Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Should your gallbladder ever be removed?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Should your gallbladder ever be removed?

Post by Winston » April 17th, 2017, 8:05 pm

HouseMD,
Im not asking you any questions from the internet. Sheesh. Did you even read my questions? Can you at least answer the first two for now?

1. Why are my dads doctors so overly eager to remove his gallbladder? I thought they only remove that if you are having gallstone pains. Usually only people with gallstone pains have that kind of surgery right?

2. Isnt it speculative to remove a gallbladder just because of what *might* happen if you dont? Thats like a preemptive strike, like the Iraq war, which any smart person knows was foolish and wrong and driven by money and power and control, not by justice or safety. Do they have any rational proof or just pure speculation and fearmongering?

Btw i cant google some of my questions. Because if i google "why cant doctors heal the gallbladder", nothing comes up that addresses that question.
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

HouseMD
Experienced Poster

Post by HouseMD » April 17th, 2017, 8:37 pm

Winston wrote:HouseMD,
Im not asking you any questions from the internet. Sheesh. Did you even read my questions? Can you at least answer the first two for now?

1. Why are my dads doctors so overly eager to remove his gallbladder? I thought they only remove that if you are having gallstone pains. Usually only people with gallstone pains have that kind of surgery right?

2. Isnt it speculative to remove a gallbladder just because of what *might* happen if you dont? Thats like a preemptive strike, like the Iraq war, which any smart person knows was foolish and wrong and driven by money and power and control, not by justice or safety. Do they have any rational proof or just pure speculation and fearmongering?

Btw i cant google some of my questions. Because if i google "why cant doctors heal the gallbladder", nothing comes up that addresses that question.
I already told you, it is statistics. If all of the current people with gall bladder disease in China have their gall bladders removed, it saves literally hundreds of thousands of lives over a period of decades. There is a large amount of research that was done on optimal timing of cholecystectomy, and after numerous studies were done, it was found that the best outcomes for patients that had ever been symptomatic was removal, even if they were not currently having symptoms. Google "Timing of cholecystectomy for acute calculous cholecystitis: a meta-analysis" for a composite study. Patients receiving earlier intervention had lower mortality, morbidity, and shorter hospital stays than conservatively managed patients in every study that has been conducted in the last 25 years. Since the advent of laparoscopy, mortality rates are zero at most hospitals.

As to "isn't it just speculative," we conduct extensive studies to determine what the natural course of diseases are when compared with the interventional course. The natural course of cholelithiasis almost always progresses to cholecystitis, and if a person has had pain from the condition in the past, it is almost 100% likely they will have issues again, and there is a substantial chance that calculous cholecystitis complicated by ascending cholangitis will result, which is an often deadly condition with substantial hospital recovery time. On a long enough time scale, a blockage becomes almost a certainty.

But math, logic, science, and anything else to do with basic reason fails to penetrate your schizotypal pattern of thought, so I generally don't bother responding to you because it's quite literally a waste of my time. Go do whatever the hell you want. Give your dad whatever magic seeds or beans or plants you're getting scammed with this week if that's your choice. I don't care.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » April 17th, 2017, 10:37 pm

Thanks for the responses HouseMD. Remember these are honest serious humble questions. I'm not trying to debate you with them. Just want some answers that Google wasn't able to provide. Google doesn't explain why doctors can't simply repair or heal diseased gallbladders. It appears no other sites in Google index address my questions.

Also you used a lot of words that I don't know and will have to look up. You mentioned "it's about statistics". But don't you know that statistics are easy to manipulate, especially by those with an agenda? You know how the tobacco industry manipulated statistics to prove that smoking doesn't cause lung cancer right? So how can you bank on statistics that are so easy to manipulate?

So people die from gallbladder disease? How can that be if it's a vestigial organ and not vital?

Ok here are my next two questions that I could not find on Google.

3. Why cant doctors or scientists fix or repair or heal the gallbladder if its infected? My dads doctors say his gallbladder is inflammed and infected and enlarged, almost touching his intestines, which poses the danger of infecting the intestines too. Why cant they use a needle to squirt antibacterial fluids or antibiotics directly onto the gallbladder to disinfect it? I mean, we can send a man to the moon, but we cant heal or disinfect a little infected gallbladder? Go figure.

4. Why cant the body's immune system and its white blood cells heal the gallbladder? Isnt it programmed to heal all infections?
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

HouseMD
Experienced Poster

Post by HouseMD » April 17th, 2017, 11:06 pm

Winston wrote:Thanks for the responses HouseMD. Remember these are honest serious humble questions. I'm not trying to debate you with them. Just want some answers that Google wasn't able to provide. Google doesn't explain why doctors can't simply repair or heal diseased gallbladders. It appears no other sites in Google index address my questions.

Also you used a lot of words that I don't know and will have to look up. You mentioned "it's about statistics". But don't you know that statistics are easy to manipulate, especially by those with an agenda? You know how the tobacco industry manipulated statistics to prove that smoking doesn't cause lung cancer right? So how can you bank on statistics that are so easy to manipulate?

So people die from gallbladder disease? How can that be if it's a vestigial organ and not vital?

Ok here are my next two questions that I could not find on Google.

3. Why cant doctors or scientists fix or repair or heal the gallbladder if its infected? My dads doctors say his gallbladder is inflammed and infected and enlarged, almost touching his intestines, which poses the danger of infecting the intestines too. Why cant they use a needle to squirt antibacterial fluids or antibiotics directly onto the gallbladder to disinfect it? I mean, we can send a man to the moon, but we cant heal or disinfect a little infected gallbladder? Go figure.

4. Why cant the body's immune system and its white blood cells heal the gallbladder? Isnt it programmed to heal all infections?
I already answered the first question. The peritoneal infection and sepsis risk is incredibly high when a gallbladder is already infected. Putting a hole in the damn thing without removing it provides an exit for any of that crap to get into the abdomen and kill you. Furthermore, once infected, the gallbladder rapidly develops necrotic areas that can never be healed and are prone to perforation due to their compromised nature. Necrosis is an irreversible process- the cells are dead, their DNA is obliterated, and the only thing the body can do only one thing to repair, and that is to destroy the tissue and replace it with scar tissue that is typically about 70% as strong as the original material but completely functionless. As to statistics being easy to manipulate, this is not a soft study. This is a hard study with simple outcomes- death and hospital readmissions. Those are objective, not subjective, measures.

As to why the body can't heal the gallbladder, it is because it is a very fragile organ with a very easy to compromise blood supply. As it distends, the blood vessels are choked off, as they are not flexible like the tissue of the gallbladder and end up compressing under the stress. This causes lack of oxygen, cell death, and tissue necrosis. Necrosis is an irrecoverable process once it pccurs, as there is no nuclear material remaining in the cells from which to replicate. Immune cells clear dead debris and fight infection, but they cannot restore dead tissue- that requires stem cells within the tissue itself, which die in the process of necrosis.

alfredo
Freshman Poster

Post by alfredo » October 31st, 2017, 7:22 am

Could ROCK please let me know who and how to contact the Dr and place where he said he went to get the gallbladder sparing surgery done.. I am in Canada and do not speak Chinese and am looking for good Dr to get a large gallstone removed but save the gallbladder. In Canada only option is to remove GallBladder.. Thanks in advance..

alfredo
Freshman Poster

Post by alfredo » October 31st, 2017, 7:57 am

There are tests to show whether the state of health that the gallbladder is in.. Ultrasound to determine its evacuating abiltity and wall thickness etc.. These tests of the gallbladder's health status is used to determine the suitability for gallbladder sparing surgery to remove gallstones.. Unfortunately, the only place that is interested in preserving the gallbladder is China where it is almost universally carried out.. Unfortunately I am not Chinese or know the language so it almost impossible for me to know who to contact to be able to have such an operation.. I have a silent 2.7 cm calcified stone that was discovered on a CT scan.. I want to have it removed while it is silent and I am asymtomatic except for bloating after meals so that I can enable my liver and gallbladder to function as intended and not worry about potential symptoms in the future and/or gallbladder cancer due to continued irritation of the lining of the gallbladder by the calcified stone.. I likely got the stone from missing breakfasts and fasting often to lose weight.. I wish ROCK would post details of who and how to contact the good Drs in Donguan as well as how much it cost him. I am seriously looking into travelling to China from Canada to have this revolutionary gallbladder sparing surgery to remove gallstone.. Cheers all..

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » November 1st, 2017, 11:12 pm

alfredo wrote:Could ROCK please let me know who and how to contact the Dr and place where he said he went to get the gallbladder sparing surgery done.. I am in Canada and do not speak Chinese and am looking for good Dr to get a large gallstone removed but save the gallbladder. In Canada only option is to remove GallBladder.. Thanks in advance..
He doesn't post here anymore. But I'm sure he checks his PM box. Just PM him for the information. His username is Rock. I'll try to send this post to him.

alfredo
Freshman Poster

Post by alfredo » November 2nd, 2017, 12:08 am

Hi Winston..
The website won't allow me to PM Rock. I'd greatly appreciate if you could do this on my behalf..Thanks.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » November 2nd, 2017, 2:09 am

alfredo wrote:Hi Winston..
The website won't allow me to PM Rock. I'd greatly appreciate if you could do this on my behalf..Thanks.
It will if you make three posts. You just need one more post and then the forum will allow you to PM others. :)

alfredo
Freshman Poster

Post by alfredo » November 4th, 2017, 2:09 am

Ok Thanks