Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Vietnam vs Philippines?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Vietnam vs Philippines?

Postby Forerunner » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:53 am

I am going to Bangkok soon, then afterword would like to go to Hanoi or Manila.My stats I am 24 years old, white guy from California. On this forum many people say the Philippines is the best place to go with a great amount of women for men of every age. However I never hear anything about Vietnam, but from what I understand its more conservative culture compared to other countries because it was under communism/socialism for a while. I would never just go to a country for women, but any insight on the women there would be greatly appreciated and a compare and contrast between thee two countries would be great.
Forerunner
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:53 am
Location: USA







Re: Vietnam vs Philippines?

Postby Traveler » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:13 pm

So Hanoi v. Manila....

I've been to both cities. I definitely felt safer in Hanoi and thought the city was better for sightseeing. As for the women, I think this blog post has some excellent advice:
http://singlemansparadise.com/how-to-pick-up-women-in-vietnam/

I found it easy to meet women when I was in Ho Chi Minh City. I didn't try to meet women in Hanoi. People in the northern part of Vietnam tend to be more pro-communist and conservative compared to the rest of the country. People in the southern part of Vietnam have a reputation for being more laid back and friendly towards western visitors. You can join a dating website and see what cities the women are located in.
Traveler
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:23 am

Re: Vietnam vs Philippines?

Postby droid » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:29 am

1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2460
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: Vietnam vs Philippines?

Postby pete98146 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:48 pm

Forerunner wrote:I am going to Bangkok soon, then afterword would like to go to Hanoi or Manila.My stats I am 24 years old, white guy from California. On this forum many people say the Philippines is the best place to go with a great amount of women for men of every age. However I never hear anything about Vietnam, but from what I understand its more conservative culture compared to other countries because it was under communism/socialism for a while. I would never just go to a country for women, but any insight on the women there would be greatly appreciated and a compare and contrast between thee two countries would be great.


I've been to both countries. One of the biggest differences that you'll notice is the level of attention that you'll receive from the general populace. When you walk around Philippines, a good looking western guy can be viewed as a rock star. People WILL look at you and notice you. I got lot's of "hey Joe" greetings from strangers in Manila. Accordingly you don't need much of an ice breaker to go talk to the local cuties. They are very easy to talk to and many will be quite receptive. A 24 year old western guy in Manila? Should be like fishing with dynamite!

Compare and contrast with Vietnam. First off, I find the women from Vietnam STUNNING! They are so pretty, slender and feminine. However, I felt like I could have walked down the street naked and nobody would have noticed me. MUCH different from Philippines. The main reason for this is very few Vietnamese speak the language, this and it's not a country that is obsessed with "everything American." I got a lot of shy looks and giggles and that's about the extent of it.

Funny story. I went to the War Museum in HCM and afterwards went across the street for lunch. Naturally the place that I chose had no pictures of the food on the menu so it took me 20 minutes of talking to communicate what I wanted to eat. The communication barrier will be an issue. Not saying it can't be done, but you'll have more hurdles in Vietnam. Lastly, Vietnam tends to be a country in which they prefer their own (much like India).

Good luck man! Keep us posted on your trip.
User avatar
pete98146
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Re: Vietnam vs Philippines?

Postby davewe » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:58 pm

pete98146 wrote:
Forerunner wrote:I am going to Bangkok soon, then afterword would like to go to Hanoi or Manila.My stats I am 24 years old, white guy from California. On this forum many people say the Philippines is the best place to go with a great amount of women for men of every age. However I never hear anything about Vietnam, but from what I understand its more conservative culture compared to other countries because it was under communism/socialism for a while. I would never just go to a country for women, but any insight on the women there would be greatly appreciated and a compare and contrast between thee two countries would be great.


I've been to both countries. One of the biggest differences that you'll notice is the level of attention that you'll receive from the general populace. When you walk around Philippines, a good looking western guy can be viewed as a rock star. People WILL look at you and notice you. I got lot's of "hey Joe" greetings from strangers in Manila. Accordingly you don't need much of an ice breaker to go talk to the local cuties. They are very easy to talk to and many will be quite receptive. A 24 year old western guy in Manila? Should be like fishing with dynamite!

Compare and contrast with Vietnam. First off, I find the women from Vietnam STUNNING! They are so pretty, slender and feminine. However, I felt like I could have walked down the street naked and nobody would have noticed me. MUCH different from Philippines. The main reason for this is very few Vietnamese speak the language, this and it's not a country that is obsessed with "everything American." I got a lot of shy looks and giggles and that's about the extent of it.

Funny story. I went to the War Museum in HCM and afterwards went across the street for lunch. Naturally the place that I chose had no pictures of the food on the menu so it took me 20 minutes of talking to communicate what I wanted to eat. The communication barrier will be an issue. Not saying it can't be done, but you'll have more hurdles in Vietnam. Lastly, Vietnam tends to be a country in which they prefer their own (much like India).

Good luck man! Keep us posted on your trip.


I had the same experience as Pete. I really liked Vietnam and thought there were many beautiful women there. The food was fantastic.

But most people spoke no English - none - nada. You couldn't even get in a cab and tell the driver the name of your hotel. And as Pete mentioned, ordering in a restaurant meant pointing to a picture and hoping. Fortunately the food was so uniformly good that even not knowing what I was eating didn't matter.

