Winston's Trilemma - What to do? Where to go?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Winston's Trilemma - What to do? Where to go?

Post by Winston »

Great video by Hans Wilhelm, German author and spiritual teacher, who explains why you should listen to your soul. (and not arrogant know it alls like Publicduende). Obviously Mr. Wilhelm is far wiser than Publicduende and gives far better advice too.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Probably one of the most important things that a person should never do, is to tell another person what they truly want to do with their lives deep down in their soul (with few exceptions).

I would never expect anyone to agree with anything I want in my life, unless it is someone very close, like a "soul mate", or possibly children or a spouse.

I wouldn't expect another person, who is unattached to me, to understand what my soul desires. Also, I wouldn't expect another person to ever agree with me.

In reality, I don't give weight to another person's opinions about what I should be doing with my life. Speaking about such things only creates problems. I am on my path, not theirs, and each man has his own.

Now another important thing that people should be very careful of doing, is giving heed to the opinions of what others think they should be doing. Taking the wrong advice can derail a person from his life's goal or mission.

I've learned not to tell people what I want or what I plan to do. Just so nobody can tell me that it is impossible, or otherwise try to discourage me.

Keep your heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life. Keep and guard your heart above all that you guard.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

gsjackson wrote:
August 6th, 2018, 8:34 am
About public duende's position, I would note one thing. He seems to be taking the position that being in Davao instead of Manila made all the difference in his inability to find the sort of woman he was looking for, causing him frustration in that regard for two years. Geography, in his estimation, has made all the difference. But he is willing to generalize about all of Europe, making no distinction between different countries and regions.

Winston, I have no idea about how you will fare in Europe, but yeah, you make the decision, roll with it, and don't go looking for confirmation from anybody else.
It did indeed all the difference. 2.5 years of Davao gave me nothing. The first, or one of the first Manila girls I met - in Davao, actually - turned out the good one for me. Consider that the Davao vs Manila argument is not just one of geography, but of socio-cultural divide. It is a known (and sad) fact that all the smarter people, including those from Davao, move to Manila. The smartest move abroad ;)

I am not generalising about all Europe. I am generalising across the entire world. Globalisation is rampant mate, young women are the same thing and want the same things.

If Winston had clarified earlier that he is happy to roam around old cities, have the occasional chat with fellow tourists, invite the odd random girl for coffee to groom his ego and bang hoes when the urge is high, which is basically what he's already doing in AC, only more cheaply, then my advice would have surely been less radical and final.

The whole diatribe is basically about me pissing on his newly-found parade, another delusion to believe in, the fact that Europe will give him what Angeles couldn't give him. Maybe in terms of cultural life, yes, in terms of social life, he'll be scraping the bottom and begging. Which isn't good, at least in my book.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Neo wrote:
August 6th, 2018, 10:43 am
Probably one of the most important things that a person should never do, is to tell another person what they truly want to do with their lives deep down in their soul (with few exceptions).

I would never expect anyone to agree with anything I want in my life, unless it is someone very close, like a "soul mate", or possibly children or a spouse.

I wouldn't expect another person, who is unattached to me, to understand what my soul desires. Also, I wouldn't expect another person to ever agree with me.

In reality, I don't give weight to another person's opinions about what I should be doing with my life. Speaking about such things only creates problems. I am on my path, not theirs, and each man has his own.

Now another important thing that people should be very careful of doing, is giving heed to the opinions of what others think they should be doing. Taking the wrong advice can derail a person from his life's goal or mission.

I've learned not to tell people what I want or what I plan to do. Just so nobody can tell me that it is impossible, or otherwise try to discourage me.

Keep your heart with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life. Keep and guard your heart above all that you guard.
It's bulls*it Neo. Winston can afford to guard his heart because he's got his mom & pop guarding his wallet. If one doesn't have such luxuries, they will have to reason more pragmatically. Like, you know, a job, fewer but more meaningful interactions, a single quality, stable relationship rather than dozens of stupid flings or transactions, and so on.

Or this, at least, is what one needs to tend to. Remaining a Peter Pan for too long can keep the romantic dream alive and sooth the heart, but it will spell disaster for all the other moments when the mind is awake and we need to act, in the real world, no matter how resembling the Matrix it is.

Heart is important, but so is mind and eyes.
Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji »

publicduende wrote:
August 6th, 2018, 11:09 am
Neo wrote:
August 6th, 2018, 10:43 am

It's bulls*it Neo. Winston can afford to guard his heart because he's got his mom & pop guarding his wallet. If one doesn't have such luxuries, they will have to reason more pragmatically. Like, you know, a job, fewer but more meaningful interactions, a single quality, stable relationship rather than dozens of stupid flings or transactions, and so on.

Or this, at least, is what one needs to tend to. Remaining a Peter Pan for too long can keep the romantic dream alive and sooth the heart, but it will spell disaster for all the other moments when the mind is awake and we need to act, in the real world, no matter how resembling the Matrix it is.

Heart is important, but so is mind and eyes.
I find it amusing that you would threaten to ban me over saying essentially the same thing about Winston. Winston is an idiot, but I can at least somewhat respect his conviction. You, on the other hand, seem to be a real p*ssy.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
August 6th, 2018, 7:29 am
Especially when I have the money to move to anywhere I want?
Assuming you want to get married, do you have the money to outbid the government for women in Europe?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Last edited by momopi on August 21st, 2018, 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Winston's Trilemma - What should he do? Where to go?

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:
August 5th, 2016, 11:24 pm
Johnny1975 wrote:Go for a chinese filipina, or try to find a very short european girl.

Also...

https://www.bugarrishoes.com/?languageID=en
http://www.tallmenshoes.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stilts
I would love to buy those tall men's shoes online. However, the problem is that you gotta try on shoes before you buy them. Some shoes, if the shape doesn't fit your foot, will hurt your toes and can't be worn. There's no way to know how comfortable they are without trying them on. You can't do that online. Furthermore, shoes like clothes, may look great from afar but not necessarily great on you. You know what I mean? Some shoes and clothes look great on the shelf or on the rack, but not so great when you try them on. They don't fit your look. So it's too much of a risk to buy shoes or clothes online.

How do you find stores in real life that have tall men's shoes? Is there a web directory of them?
Measure your foot length and width (AA-EEEE?). Refer to size charts online for reference. Contact the shoe retailer with your size and discuss which shoes would fit best and their return policy. If there are no local retailers you may need to mail order several and return the ones you don’t want. People do this with Zappos all the time — they have a one year return policy (yes, you have 12 months to return for refund, but the shoe needs to be in new/unused condition).

There will be additional costs for shipping and customs/duties. Since most of us don’t live in TW or PH it’s up to you to find local resellers, if any. Alternatively you could order height boosting shoe inserts and take it to local shoe stores to find shoes that fit with it. Be aware that the change in weight distribution to your foot may cause problems or injuries if you walk a lot.

If you combine small gains from shoes with heel, shoe insert, and hair style, you could gain 2”-3” in appearance without looking awkward.