Who Knows Anything About Studying in Taiwan?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Who Knows Anything About Studying in Taiwan?

Post by xiongmao »

Hi all,

My jobs ends in June and I like the idea of studying in Asia later in the year. I'd like to study business, which kind of keeps my IT career alive but also opens doors to non-English teaching jobs in Asia or at home.

I've got a course in mind that runs in another country, but due to Brexit the costs are quite scary now. Taiwan is so cheap to go and study, but it's really hard to get good information about it. Does anyone know anything about the lesser Universities there? NTU is prestigious but the application process is complex and I don't think it would be the right place for me.

Ming Chuan looks quite a nice place but it's hard to find much out about the place.

I'm looking for a Masters or MBA. I'm not too fussed about the prestige of the place - what will be good for me is having a really good story about work placements, case studies etc. and of course the usual disasters associated with me going to Asia - that stuff just kills it at interviews :lol: .
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Who Knows Anything About Studying in Taiwan?

Post by Rock »

xiongmao wrote:Hi all,

My jobs ends in June and I like the idea of studying in Asia later in the year. I'd like to study business, which kind of keeps my IT career alive but also opens doors to non-English teaching jobs in Asia or at home.

I've got a course in mind that runs in another country, but due to Brexit the costs are quite scary now. Taiwan is so cheap to go and study, but it's really hard to get good information about it. Does anyone know anything about the lesser Universities there? NTU is prestigious but the application process is complex and I don't think it would be the right place for me.

Ming Chuan looks quite a nice place but it's hard to find much out about the place.

I'm looking for a Masters or MBA. I'm not too fussed about the prestige of the place - what will be good for me is having a really good story about work placements, case studies etc. and of course the usual disasters associated with me going to Asia - that stuff just kills it at interviews :lol: .
I think National Chengchi University may still have an English MBA program. But regular MBAs are more for 20 somethings to early 30s at high-end. Perhaps you can see whether or not they have any executive MBA type programs designed more for people mid-career.