Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Staying in Thailand or moving on?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Staying in Thailand or moving on?

Postby Falcon » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:42 am

I really don't have any reason to go back to the US except to make extra bucks.
In the US, I have no house, no car, no debts, no mortgages, nothing in the US, except for bank accounts. There's nothing to go back to.

I only have 2 close family members in the US, my father and younger brother. Not that close to them to be honest, and neither am I that close to the rest of my relatives in Taiwan who can be quite nagging and critical.

My friends are mostly in Asia now.

My high school and college classmates have all scattered across the country after graduation, and my family moved to a new city just last year.

On the other hand, most Thais and Filipinos have villages to go back to. Their home village will always be their home, and their extended family and childhood friends will always be there for them. Most of us HA'ers probably don't have this.
I just told my GF that I simply don't have this kind of a home community. I was born in Silicon Valley, USA, where people move around all the time, and relationships ultimately turn out to be quite shallow and brief. And my parents were born in Taipei, which is another large, workaholic city itself. They didn't make lasting childhood friends in Taipei either, since they were pushed to study, study, study and not have any social life at all.

Guhji wrote:Falcon, you were bullied as a kid? Did you also have a hard time scoring dates? How have Asian American women treated you?

I thought the younger generation of Asian guys had it better than my generation. Maybe I thought wrong.

Yes. American kids often come from families with problems.

I can easily make friends with Asian-American women on a platonic level, but have never been able to get intimate with one. There's little discrimination against Asian Americans in California nowadays since they often make up the majority in many areas. I had a very hard time scoring dates in the US when I was in high school and college (15-22). But every time I step outside the US, scoring dates would never be as hard as pulling teeth.

But in Asia it's the opposite. Many girls are attracted to me, and my previous GF's in Asia were all cautious about me becoming a playboy.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Postby Falcon » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:49 am

You guys should also check out the Gallup Global Well-being Index.

http://www.gallup.com/175196/gallup-healthways-index-methodology.aspx

It's based on these 5 things.
1. sense of purpose
2. social relationships
3. financial security
4. relationship to community
5. physical health

As you can see, money is just 1 of 5 things.

In Thailand, I have all 5, with financial security probably less than what you'd have in the US.
1, 2, and 4 (all related to mental well-being) are obviously lacking in the US.

Gallup's results show that the happiest countries in the world are actually in Latin America.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/175694/country-varies-greatly-worldwide.aspx

And guess what the high-scoring country in East and SE Asia is? Myanmar. And it's the poorest country too.

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Postby The_Adventurer » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:30 am

Notice how as soon as you get to the financial category you get a completely different set of countries on a completely different continent.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby Jonny Law » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:16 am

chanta76 wrote:JohnnyLaw,

Correct me if I'm wrong than why are you in THailand?

I do live in Thailand.

I live in Issan and work as an English teacher.
Jonny Law
Junior Poster

Postby chanta76 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:50 pm

Jonny Law wrote:Dear Sackler-

2. Why the ever loving God do you have an older girlfriend? You are in f***ing Thailand. Keep her as a sidepiece
"

1. Thailand is even more materialistic than American.
Younger women expect you to take care of them (expect you to pay $$ for them). Basically it is almost impossible to tell the difference between a normal Thai girl and a Thai prostitute.
Older Thai women are more likely to help pay for things on their own and take less of your money.

2. Older girlfriends are less Lesbian and less Feminist than younger Thai girls.

Thailand is great if you:
1. Are a faggot and/or Like ladyboys
2. Are an Asian lesbian
3. Love to whore monger for over priced whores who are not that great

There is hope. Thailand borders Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia. The women there are more traditional and decent.

Issan is one of the poorest part of THailand where most of the bar girls come from. Unless time changes with Issan not much out there. So do you check off 3 on the list?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby Falcon » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:01 am

chanta76 wrote:Issan is one of the poorest part of THailand where most of the bar girls come from. Unless time changes with Issan not much out there. So do you check off 3 on the list?

Actually, most of the prostitutes serving Asian clients in Bangkok come from northern Thailand. They're notorious for their gold-digging tendencies as well, if not worse. The ones serving white (Western) clients are mostly from the northeast.

And Thais really aren't that poor. They'll always be way better off than their neighboring countries to the east and west. Isan is actually doing OK now, since poverty levels have dropped drastically in that area.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Postby chanta76 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:01 am

Falcon,

I guess times changed since i last visited thailand. Most of the bar girls i saw were from issan.

Is there a difference between northern vs nothern east thai?

If your a farang in thailand the assumption is your rich and ever thai tries to rip you off. Thats why i hated thailand. I visted way back in 2000. Im korean and at time the thais thought i was chinese thai or japanese but once i told them im from america they thought i was mixed in any case thais just love money but maybe thats just what the outsider experience.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby Jonny Law » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:38 pm

I am in Thailand. I work as an English teacher in Issan.

