Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.

Which option would you choose?

Package A
50%
Package B
50%

Total votes: 10
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 18th, 2018, 6:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
xtravel
Freshman Poster

Re: Which would you choose?

Post by xtravel »

Ghost wrote:Two options for HAers:

Package A:
You get $300,000 cash. Tax-free, to use however you like.

Package B:
You get native-level fluency in the language of your choice.
You get a guaranteed job in any foreign country of your choice. You'll only make $20,000 per year at this job, but you are guaranteed to like it and won't be fired. You'll of course like your boss and coworkers and have benefits such as health insurance.
You get 3 contacts/friends from your target country who you absolutely know you can trust, and who will help you with such things as networking, business, dating, housing, etc.

Choose one. Why did you make the choice you did?
Stock market returns a historical average of 6%, so $20K > $18K, and that is a win. Of course you have to give up 40 hours a week of your time for it. But then there are health insurance benefits. Fluency in a language means either greater personal satisfaction or business opportunity, or both.These things alone move me to Package B, albeit in a country where $20K per year goes a long way.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

I'd take the money......

Just in case the four of us are in a car crash together and I'm the only survivor. :wink:
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Package A. With money the women will come anyway. And if I blow a lot of it on women, who cares? i didn't work for it.

Package B is chump change. A small % of what I earn now and I will have to meet women who will probably try and take what little I have

Return to “Questions and Advice”