Should your gallbladder ever be removed?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Should your gallbladder ever be removed?

Post by Winston »

HouseMD,
Im not asking you any questions from the internet. Sheesh. Did you even read my questions? Can you at least answer the first two for now?

1. Why are my dads doctors so overly eager to remove his gallbladder? I thought they only remove that if you are having gallstone pains. Usually only people with gallstone pains have that kind of surgery right?

2. Isnt it speculative to remove a gallbladder just because of what *might* happen if you dont? Thats like a preemptive strike, like the Iraq war, which any smart person knows was foolish and wrong and driven by money and power and control, not by justice or safety. Do they have any rational proof or just pure speculation and fearmongering?

Btw i cant google some of my questions. Because if i google "why cant doctors heal the gallbladder", nothing comes up that addresses that question.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Winston wrote:HouseMD,
Im not asking you any questions from the internet. Sheesh. Did you even read my questions? Can you at least answer the first two for now?

1. Why are my dads doctors so overly eager to remove his gallbladder? I thought they only remove that if you are having gallstone pains. Usually only people with gallstone pains have that kind of surgery right?

2. Isnt it speculative to remove a gallbladder just because of what *might* happen if you dont? Thats like a preemptive strike, like the Iraq war, which any smart person knows was foolish and wrong and driven by money and power and control, not by justice or safety. Do they have any rational proof or just pure speculation and fearmongering?

Btw i cant google some of my questions. Because if i google "why cant doctors heal the gallbladder", nothing comes up that addresses that question.
I already told you, it is statistics. If all of the current people with gall bladder disease in China have their gall bladders removed, it saves literally hundreds of thousands of lives over a period of decades. There is a large amount of research that was done on optimal timing of cholecystectomy, and after numerous studies were done, it was found that the best outcomes for patients that had ever been symptomatic was removal, even if they were not currently having symptoms. Google "Timing of cholecystectomy for acute calculous cholecystitis: a meta-analysis" for a composite study. Patients receiving earlier intervention had lower mortality, morbidity, and shorter hospital stays than conservatively managed patients in every study that has been conducted in the last 25 years. Since the advent of laparoscopy, mortality rates are zero at most hospitals.

As to "isn't it just speculative," we conduct extensive studies to determine what the natural course of diseases are when compared with the interventional course. The natural course of cholelithiasis almost always progresses to cholecystitis, and if a person has had pain from the condition in the past, it is almost 100% likely they will have issues again, and there is a substantial chance that calculous cholecystitis complicated by ascending cholangitis will result, which is an often deadly condition with substantial hospital recovery time. On a long enough time scale, a blockage becomes almost a certainty.

But math, logic, science, and anything else to do with basic reason fails to penetrate your schizotypal pattern of thought, so I generally don't bother responding to you because it's quite literally a waste of my time. Go do whatever the hell you want. Give your dad whatever magic seeds or beans or plants you're getting scammed with this week if that's your choice. I don't care.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thanks for the responses HouseMD. Remember these are honest serious humble questions. I'm not trying to debate you with them. Just want some answers that Google wasn't able to provide. Google doesn't explain why doctors can't simply repair or heal diseased gallbladders. It appears no other sites in Google index address my questions.

Also you used a lot of words that I don't know and will have to look up. You mentioned "it's about statistics". But don't you know that statistics are easy to manipulate, especially by those with an agenda? You know how the tobacco industry manipulated statistics to prove that smoking doesn't cause lung cancer right? So how can you bank on statistics that are so easy to manipulate?

So people die from gallbladder disease? How can that be if it's a vestigial organ and not vital?

Ok here are my next two questions that I could not find on Google.

3. Why cant doctors or scientists fix or repair or heal the gallbladder if its infected? My dads doctors say his gallbladder is inflammed and infected and enlarged, almost touching his intestines, which poses the danger of infecting the intestines too. Why cant they use a needle to squirt antibacterial fluids or antibiotics directly onto the gallbladder to disinfect it? I mean, we can send a man to the moon, but we cant heal or disinfect a little infected gallbladder? Go figure.

4. Why cant the body's immune system and its white blood cells heal the gallbladder? Isnt it programmed to heal all infections?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Winston wrote:Thanks for the responses HouseMD. Remember these are honest serious humble questions. I'm not trying to debate you with them. Just want some answers that Google wasn't able to provide. Google doesn't explain why doctors can't simply repair or heal diseased gallbladders. It appears no other sites in Google index address my questions.

Also you used a lot of words that I don't know and will have to look up. You mentioned "it's about statistics". But don't you know that statistics are easy to manipulate, especially by those with an agenda? You know how the tobacco industry manipulated statistics to prove that smoking doesn't cause lung cancer right? So how can you bank on statistics that are so easy to manipulate?

So people die from gallbladder disease? How can that be if it's a vestigial organ and not vital?

3. Why cant doctors or scientists fix or repair or heal the gallbladder if its infected? My dads doctors say his gallbladder is inflammed and infected and enlarged, almost touching his intestines, which poses the danger of infecting the intestines too. Why cant they use a needle to squirt antibacterial fluids or antibiotics directly onto the gallbladder to disinfect it? I mean, we can send a man to the moon, but we cant heal or disinfect a little infected gallbladder? Go figure.

4. Why cant the body's immune system and its white blood cells heal the gallbladder? Isnt it programmed to heal all infections?
I already answered the first question. The peritoneal infection and sepsis risk is incredibly high when a gallbladder is already infected. Putting a hole in the damn thing without removing it provides an exit for any of that crap to get into the abdomen and kill you. Furthermore, once infected, the gallbladder rapidly develops necrotic areas that can never be healed and are prone to perforation due to their compromised nature. Necrosis is an irreversible process- the cells are dead, their DNA is obliterated, and the only thing the body can do only one thing to repair, and that is to destroy the tissue and replace it with scar tissue that is typically about 70% as strong as the original material but completely functionless. As to statistics being easy to manipulate, this is not a soft study. This is a hard study with simple outcomes- death and hospital readmissions. Those are objective, not subjective, measures.

As to why the body can't heal the gallbladder, it is because it is a very fragile organ with a very easy to compromise blood supply. As it distends, the blood vessels are choked off, as they are not flexible like the tissue of the gallbladder and end up compressing under the stress. This causes lack of oxygen, cell death, and tissue necrosis. Necrosis is an irrecoverable process once it occurs, as there is no nuclear material remaining in the cells from which to replicate. Immune cells clear dead debris and fight infection, but they cannot restore dead tissue- that requires stem cells within the tissue itself, which die in the process of necrosis.
alfredo
Freshman Poster

Post by alfredo »

Could ROCK please let me know who and how to contact the Dr and place where he said he went to get the gallbladder sparing surgery done.. I am in Canada and do not speak Chinese and am looking for good Dr to get a large gallstone removed but save the gallbladder. In Canada only option is to remove GallBladder.. Thanks in advance..
alfredo
Freshman Poster

Post by alfredo »

There are tests to show whether the state of health that the gallbladder is in.. Ultrasound to determine its evacuating abiltity and wall thickness etc.. These tests of the gallbladder's health status is used to determine the suitability for gallbladder sparing surgery to remove gallstones.. Unfortunately, the only place that is interested in preserving the gallbladder is China where it is almost universally carried out.. Unfortunately I am not Chinese or know the language so it almost impossible for me to know who to contact to be able to have such an operation.. I have a silent 2.7 cm calcified stone that was discovered on a CT scan.. I want to have it removed while it is silent and I am asymtomatic except for bloating after meals so that I can enable my liver and gallbladder to function as intended and not worry about potential symptoms in the future and/or gallbladder cancer due to continued irritation of the lining of the gallbladder by the calcified stone.. I likely got the stone from missing breakfasts and fasting often to lose weight.. I wish ROCK would post details of who and how to contact the good Drs in Donguan as well as how much it cost him. I am seriously looking into travelling to China from Canada to have this revolutionary gallbladder sparing surgery to remove gallstone.. Cheers all..
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

alfredo wrote:Could ROCK please let me know who and how to contact the Dr and place where he said he went to get the gallbladder sparing surgery done.. I am in Canada and do not speak Chinese and am looking for good Dr to get a large gallstone removed but save the gallbladder. In Canada only option is to remove GallBladder.. Thanks in advance..
He doesn't post here anymore. But I'm sure he checks his PM box. Just PM him for the information. His username is Rock. I'll try to send this post to him.

alfredo
Freshman Poster

Post by alfredo »

Hi Winston..
The website won't allow me to PM Rock. I'd greatly appreciate if you could do this on my behalf..Thanks.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

alfredo wrote:Hi Winston..
The website won't allow me to PM Rock. I'd greatly appreciate if you could do this on my behalf..Thanks.
It will if you make three posts. You just need one more post and then the forum will allow you to PM others. :)

alfredo
Freshman Poster

Post by alfredo »

Ok Thanks
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
January 30th, 2017, 11:08 am
I would drop the hocus pocus type remedies all over the internet from consideration. I had gallstones which caused painful attacks several times over the course of many years. The attacks got more frequent with time. Glad Taiwan ER visits are so cheap. None of those remedies seemed to have any effect on my stones. I had 18 large ones by the way.

Then I found a hospital online in Dongguan China which specializes in removing gallstones while leaving the organ intact for those patients whose gallbladders are still functioning well in spite of stones. I went there for a thorough diagnosis and was told I was a good candidate for the surgery. I had it done the next week. That was well over 2 years ago. I returned late last year for a follow-up and ultrasound showed none of the stones had returned. Moreover, my gallbladder function was completely in normal range.

I had separate ultrasound done in Taiwan and they confirmed the diagnosis I got in Dongguan.

Since after my surgery, I've so far never had any gallbladder pain. BTW, that hospital is coincidentally within walking distance of where zboy works.

Winston, if your dad is not suffering from gallstones or gallbladder pain and the function is normal, what is the specific doctor's rationale in Chiayi for recommending he have it removed?
Just to let you know Rock, my dad explained it in more detail later. He said that his diseased gallbladder was no longer functioning and the infection from it had spread to other organs, which is probably why he had the liver abscess. That's why they had to remove it, because it was essentially a dead non-functioning organ that was spreading infection (and pus maybe) to other organs around it. His gallbladder surgery was complicated, so it couldn't have been done the simple way by laparoscopic surgery (keyhole surgery). He had to undergo open surgery, because they had to clean up the infections around the gallbladder too.

Btw Rock. Regarding those gallbladder flushes and natural remedies that you say didn't work for you, keep something in mind. Such remedies do work for some it seems. We can't paint a broad brush and say that all the testimonials for them must be 100 percent false because the medical establishment doesn't endorse them. Testimonials that are real and neutral do constitute valid evidence in a court of law and in clinical trials of new drugs too (especially if they are psychiatric drugs or antidepressants). Even if a gallbladder flush remedy for example only works for 5 or 10 percent of people, that means i could be in that 5 or 10 percent too. Who knows. Its possible. Because everyones physiology is different. So just because something didnt work for you doesnt mean it wont work for 100 percent of everyone right? You know what I mean? Even if they only worked for a small percentage of people, that's still better than zero, it's a glimmer of hope at least. You can't assume that what goes for you goes for 100 percent of everyone.

You know that Mike Adams who runs NaturalNews.com? He for example never uses any allopathic medicine at all. He only uses naturopathic medicine, holistic remedies and natural cures. Yet he looks very fit and healthy if see him on video. So it must all work for him. His body is probably very different from yours Rock.

So you see, if these natural remedies (including gallbladder flushes) has worked for some then theres a chance it could work for me right? It's not zero if its worked for a few others before. Right? So you can't generalize natural remedies as being either 100 percent or 0 percent. Right? Everyones body and physiology responds differently to the same stuff.

Im just looking at all possibilities. Nothing should be ruled out. Nonsense BS to you could be a life saver to others. Like I said, everyone's body is different. Mike Adams body is different from yours it seems, so all that "BS" may work for a guy like him. Thus it's a logical fallacy to assume that your body represents everyone's. Everyone's body is different so everyone will get different results. Same goes for food, culture, medicine, drugs, women, religion, etc.

I will try all possibilities I can for sure. All I'm saying is, don't rule anything out. Even prayer has worked for some people, especially mass prayer.

If God put something there for a reason you should try your best to save it. Not give in to what a surgeon says.

For example, how do you know these testimonials below are all fake? What if they're real and true?

