Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

How easily can Filipinas work abroad?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

How easily can Filipinas work abroad?

Postby Hero » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:00 am

I have a Filipina friend who's getting a degree in teaching and wants to work abroad when she graduates. Which countries are the most likely to let her in? I'm worried that she'll move to a country where she'll get corrupted and/or stolen away by a younger guy. On the other hand, it would be quite hard for her to get into the USA, Australia, Canada or an EU country (I think). So I wonder if my worries about her are justified.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Re: How easily can Filipinas work abroad?

Postby Zambales » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:31 am

Depends on what she's teaching.

If she wants to teach English for example she shouldn't have much of a problem finding work abroad especially if she's got a degree. Japan, China and South Korea would be the best places to look as the number of people wanting to learn English is enormous.
Zambales
Junior Poster

Postby Cornfed » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:39 am

Zambales wrote:Depends on what she's teaching.

If she wants to teach English for example she shouldn't have much of a problem finding work abroad especially if she's got a degree. Japan, China and South Korea would be the best places to look as the number of people wanting to learn English is enormous.

They can't legally get visas to teach English in those places, but of course many do anyway.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Hero » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:09 pm

She wants to be an elementary school teacher. She'd be teaching all subjects.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby Ghost » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:56 pm

If she's educated and not scum she'll most likely get hired abroad somewhere. That said, it's much more likely to be Thailand or Singapore or elsewhere in Asia rather than an anglophone country.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Hero » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:29 pm

Ghost wrote:If she's educated and not scum she'll most likely get hired abroad somewhere. That said, it's much more likely to be Thailand or Singapore or elsewhere in Asia rather than an anglophone country.

Will she get spoiled in one of those Asian countries?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby Ghost » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:32 am

Hero wrote:
Ghost wrote:If she's educated and not scum she'll most likely get hired abroad somewhere. That said, it's much more likely to be Thailand or Singapore or elsewhere in Asia rather than an anglophone country.

Will she get spoiled in one of those Asian countries?

I doubt it. I don't think any of those other Asian countries have misandrist societies, so she'll still be outside feminist cultures.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Traveler » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:07 pm

I taught English with several Filipinos in Vietnam. They had university degrees and spoke English like Americans- much better than the average Filipino you'll encounter if you travel to the Philippines. The pay is about $15 USD an hour. China might be an option too. In Korea she wouldn't be able to get a visa to teach English. In Korea only people from the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, or New Zealand can qualify for such a visa.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Return to Questions and Advice