If you have want any advice or want to let me know anything FEEL FREE BRO :)
Jonny Law
Junior Poster

Postby chanta76 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:57 pm

Well Jonny you seem to be the type that wants to monger ..correct me if I' wrong. Would an ESL teacher income in Issan afford that life style? I once visited Issan but this was way back in 2000. English was hardly used and everything was really under develop compared to the city.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby yick » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:02 am

Jonny Law wrote:

I am in Thailand. I work as an English teacher in Issan.

If you have want any advice or want to let me know anything FEEL FREE BRO :)

Yeah, I am interested in your day to day living in Issan - renting a place, your job, can you afford everything you need on the salary. I would be interested to know about your life outside women for sure. :D
yick
Freshman Poster

Postby Falcon » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:35 am

Chanta, northern Thailand is the polar opposite of NE Thailand in many ways. People are much more reserved, and their looks are much more NE Asian. It's a totally different culture.

Keep in mind that Lanna (Northern Thailand) and Lanxang (Isan and Laos) only became part of Siam (Thailand) recently, within the past 200 years or so. This is comparable to the annexation of Xinjiang and Tibet.

chanta76 wrote:Well Jonny you seem to be the type that wants to monger ..correct me if I' wrong. Would an ESL teacher income in Issan afford that life style? I once visited Issan but this was way back in 2000. English was hardly used and everything was really under develop compared to the city.

You don't want them to speak too much English, because in Isan those that speak a little too much English and aren't in education or government, have probably had experience ripping off Farangs.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Postby Jonny Law » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:36 pm

chanta76 wrote:
Jonny Law wrote:Dear Sackler-

2. Why the ever loving God do you have an older girlfriend? You are in f***ing Thailand. Keep her as a sidepiece
"

1. Thailand is even more materialistic than American.
Younger women expect you to take care of them (expect you to pay $$ for them). Basically it is almost impossible to tell the difference between a normal Thai girl and a Thai prostitute.
Older Thai women are more likely to help pay for things on their own and take less of your money.

2. Older girlfriends are less Lesbian and less Feminist than younger Thai girls.

Thailand is great if you:
1. Are a faggot and/or Like ladyboys
2. Are an Asian lesbian
3. Love to whore monger for over priced whores who are not that great

There is hope. Thailand borders Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia. The women there are more traditional and decent.

Issan is one of the poorest part of THailand where most of the bar girls come from. Unless time changes with Issan not much out there. So do you check off 3 on the list?

BULLSHIT

I live in Issan. The decent chicks from Isaan move to Bangkok and Pattaya. The bitches that remain are shit.

Got Bangkok for decent Issan chicks. I live here I know.
Jonny Law
Junior Poster

Postby chanta76 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:18 pm

falcon,

Did time changes since 2000? Most of the bar girls I saw at Nana plaza or Soi Cowboy were either from Issan or chang mai not sure if it changed since than. Maybe it did. Back in 2000 I did travel around Isan and it look dirt poor to me maybe the location I was going at..no one spoke english.

Johnny law,

Curious what happened to you in your previous life you seem mad all the time judging from your post. Speaking of which if you do monger how do you afford that with an ESL salary in Thailand. I heard stories of ESL teachers from South Korea or Japan that would go to THailand to party it up since they can afford it.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Postby Jonny Law » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:32 pm

chanta76 wrote:falcon,

Did time changes since 2000? Most of the bar girls I saw at Nana plaza or Soi Cowboy were either from Issan or chang mai not sure if it changed since than. Maybe it did. Back in 2000 I did travel around Isaan and it look dirt poor to me maybe the location I was going at..no one spoke English.

Johnny law,

Curious what happened to you in your previous life you seem mad all the time judging from your post. Speaking of which if you do monger how do you afford that with an ESL salary in Thailand. I heard stories of ESL teachers from South Korea or Japan that would go to Thailand to party it up since they can afford it.

"previous life you seem mad all the time judging from your post."
f**k you right in the f***ing NOSE! As you can see be my previous posts!
1. I am just like you. Vomiting rainbows and politically correct double-speak. I shit MAGIC SUNSHINE BITCH!

"monger how do you afford that with an ESL salary in Thailand?"

2. NO! Regular Thai girls f**k me. But the regular girl in Thailand might as well be prostitutes.
Anyways, the reason I can afford things here is because... The cost of living is a lot lower JACKASS!

"Did time changes since 2000? "
3.YES! I can see in the last 5 years things have changed. I work in Issan as an English teacher. The grade 6 class of 500 students have 0 (mixed white-thai). Many of the Kindergarten kids are mixed (white-asian). So in that time there has been a lot of f***ing between Issan whores and westerners.

Most of the bar girls I saw at Nana plaza or Soi Cowboy were either from Issan or chang mai
The place I live in Issan has shit for women. They are f***ing worthless. They are happy f***ing their cousins and hating you. The decent girls I meet in Thialnd have been in Bangkok and Chang Mai.
-The Difference-
You visited Thailand. I live in Thailand.
Last edited by Jonny Law on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonny Law
Junior Poster

Postby chanta76 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:22 pm

jony law,

you on drugs? being serious?
So regular girls f**k you? I guess that means there are no decent girls in THailand?

You wrote down 0 percentage for mixed kids in Isan area? now its like what 20% mixed.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Questions and Advice