Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

anyone here divorce ? with kidds or no kids

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

anyone here divorce ? with kidds or no kids

Postby chanta76 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:17 pm

Hello,

Curious to know how many posters here were married and now divorce ? How was that like? do you have kids? who has custody?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: anyone here divorce ? with kidds or no kids

Postby starchild5 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:55 am

Im safe,but know a lot of people divorce, with kids and miserable :shock: :shock:
starchild5
Experienced Poster

Postby davewe » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:19 pm

I think you can assume that most guys by a certain age are divorced. I have 2 kids: college and HS.
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby gnosis » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:48 pm

starchild5 wrote:Im safe,but know a lot of people divorce, with kids and miserable :shock: :shock:

Even in India?
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Postby chanta76 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:54 pm

davewe,

I'm just guessing. Guys who got divorce might feel bitter from their failed marriage and this may explain why they might go overseas for a second chance.

But what about the kids? I'm married right now and thinking of having a kid. I realize if my marriage goes south it's best not to have a kid. Just go our separate ways but with a kid it' complicates matters. I know I am overthinking things but my wife is from overseas. I asked her if our marriage failed and we have a child what would be the option. She would take our kid back to her native country which is South Korea in this case. I don't know. I don't know if I be good father but if I did make a baby I would want to know how the child come out and would want some input.

So for the guys who had kids and are divorce. Did the exwife take it all? and you couldn't see your kids?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby davewe » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:48 pm

chanta76 wrote:davewe,

I'm just guessing. Guys who got divorce might feel bitter from their failed marriage and this may explain why they might go overseas for a second chance.

But what about the kids? I'm married right now and thinking of having a kid. I realize if my marriage goes south it's best not to have a kid. Just go our separate ways but with a kid it' complicates matters. I know I am overthinking things but my wife is from overseas. I asked her if our marriage failed and we have a child what would be the option. She would take our kid back to her native country which is South Korea in this case. I don't know. I don't know if I be good father but if I did make a baby I would want to know how the child come out and would want some input.

So for the guys who had kids and are divorce. Did the exwife take it all? and you couldn't see your kids?

There is often a "bitter phase" but ultimately I got out of that (mostly). I don't think you can have a healthy relationship again while still dominated by bitterness. But I would agree that the experience of marriage in the West can be a motivation for looking elsewhere.

As for kids and ex, well the stories run the gamut. I had my kids 50%, so that worked out. Did she get it all? No. I got the bills :)
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:58 pm

The divorce rate in the US for second marriages is 60%. For third marriages, it's 70%.

If your first marriage doesn't work out, any subsequent marriage will probably not work out either.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Zambales » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:11 pm

jamesbond wrote:The divorce rate in the US for second marriages is 60%. For third marriages, it's 70%.

If your first marriage doesn't work out, any subsequent marriage will probably not work out either.

Which roughly equates to these people being either a)No good in relationships b)Stupid :mrgreen:
Zambales
Junior Poster

Return to Questions and Advice