Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Re: Stay in Mexico or just skip Latin America and move on?

Post by MattHanson1990 »

chanta76 wrote:Matt,

I get you. I think in modern times it's just getting harder period. It's disappointing to hear that Mexico isn't working out for you or the rest of South America isn't that great. It's coming to point where even in the international scene will someday be limited.
Don't get me wrong. I have been able to get dates in Mexico, unlike in the U.S. of Gay where my dating life was always zero. Like anywhere else you go, I got mixed results, ranging from a desperately poor single mother who wanted to marry me the first day we met to a more educated girl who wanted to show me around other places in the country. And just recently, I rekindled things with the indomestiza gal, and last night we began holding hands. She didn't exactly try to take advantage of me like I thought. The day I wrote about that, it was just a misunderstanding between me and her. I still consider her a keeper because she doesn't go out to bars and nightclubs, she's introverted, and doesn't have Facebook or any social media.

To change topic, Mexico is night and day from the USA and Canada regarding the way of life, culture, and customs. But Mexico is not in South America; it's in North America. Then you have Central America (Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama). Once you're in Colombia south of the Panama border, that's when you're in South America.

In other words, you're mistaking South America with Latin America.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
chanta76 wrote:Matt,

I get you. I think in modern times it's just getting harder period. It's disappointing to hear that Mexico isn't working out for you or the rest of South America isn't that great. It's coming to point where even in the international scene will someday be limited.
Don't get me wrong. I have been able to get dates in Mexico, unlike in the U.S. of Gay where my dating life was always zero. Like anywhere else you go, I got mixed results, ranging from a desperately poor single mother who wanted to marry me the first day we met to a more educated girl who wanted to show me around other places in the country. And just recently, I rekindled things with the indomestiza gal, and last night we began holding hands. She didn't exactly try to take advantage of me like I thought. The day I wrote about that, it was just a misunderstanding between me and her. I still consider her a keeper because she doesn't go out to bars and nightclubs, she's introverted, and doesn't have Facebook or any social media.

To change topic, Mexico is night and day from the USA and Canada regarding the way of life, culture, and customs. But Mexico is not in South America; it's in North America. Then you have Central America (Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama). Once you're in Colombia south of the Panama border, that's when you're in South America.

In other words, you're mistaking South America with Latin America.
A actually, Panama is south America in part but it seems to be not quite settled... lol
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

Hero wrote:
CannedHam wrote:
I spend a decent amount of time in Santiago (the company I work for has their South American headquarters there.)

I really am not a fan of Chilean women for the following reasons:
  • Way in your face and intrusive (metiche)
  • Not very attractive
  • Belong to some 'extreme' group (e.g. are super left-wing feminazis, or are religious zealots, or are super attached and devoted to parents, and so on - not much in the middle of the spectrum.)
On top of that, many areas in Chile are really expensive by South American standards, it's a super long and expensive flight to get down there, the food is meh, and the Spanish is very difficult to understand and pick up.

Peru is pretty much the only place in South America where I've had luck (although it's definitely not perfect.) I'm not married, but if I had to go out and find someone, I'd first look there.
Do you have any experience with Argentina?
Not too much. I've taken a few quick three or four-day trips to Buenos Aires but never spent a considerable amount of time there.

Argentina in general seems to have a slightly better reputation overall for dating, and the women I saw there were very attractive and pleasant enough. I'd probably choose it over Chile, but I actually prefer Peru to both.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Hero wrote:
Zambales wrote:and working out in the gym won't do your chances any harm, although Pinays aren't as picky about a guys body as they are in the west.
Boy, you can say that again. One of my Pinay gfs was always bitching about my beer gut, but that didn't stop her from f***ing the sh** out of me. Another one of my Pinay gfs made fun of my big breasts, but she still couldn't keep her hands off of me :D

That said: I did eventually lose the weight. Even if your appearance doesn't matter, your health does.
Yup. Western women will see physical imperfections as detrimental whereas Pinays are cool and will just make a joke about it. 8)
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

I'm also considering Russia more nowadays since Trump and Putin are getting along fine. So hopefully this should mean that Russia ought to make it easier for Americans to enter the country. But my main reason for choosing Russia over Mexico is because most Russian men go into dating limbo, and I doubt Russian women would have a lot of male friends.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

I worked in Argentina about 15 years ago. Gorgeous women every where. No fat ones. Very wrll dressed and stylish in a good way. And white. Not like mixed race Brazil. My impression is that they are very Catholic and old school so it is difficult to pull in without serious intentions, despite them exposing lots of flesh. The argie men also don't easily introduce you to them. Or maybe because the argie men knew I was married so knew I wouldn't be interested.

On the whole, if you can break in and spend the time on it, and speat Spanish, they are definitely worth while.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Kradmelder wrote:
July 3rd, 2023, 12:53 am
I worked in Argentina about 15 years ago. Gorgeous women every where. No fat ones. Very wrll dressed and stylish in a good way. And white. Not like mixed race Brazil. My impression is that they are very Catholic and old school so it is difficult to pull in without serious intentions, despite them exposing lots of flesh. The argie men also don't easily introduce you to them. Or maybe because the argie men knew I was married so knew I wouldn't be interested.

On the whole, if you can break in and spend the time on it, and speat Spanish, they are definitely worth while.
Where is your motorcycle, I don't think it is you. I think they killed you long ago.
Time to Hide!

Return to “Questions and Advice”