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Christopher-s- ... -Caps/6359
This is an herb that really does get rid of gallstones.
Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 30, 2019
Years ago I had gallstones and they were very painful. I went to the hospital and they suggested that I have my gallbladder removed. I did not want to have the surgery and searched on the internet for some kine of cure and found Dr. Christopher's product. I placed an order and when the product arrived, I took a few pills and all the pain went away. This is why I recommend this wonderful product. About 5 years later, the hospital found that I had one stone but it s no problem. So, I just ordered the product again and I know this medicine will get rid of that stone. I am thankful that I did not have surgery and very grateful for this product. It is very comforting to know that some medicines really do work!!!
https://www.iherb.com/pr/Natural-Factor ... sules/2587
Liv-Gall Cleanse
Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 29, 2008
Very good product. I was diagnois to have my gall bladder out 3 years ago. Decided to change my diet use this product. And I still have my original gall bladder. :) I buy all my products from IHERB the one stop shop with affortable prices . A senior on a very tight budget.
https://www.iherb.com/pr/Whole-World-Bo ... 8-ml/16441
Dissolves gallstones well!
Posted by iHerb Customer on June 28 2020| Verified Purchase

I had a gallbladder full of stones. Took Royal break-stone 2 droppers twice a day for 6 weeks alongside Artemisia & Rhubarb Chinese medicine and my stones are gone. Yay!
Not sure how true those testimonials are, but if they are true, then that means there's a chance, however small it may be, which is better than zero. Even if such natural remedies or supplements only work for a small percentage of gallbladder sufferers, and not the majority, that's still better than nothing, it's still a glimmer of hope.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gsjackson wrote:
January 24th, 2017, 7:04 pm
I'm told that any time they get someone (i.e., cash cow with insurance) in the hospital with internal problems of indeterminate origin, they want to take out the gall bladder. Must be the most expensive procedure they can get away with without severe and immediate side effects.

Three months ago I went into the hospital with pancreatitis. There wasn't the slightest doubt in my mind that the cause was having taken more prescription drugs in the previous six weeks than I had in the rest of my life combined, owing to knee replacement surgery -- opiates, etc.

But the side effects of prescription drugs is the 800 pound gorilla on the dining room table that doctors aren't allowed to look at. So a ditzy blonde "hospitalist" and Arab surgeon teamed up on me while I was hooked up to an IV to get me to let them take out my gall bladder. The blonde showed me a picture of something circular with lots of dots in it, clearly implying it was an x-ray of my gall bladder with multiple gall stones in it. Meanwhile the Arab played the bad cop and told me about all his patients who died from pancreatitis. Told me I needed to "think on a higher level" (I was obviously reluctant to have one highly invasive procedure just six weeks after another).

Long story shorter, the next day they decide maybe it isn't the gall bladder, and are off chasing some other theory. I check out of the hospital "against medical advice," go see my GP a few days later, he looks over the hospital records and informs me to my great surprise that neither the ultrasound x-ray or an MRI showed any gall stones at all.

Dodged a bullet getting out of that hospital intact. Anyway, a long way of saying I agree, Winston, that the gall bladder probably has some purpose, and anyone should be very leery when they're told while vulnerable in the hospital that it needs too be removed.
Wow @gsjackson so doctors have colluded to deliberately lie to you about your gallbladder? Geez. Where was this? In a foreign country or the US? If this happened in the US you can sue them for conspiracy and deceit. I thought doctors just say whatever they are programmed to say. I didn't know they would knowingly lie. For what? Profit from surgeries? Most doctors are rich so why would they need to resort to lying like a low scumbag? I hate it when they use fear to try to get you to do the surgery. That's sick. They seem overly eager about this kind of surgery. That is a red flag.

Can you see gallstones in an ultrasound or x-ray? Are they visible? They told me I had stones but had no pictures of it from my x-ray or ultrasound or CT scan.

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:
August 2nd, 2020, 10:31 am
gsjackson wrote:
January 24th, 2017, 7:04 pm
I'm told that any time they get someone (i.e., cash cow with insurance) in the hospital with internal problems of indeterminate origin, they want to take out the gall bladder. Must be the most expensive procedure they can get away with without severe and immediate side effects.

Three months ago I went into the hospital with pancreatitis. There wasn't the slightest doubt in my mind that the cause was having taken more prescription drugs in the previous six weeks than I had in the rest of my life combined, owing to knee replacement surgery -- opiates, etc.

But the side effects of prescription drugs is the 800 pound gorilla on the dining room table that doctors aren't allowed to look at. So a ditzy blonde "hospitalist" and Arab surgeon teamed up on me while I was hooked up to an IV to get me to let them take out my gall bladder. The blonde showed me a picture of something circular with lots of dots in it, clearly implying it was an x-ray of my gall bladder with multiple gall stones in it. Meanwhile the Arab played the bad cop and told me about all his patients who died from pancreatitis. Told me I needed to "think on a higher level" (I was obviously reluctant to have one highly invasive procedure just six weeks after another).

Long story shorter, the next day they decide maybe it isn't the gall bladder, and are off chasing some other theory. I check out of the hospital "against medical advice," go see my GP a few days later, he looks over the hospital records and informs me to my great surprise that neither the ultrasound x-ray or an MRI showed any gall stones at all.

Dodged a bullet getting out of that hospital intact. Anyway, a long way of saying I agree, Winston, that the gall bladder probably has some purpose, and anyone should be very leery when they're told while vulnerable in the hospital that it needs too be removed.
Wow @gsjackson so doctors have colluded to deliberately lie to you about your gallbladder? Geez. Where was this? In a foreign country or the US? If this happened in the US you can sue them for conspiracy and deceit. I thought doctors just say whatever they are programmed to say. I didn't know they would knowingly lie. For what? Profit from surgeries? Most doctors are rich so why would they need to resort to lying like a low scumbag? I hate it when they use fear to try to get you to do the surgery. That's sick. They seem overly eager about this kind of surgery. That is a red flag.

Can you see gallstones in an ultrasound or x-ray? Are they visible? They told me I had stones but had no pictures of it from my x-ray or ultrasound or CT scan.
Tucson Medical Center. I don't know for sure whether they were deliberately lying to me, but it would seem like they were. Yanking a gallbladder is one of hospitals' main cash cows, so yes it should raise a red flag. They got off the surgery thing shortly after a social worker type learned that I'm licensed to practice law.

That's why an ultrasound x-ray and MRI were taken -- to see if I had gallstones. According to my GP, both indicated that I did not.

To add an anecdote: Someone I know had his gallbladder removed a year, year and a half ago, and it triggered virtually every health issue imaginable. He's now on dialysis, and spends almost all his time in the hospital dealing with one health problem or another. They've been like dominoes falling ever since the gallbladder surgery. His life is basically over at 59. You can, of course, hear plenty of stories about uneventful gallbladder removals, but there are no guarantees.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

HouseMD wrote:
April 17th, 2017, 3:06 pm
Winston wrote:Thanks for the responses HouseMD. Remember these are honest serious humble questions. I'm not trying to debate you with them. Just want some answers that Google wasn't able to provide. Google doesn't explain why doctors can't simply repair or heal diseased gallbladders. It appears no other sites in Google index address my questions.

I already answered the first question. The peritoneal infection and sepsis risk is incredibly high when a gallbladder is already infected. Putting a hole in the damn thing without removing it provides an exit for any of that crap to get into the abdomen and kill you. Furthermore, once infected, the gallbladder rapidly develops necrotic areas that can never be healed and are prone to perforation due to their compromised nature. Necrosis is an irreversible process- the cells are dead, their DNA is obliterated, and the only thing the body can do only one thing to repair, and that is to destroy the tissue and replace it with scar tissue that is typically about 70% as strong as the original material but completely functionless. As to statistics being easy to manipulate, this is not a soft study. This is a hard study with simple outcomes- death and hospital readmissions. Those are objective, not subjective, measures.

As to why the body can't heal the gallbladder, it is because it is a very fragile organ with a very easy to compromise blood supply. As it distends, the blood vessels are choked off, as they are not flexible like the tissue of the gallbladder and end up compressing under the stress. This causes lack of oxygen, cell death, and tissue necrosis. Necrosis is an irrecoverable process once it occurs, as there is no nuclear material remaining in the cells from which to replicate. Immune cells clear dead debris and fight infection, but they cannot restore dead tissue- that requires stem cells within the tissue itself, which die in the process of necrosis.
Ok thanks for all your answers @HouseMD. It seems that whatever God or Creator that designed the human body left a lot of flaws, such as the gallbladder being so fragile and easy to get inflammed or infected by stone formation, etc. That's bad design, like an accident waiting to happen. A bad programming flaw, so to speak. Why couldn't our Creator design the gallbladder with a bigger bile duct so stones couldn't get trapped in there? Or disable the ability to form stones in the gallbladder? Or have some repair mechanism or backup organ remove any stones that form in the gallbladder? That would make sense.

I guess even God or the Creator is not perfect. This is just one of millions of reasons why God/Creator isn't perfect, whereas there is zero reason to believe that God must be perfect, regardless of what Christian doctrines say or what Christians like @Neo believe. Of course, they will always say, "God did create humans and the world to be perfect, but man sinned in the Garden of Eden, so he brought ruin into God's perfect creation." But of course, that doesn't hold water, since the Garden of Eden story can only be metaphorical, not literal, since it's too problematic as a literal story for many reasons we've discussed before.

So HouseMD, basically what you're saying is that if stones form in your gallbladder, then it's already diseased? If so, how come Rock had 16 stones and after they were removed in China, they didn't form again? Doesn't that disprove the claim that "removing stones is pointless because they will form again"?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrMan wrote:
April 12th, 2017, 9:31 am
I'm not a medical doctor, but I remember some of the things they told me about having mine removed.

An infected gallbladder is a dangerous thing. If it gets inflamed over and over again, it can heal against the liver, I think, in a way that makes it harder to remove. If it gets infected and clogged, the infection can get to the pancreas, which makes insulin. I had pancreatitis because of my gallbladder problem. People were asking me if I drank. I'm not even a drinker. The pancreatitus was caused by the infected fluids backing up. The organs in that space there, the liver and pancreas, are needed to stay alive, so they want to get rid of a gallbladder that has a tendancy to get infected and inflamed to save those other two organs.

I wondered if they could just go in there and dialate the sphincter of the tube that was clogged that led up in to the gallbladder, or cut in through the stomach and just cut it open and take out the stones. The doctor said that had been done in the past, but the stones tend to return and the problem tends to happen again later in life, or there is a great risk for it. From what the doctor said, there weren't any hospitals anywhere near me that would take out the stones. They just removed the gallbladder.

I haven't read the research, but from what he said, removing the gallbladder tended to be the safest route for patients.

I wouldn't think most doctors, in the US at least, would try to con you into a gallbladder surgery you don't need. Probably, specialists who do that are busy enough to have just about as many operations as they need to earn a living. If they are too aggressive in recommending surgery as opposed to something else at times, it may be because they are in a discipline where the solution is to chop people open and take things out. Surgeons don't typically study herbal remedies, for example. I'm not saying a herbal remedy would help in this case.

The gallbladder performs a useful function related to the storage and flow of bile, but we can live without it. The balance the risks versus what we lose and recommend having a gallbladder removed.
@MrMan have you ever gone to an auto mechanic shop before and he suggested a lot of unnecessary repairs costing over a thousand dollars, and using fear as the reason to do it, like "this or that could go wrong if we don't change this or that" etc? I have. They always paint the worse scenarios to scare you, and make you feel fearful and worried, in order to get you to agree to unnecessary repairs and get an extra 1000 or 2000 dollars out of you. It's happened to me a number of times. I'm sure we've all experienced this.

Aren't the worse case scenarios above similar to these tactics by auto mechanics? Aren't they designed to incite fears of the worst case scenarios happening? Do you see what I mean? Have you considered this? I'm not saying doctors are as deceptive and slimey as auto mechanics, but in your arguments above, the "fear/worse case scenario" to manipulate you seems at work too. Just saying. These tactics are common in the business world, to varying degrees. You gotta cultivate good critical thinking not to be fooled by them, or learn to double check everything you hear.

I'm not saying that what you describe above is untrue. Just saying that such fearmongering of "worse case scenarios" are too common in the money grubbing world where everyone wants to make a buck off you. Or it could be exaggerated too. Who knows. You know there's a fine line between a lie and an exaggeration right?

Even if doctors are mostly honest, it could be that they are just saying whatever they are taught in medical school. And we all know that the healthcare industry in the US is very corrupt, to them, freedom in America means the freedom to exploit people and manipulate people for profit and the freedom to establish a monopoly so you can charge whatever you want and eliminate the competition. That's what freedom means in America, freedom to exploit and overcharge and monopolize an industry like healthcare so people have no choice but to fork over all their money to you. Freedom to be a shark and establish a mafia cartel and establish corporations to control everything. That's what freedom means in America.

Btw I know I'm no expert in health or auto mechanics. However, I am an expert in shady sales tactics, scams and logical fallacies. So I can recognize those. For example, if an auto mechanic tells me that there's a leak in the car but they cannot show me the leak because "it's too deep down inside the engine" then I call bull. If he can see a leak, he can show me one too. That's an obvious red flag. Yet they've tried that on me a number of times. It never made sense. Furthermore, when I took the car to another mechanic, or to an auto store where the staff have no reason to lie, they tell me they saw nothing wrong and no leak.