ADVICE! Getting to Philippines from the USA with ext. visa?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Cyrus
Freshman Poster

ADVICE! Getting to Philippines from the USA with ext. visa?

Post by Cyrus »

Hi everybody,

So I'm deciding to relocate for a while to Cebu, at least 3 months before moving onward. I need some advice concerning the most recent visa requirements

This article talks about requirements: http://traveltips.usatoday.com/visa-us- ... 60608.html

My big question concerns proof of finances. I should be able to get a bank statement with about $10,000 in it. Is that enough?

The next question is proof of onward travel - if I book a flight to Japan or Thailand at the end the 3 months is that good, or do they want proof of a RETURN to the USA?

Third question is this article is vague and it says to do this for trips "over 21 days" - How long are we talking about for an extended visa? How long is the visa?

Fourth question: I saw pics online of people entering Philippines and wrapping their entire backpacks in plastic wrap to avoid having drugs put into their packs by airport security and then extorted. Pretty horrifying, is this still a thing?

Fifth and final question... What's a good area to locate in Cebu that's close to all the action? I'm willing to spend a little more for a decent place. And I won't lie, half the reason I'm going is for the girls (not mongering - dating for real) - it's always nice to have a decent apartment for that reason. Any other advice in that area is appreciated.

Thanks - happy to visit the Kingdom of Wu again.