How is Airbnb?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

How is Airbnb?

Post by Wolfeye »

Hey, everyone. Going to be heading off in the next few months (hopefully) & was wondering about Airbnd. How do I get a place through that & how do I tell if it's a good one? I'm a grown man & while I'm not huge, I think I look less "touristy" than the average white guy (more "Wolverine" than "Richie Cunningham"), so I don't think someone's going to be as likely to screw with me- still, I would like to know about potential pitfalls or tricks to doing it better. Anyone have anything that they'd be willing to share?
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How is Airbnb?

Post by gsjackson »

Don't rent from anybody who doesn't have several positive reviews. I rented from two who had no reviews at all -- total jackasses.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Re: How is Airbnb?

Post by Wolfeye »

Thanks. So they were just dicks to be around? I'm just wondering a little bit on the documentation. If they rent to someone, is it something they've got to notify about? I don't mean to come off paranoid, but I don't know much about any of these things & wonder about fights/lies/etc... . American life can have that kind of effect, I'm noticing.