Best place to settle down?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Best place to settle down?

Post by Nailer »

I'm looking for this in eastern Europe:
-Good health care system.
-Good education system.
-Non-horrible alimony and child support laws.
-Nice weather, good food, comfort, etc., when possible.

Anywhere I should be looking to settle down long-term? I don't think I can stay in America due to the divorce laws here.
mand38
Freshman Poster

Re: Best place to settle down?

Post by mand38 »

Maybe Poland is what you are looking for, they are in EU, but prices are lower than Germany or Switcerland
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Another vote here for Poland, if you're looking for a sweet, marriageable woman. Lots of them there, and there is a reasonably western standard of living. But nice weather? In eastern Europe? Seriously?

The closest you're going to come to anything like decent weather -- maybe the equivalent of the U.S. Atlantic seaboard -- would be down in the Balkans: Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia. There is a high quality of woman there also, but quality of life infrastructure would probably be considered sub-optimal by many westerners. A little further south -- Macedonia, Greece -- the weather gets a bit closer to what you're used to in California, the women a little darker, infrastructure still sub-standard.

Croatia might be worth a look as a compromise. it gets a decent score on all of your criteria.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

gsjackson wrote:Another vote here for Poland, if you're looking for a sweet, marriageable woman. Lots of them there, and there is a reasonably western standard of living. But nice weather? In eastern Europe? Seriously?

The closest you're going to come to anything like decent weather -- maybe the equivalent of the U.S. Atlantic seaboard -- would be down in the Balkans: Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia. There is a high quality of woman there also, but quality of life infrastructure would probably be considered sub-optimal by many westerners. A little further south -- Macedonia, Greece -- the weather gets a bit closer to what you're used to in California, the women a little darker, infrastructure still sub-standard.

Croatia might be worth a look as a compromise. it gets a decent score on all of your criteria.
Are you kidding me? Polish women are the worst in the world, snotty, bratty, drugging and drinking. No thanks, man.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Eric wrote:
gsjackson wrote:Another vote here for Poland, if you're looking for a sweet, marriageable woman. Lots of them there, and there is a reasonably western standard of living. But nice weather? In eastern Europe? Seriously?

Are you kidding me? Polish women are the worst in the world, snotty, bratty, drugging and drinking. No thanks, man.
Well, we seem to have had different experiences in Poland. Which is why this sort of advice is worthless.
alyosha
Freshman Poster

Post by alyosha »

fschmidt wrote:http://www.returnofkings.com/55765/6-wa ... ke-america

Any Catholic country is doomed.
Ahah, what a stupid article.