How do you guys stay sane?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How do you guys stay sane?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Evidently, most people here DON'T stay sane.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

MarcosZeitola wrote:Evidently, most people here DON'T stay sane.

How are those ideas for a harem going? Mr. sane man.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Wait a minute. I've been away from this forum for a while. You're saying Marcos is now talking about having mistresses in addition to his wife? Please point to those threads.
wanderlust
Freshman Poster

Post by wanderlust »

To me it's a matter of balance, and here are some vital ingredients:

- financial solvency and future
- good health
- keeping stress low

Sometimes it seems the sane people in the world are under siege - bombarded by unsavory media and advertisements, obnoxious music, unrelenting stream of ominous changes making the news. At those times the best defense can be just withdrawing and tuning those influences out. A lot of people (men I think) have noted that online dating is a stress trigger (any surprise there? :roll: ).

Healthy relationships of any kind, romantic or not, are known to lower stress. Exercise, sleep and healthy diet are known to be more effective against mild depression than prescriptions. Spend time in the sunlight, go to a natural setting. Recently it made the news that seeing trees relieves stress, and the more trees, the greater the relief. Sounds strange but it was supported by a study (sorry, don't have a link to post).

A healthy diet can improve things. Cook your food from ingredients and you'll cut out the additives, dyes, preservatives and a fair amount of sugar.

Taking up a constructive hobby that involves actually using one's hands can be helpful - carpentry, auto repair, cooking. In other words, NOT facebook, video gaming, gore movies, reality TV.

Last idea I'll mention is using one's mind. Learning new things through reading for example. I recall reading that occupations such as science and engineering had lower rates of Alzheimers, so that can literally help you stay sane. Find a subject to study and read about that feel connected with.

Planning for the long term rather than searching for quick fixes tends to produce sustained improvement.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

+1 to Wanderlust's point about learning new things. My grandmother had Alzheimers, and it's a really distressing condition. It's been proven that nuns should have major problems with Alzheimers, but because they are constantly learning, they rarely show symptoms.

Learning a new language is a good project, especially one completely different to your native tongue. I just did my Chinese HSK2 test so that was good brain training, plus it's a huge talking point on my resume.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.