, US

Re: How to get REAL TRUE friends

Postby Ghost » Tue May 05, 2015 8:42 am

Inter2002 wrote:
Ghost wrote:The bigger issue perhaps is finding anyone worth being friends with. I have only a handful of examples in my own life, and all happened by chance. Actually, I count 4 real friends in my entire life.

Do you mean by that taking place here in America?

Do you ever hear this very often in which "your real friends will be there for you no matter what even during tough times", whenever a person is going through a tough time that's when one realizes WHO THERE TRUE FRIENDS REALLY ARE. Unlike having tons of pseudo friends and whenever you need them they all just disappear.


Yes, in America, but anywhere really. Making friends abroad is really hard as well, since there are natural barriers to that. Making male friends anyway. Finding good male friends is virtually impossible, and I've never found one when I'm trying. It just happens via circumstance. Abroad, you have to be careful about making friends with strangers because you have to make sure you aren't being used.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: How to get REAL TRUE friends

Postby QuestionMark » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:04 am

And all this time I thought it was just me.

You know, now that you mention it, many of my real friends in the past were from other cultures. People in the west are so ingenuine, selfish, fake, shallow, and backstabbing. There have been people here who I started out as friends with, then later on they betrayed me somehow.

Americans can't handle deep conversations about things that matter in life. People are impatient and have short attention spans to the point that they're very particular about who they talk to and listen to. The first problem is people don't like to listen, or they only listen to those they consider to be cool and attractive. If you're someone who's real and deep, they label you as boring.
QuestionMark
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:03 am

Re: How to get REAL TRUE friends

Postby fschmidt » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:13 pm

How do you define "true friends"? While Argentines are much more sociable than Americans are, they are both completely untrustworthy.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Re: How to get REAL TRUE friends

Postby Inter2002 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:18 pm

fschmidt wrote:How do you define "true friends"? While Argentines are much more sociable than Americans are, they are both completely untrustworthy.

Well did you have that experience with Argentines who live in the big cities especially in the capital who are completely untrustworthy? As for me Argentines are friendlier in who live in the provinces instead of the capital.
Inter2002
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:07 pm
Location: Tx, US


Return to Questions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest