Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

How is Airbnb?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

How is Airbnb?

Postby Wolfeye » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:04 am

Hey, everyone. Going to be heading off in the next few months (hopefully) & was wondering about Airbnd. How do I get a place through that & how do I tell if it's a good one? I'm a grown man & while I'm not huge, I think I look less "touristy" than the average white guy (more "Wolverine" than "Richie Cunningham"), so I don't think someone's going to be as likely to screw with me- still, I would like to know about potential pitfalls or tricks to doing it better. Anyone have anything that they'd be willing to share?
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Re: How is Airbnb?

Postby gsjackson » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:36 am

Don't rent from anybody who doesn't have several positive reviews. I rented from two who had no reviews at all -- total jackasses.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Re: How is Airbnb?

Postby Wolfeye » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:17 am

Thanks. So they were just dicks to be around? I'm just wondering a little bit on the documentation. If they rent to someone, is it something they've got to notify about? I don't mean to come off paranoid, but I don't know much about any of these things & wonder about fights/lies/etc... . American life can have that kind of effect, I'm noticing.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Return to Questions and Advice