I like the place and hope to go back someday. But the language issue is difficult.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Re: Vietnam vs Philippines?

Postby droid » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:18 pm

I found a great Vietnamese course online, and it's free:

http://www.123vietnamese.com/

I've spent a few hours on it, and found this language is eeeaasssy guys, at least to get yourself understood for basic things, no weird conjugations or auxiliary words.

Toi la droid, toi muon noi tieng viet haha!
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2460
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: Vietnam vs Philippines?

Postby pete98146 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:57 pm

droid wrote:I found a great Vietnamese course online, and it's free:

http://www.123vietnamese.com/

I've spent a few hours on it, and found this language is eeeaasssy guys, at least to get yourself understood for basic things, no weird conjugations or auxiliary words.

Toi la droid, toi muon noi tieng viet haha!


There you go Droid! I know a ton of Vietnamese. While geographically located in SE Asia, I find they have more Northern Asian traits. They tend to have lighter skin than the Thais, Cambodians and Filipinos. They have quite a bit of Chinese blood which makes them smart as a whip, hard working and very business like.

When I visited there, we took a day trip down to the Mekong River Delta. It was fun to experience their countryside and it's always cool to see how folks live outside of the touristy zones. What struck me is how entrepreneurial they are! Seeming every small country house has something for sale in front, be it tires, gas, noodle stands etc. They are NOT lazy people that's for sure.

It's a question that you have to ask yourself. They don't strike me as very romantic, lovey dovey folk (think opposite of Philippines). But maybe that works well for some of you guys!
User avatar
pete98146
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Re: Vietnam vs Philippines?

Postby Traveler » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:18 pm

Here's a video with a lot of street scenes of Hanoi. The food looks good. The guy in the video says his teaching job pays $20 per hour and he only needs $15 to cover his daily living expenses.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RGQ7wWf71I[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RGQ7wWf71I
Traveler
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:23 am

Re: Vietnam vs Philippines?

Postby Lorenzo » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:54 pm

Vietnam ladies have a lot going for them - beauty, work ethic, loyalty.

They are similar to Thai with Buddhist culture but more serious and hard working and as Pete said, very entrepreneurial. I was returning from Thailand on a LAX flight and the guy sitting next to me from Florida had just married a viet girl in Dalat. He was introduced to her by her uncle in the USA. She was a stunner and 26 years old, the guy was 48 yo. It can be done but yes you need to study the language first and stay in country to show you are serious, or at least have a connection to set you up. The government requires you to have a minimum documented stay in Vietnam to get a marriage license. Thailand is way easier, and they don't call it "Bangkok" for nothing LOL.
Lorenzo
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:53 am

Re: Vietnam vs Philippines?

Postby pete98146 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:31 pm

It's also worth noting that Vietnam is Anthony Bourdain's favorite country in the world which speaks volumes.
User avatar
pete98146
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Re: Vietnam vs Philippines?

Postby droid » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:20 am

Traveler wrote:Here's a video with a lot of street scenes of Hanoi. The food looks good. The guy in the video says his teaching job pays $20 per hour and he only needs $15 to cover his daily living expenses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RGQ7wWf71I


That food looks delicious. I wish he had shown some girls though.

pete98146 wrote:It's also worth noting that Vietnam is Anthony Bourdain's favorite country in the world which speaks volumes.


I think that only means the booze is good :lol:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2460
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: Vietnam vs Philippines?

Postby Ghost » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:59 pm

Traveler wrote:Here's a video with a lot of street scenes of Hanoi. The food looks good. The guy in the video says his teaching job pays $20 per hour and he only needs $15 to cover his daily living expenses.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RGQ7wWf71I[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RGQ7wWf71I


I had no idea the market for EFL there was still this good. I wonder if some teachers out there have been spreading misinformation in order to protect "paradise" from getting spoiled. My heart is drawing me towards SEA for longer term. Even just a few miles north in China, life and cities aren't so great. I'm needing a change soon. Vietnam looks very appealing.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Vietnam vs Philippines?

Postby droid » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:05 pm

I'm looking at prices in Vietnam and it seems pretty darn cheap, one can live like a king!

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Vietnam&displayCurrency=USD

Hotels seem pretty inexpesive too. this one is $15 a night and it's not too bad:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/vn/hoang-anh-tp-ho-chi-minh1.html?sid=3766e889061ae577743a1420c3684d7e;dcid=4;checkin=2015-10-06;checkout=2015-10-16;dist=0;from_sav=1;group_adults=1;group_children=0;no_rooms=1;sb_price_type=total;srfid=5b281f3a404ab0e3e1efc68746929b7c4d6f56deX50;type=total;ucfs=1&

And apartments as well. This one is like $250 and it's furnished, i'm sure once on the ground one can find a better deal:

https://vietnam.craigslist.org/apa/5205229150.html

I can't wait!
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2460
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: Vietnam vs Philippines?

Postby Adama » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:31 pm

The only factors you should consider are how confident you are, and how determined you are.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Vietnam vs Philippines?

Postby xiongmao » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:45 pm

Vietnam will be pretty cheap, but just remember the annoyances that drove me mad in Southern China will be there, namely rain, heat & humidity, mosquitos, poor hygiene and crazy locals.

I would prefer Vietnam over the Phillies though, and it might be my next destination.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2542
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: London

Next

Return to Questions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest