Digital Nomads - Perpetual travelers with portable income that is location independent!

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: Digital Nomads - Make money online and travel the world

Post by chanta76 »

Honestly..I wish Thailand just get rid of these mofo's. The digital nomad to me looks like just guise for stuck up westerns taking advantage of a poorer economic country. They go there and make blogs about how great their life is but don't even consider how tough life is for the regular thias. I mean these expats can always go back to their native countries. Digital nomad..is just an old term but the down side is if more of them are there they try to change the country itself. You get that if there is too much expat females.

Wish Thailand wise up and start taxing the sex industry..start taxing expats just because there are expats. And use that money to fix Thailand Oh..I forgot ..just like the Philippines and Mexico Thailand is sooo corrupt that it be always lagging behind. I hate to say I remember visiting that country years ago..and in some ways Johnny Law is right.. the country is full of crap but I think only the farang is expose to it.

I wish we can have a major world war..and certain countries get nuked. Thailand is definitely one of them.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

WorldTraveler wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeFpS2Iiedo[/youtube]

This guy is hilarious. Where is he at? He's living between the A and T. The fact that the lifestyle works for this good ole boy, I know you can make it work too. You can make a 6 figure salary from anywhere. :lol:

ohhh f**ck...This guy is the definition of retardness...he doesn't know what we are talking about...He is completely off tangent and thinking something else..

Like how many people think of Cloud Computing as something in Clouds ...This guy is on that level. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Digital Nomads - Those with portable income and travel the world perpetually!

Post by Winston »

Book about how to be a digital nomad and travel around the world perpetually and have multiple homes around the world at a low cost. Sounds perfect for the guys here!

https://www.amazon.com/Forever-Nomad-Ul ... 07CCNV34D/

Forever Nomad: The Ultimate Guide to World Travel, From a Weekend to a Lifetime

Forever Nomad is a comprehensive guide to world travel, for first time travelers, long-time nomads, and everyone in between. Learn all the tricks nomads use to get plane tickets for a fraction of what normal people pay, how to maximize points and loyalty programs, how to access airport lounges and other VIP perks, and how to work and make friends around the world. You’ll even discover how to have multiple homes around the world for less than it costs for a one-bedroom in your home city.

Most importantly, learn how to travel in harmony with regular life, rather than have it become a stressful disruption as it is for most people.

Forever Nomad is a book about making the entire world into your world, and doing so in a sustainable and enjoyable way.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Article about digital nomads fed up with western society

Post by Zambales »

Article about digital nomads fed up with western society

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/wo ... 69561.html
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Digital Nomads - Those with portable income and travel the world perpetually!

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I hate the term Digital Nomad even though some would describe me as one. The traditional term has been perpetual traveler. But since the dawn of working by way of the internet, this new term was coined.

There are many ways to skin this cat. You can mine Bitcoin, you can write articles for payment, you can day trade, or you can swing trade (my current bailiwick).

After working for several years of saving and investing, you will be able to generate enough passive income to just live and travel abroad without working.

So digital nomads are in that beginning stage before becoming the truly free perpetual travelers akin to Simon Black of Sovereign Man or Andrew Henderson of Nomad Capitalist.

Winston introduced a new concept for me when he mentioned RemoteYear.com. It seems like a great way to slash one's costs to save thousands per month. I might try the 4 month option in 2019 just to meet some like-minded folks. It would be slumming it a bit by sharing an apartment, but there are some positive tradeoffs there.
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on August 23rd, 2018, 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 5:47 am
I hate the term Digital Nomad even though some would describe me as one. The traditional term has been perpetual traveler. But since the dawn of working by way of the internet, this new term was coined.

There are many ways to skin this cat. You can mine Bitcoin, you can write articles for payment, you can day trade, or you can swing trade (my current bailiwick).

After working for several years of saving and investing, you will be able to generate enough passive income to just live and travel abroad without working.

So digital nomads are in that beginning stage before becoming the truly free perpetual travelers akin to Simon Black of Sovereign Man or Andrew Henderson of Nomad Capitalist.

Winston introduced a new concept for me mentioned RemoteYear.com. It seems like a great way to slash one's costs to save thousands per month. I might try the 4 month option in 2019 just to meet some like-minded folks. It would be slumming it a bit by sharing an apartment, but there are some positive tradeoffs there.
What the f**k. You are living off the taxes of white men. "Worthless Parasite" is the correct term.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Cornfed wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 6:01 am
You are living off the taxes of white men.
How so? If you want to say that day or swing trading is just manipulation and not really providing anything of value to anyone then I agree. But where is the connection to taxes?
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Mr Natural wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 11:56 am
Cornfed wrote:
How so? If you want to say that day or swing trading is just manipulation and not really providing anything of value to anyone then I agree. But where is the connection to taxes?
This is a long-standing ridiculous dialogue. Cornfed's position is that since CE is black, any jobs he has held that allowed him to save up enough to pursue swing trading and such must have been a sinecure bestowed through affirmative action. It goes without saying that Corny doesn't have the slightest idea what jobs CE has held and how effective he was in them.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 6:21 pm
Mr Natural wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 11:56 am
Cornfed wrote:
This is a long-standing ridiculous dialogue. Cornfed's position is that since CE is black, any jobs he has held that allowed him to save up enough to pursue swing trading and such must have been a sinecure bestowed through affirmative action. It goes without saying that Corny doesn't have the slightest idea what jobs CE has held and how effective he was in them.
Government pensions are a classic example of boomer parasitism, however competent the recipient may have been in his job. I guess I would collect one if I had the chance so I’m not condemning CE for collecting his, but lets see it for the welfare sponging that it is. If I follow CE’s stated history correctly he has been a lifelong government man (military, police, foreign service). I’d say the balance of probably is that this is a classic case of affirmative action at work.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston wrote:
March 8th, 2017, 1:02 pm
Check this out. There's a new program now called Remote Year which lets you travel around the world for a year while working on your laptop. It sounds like fun, but you gotta fill out an application to see if you qualify. Here's their promo page.

http://www.remoteyear.com/imaginelpt-4

Online application form.

https://remoteyear.typeform.com/to/vuBwVN
Apparently, this is a new industry niche. There is a growing array of Remoteyear-type companies. The best link I have found listing them is:

https://launchparty.org/coworking-vacat ... al-nomads/
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Re: Article about digital nomads fed up with western society

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

Best way to become a digital nomad- get on welfare, disability, etc benefits from the government. Then you can travel anywhere you want without worrying about money. Otherwise, figure out how to make money working online, maybe freelance, or just do the typical thing and work as an english teacher. You can do a 6 month teaching gig in China, then move on to Japan for 6 months gig, then keep moving countries every 6 months.

It seems english teaching is the best way for the majority of westerners to travel.

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 11th, 2018, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Ghost wrote:
August 26th, 2018, 12:20 pm
Very few travelers have passive income and travel the world.
I'll agree with this, but add that the reason why so few can pull it off is that they are bamboozled into buying homes with 30 year mortgages, having wives or child support payments to fund, or living at or beyond their financial means.

If men would ust learn to live BELOW their means and just invest the lion's share of their disposable income, it would be a much more attainable goal.

I would have to say the communities of digital nomads/perpetual travelers is fast growing because of the minimalist movement and shunning of the marriage and family.
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
August 26th, 2018, 1:46 pm
Ghost wrote:
August 26th, 2018, 12:20 pm
Very few travelers have passive income and travel the world.
I'll agree with this, but add that the reason why so few can pull it off is that they are bamboozled into buying homes with 30 year mortgages, having wives or child support payments to fund, or living at or beyond their financial means.

If men would ust learn to live BELOW their means and just invest the lion's share of their disposable income, it would be a much more attainable goal.

I would have to say the communities of digital nomads/perpetual travelers is fast growing because of the minimalist movement and shunning of the marriage and family.
any man who was stupid enough to marry a western woman and buy a house, is a lost cause and is beyond help.

Smart, young men who are smart enough to not get married or buy any assets which tie them down to one location, yes, they can live such a life.

Ultimately though, the best option if you want to immediately expat, is get a teaching job overseas. The company will generally pay for your airplane tickets, your housing, and so on. So if you want to expat now, that is pretty much the only real option for most men.
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check this out. Estonia, a small country in Eastern Europe, is now offering visas for digital nomads! Maybe this is a way to live in Europe long term?

https://www.wired.com/beyond-the-beyond ... omad-visa/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne