Need you guys' advice/opinions - My mom doesn't want me to marry my Filipino girlfriend who lives abroad

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Re: Need your guys' advice/opinions - my mom currently does not want me to marry my Filipino girlfriend who lives abroad

Post by Master »

save yourself the biography. Its just another tale of a young boy( disappointed that you have a tiger avatar) and has lots of girls and cant decide then the girls figured it out, a mixture of letters, and it bites him in the butt. Plus theres a mama angle there controlling the strings.

This all started wrong the minute you decided to be unfaithful you had it coming and it will end bad.

You should just get on your knees and pry for the hell you've got coming is going to be dreadful.

ooh boy will there be some lessons here to learn.

Rule no.1

Never be unfaithful.

Your bound to get what you've got coming.

Rule no.2

Never mix pleasure with buisness.

A mixture of flirting and work is sure to get you in the emergency room and along with being fired.

Rule no.3

Never get mommy in your business.

She'll end up controlling you.

and remember theres no crying in life.
Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.
Become An Agent of Choas.

Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Re: Need your guys' advice/opinions - my mom currently does not want me to marry my Filipino girlfriend who lives abroad

Post by Johnny1975 »

Stop being a typical asian pu ssy. Do what you want to do.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

MrMan wrote:
March 19th, 2018, 8:52 pm

If you don't see a future with a girl, it's best not to date her. Especially with southeast Asian girls, and a lot of Asian girls, who don't date for fun. They date to find a husband.
-------------

MrMan, you have brought up good points. I have been busy lately. I will respond little later.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

Update:

I have been busy so I did not have time to come here to keep you all updated.

But that Korean girl that my mom wanted me to marry, the Korean girl from my mom's hometown in S. Korea, ended up flaking out on me! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!

I asked the Korean girl via Kakao talk text,..that's how I kept in touch with her,....if she really wants to come to the US.

I was trying to deflect the Korean girl so that I could end up with my Filipina girlfriend that my mom disliked.

I also asked the Korean girl if she felt comfortable coming to the US, because if she did, she would leave behind her job (she works for an aeronautic company in Korea) and her circle of friends. I told her that if she immigrated to the US if we were to get married, she would live a boring life, and her friends would not be here. Her parents would still be in Korea.

But seriously, that was a valid question that I asked her.

Anyhow, it sunk into the Korean girl's head,....my questions, and she ended up telling me that she's not interested in marrying me, and prefers to stay in Korea.

She also told her decision to stay in Korea to my mom's friend's cousin (the match maker in Korea).

This happened about one month ago.

My mom was so angry and upset with the Korean girl that she sent the Korean girl nasty text messages (i.e. "what do you think you are? Your job in Korea is nothing. You would be shit if you were to live in the US" etc.) I know because the Korean girl copied and pasted those text messages that my mom had sent her, and she sent them to me. I apologized to the Korean girl, and we both wished each other the best of luck with our future lives.

So for now, my mom is slowly accepting the fact that I will be marrying my Filipina girlfriend in the near future.

I have already purchased my plane ticket to visit Grace in mid-June.

I am also in the process of purchasing a condo for the both of us to live in. :D

I thank the Lord for listening to both Grace and my prayers. Amen.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

I don't mean to be rude here Horahngee but for a man in his thirties you do lack maturity. What you need in your life is an influential male figure who'll toughen you up not an overbearing mother who treats you like a twelve year old child.

Not sure if marriage is what you need right now although moving away from your mother's clutches is most definitely a step in the right direction.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

Master wrote:
April 10th, 2018, 11:55 pm
save yourself the biography. Its just another tale of a young boy( disappointed that you have a tiger avatar) and has lots of girls and cant decide then the girls figured it out, a mixture of letters, and it bites him in the butt. Plus theres a mama angle there controlling the strings.
Dude, I don't have a lot of girls. This is America, land of shitiness when it comes to dating, especially for Asian-American guys like me. Hence, I have to look beyond our border to find a girlfriend and a potential wife.

If you have even read my updated story, the Korean girl that my mom wanted me to get engaged to,....she eventually flaked out. Like all the 20-something Korean girls I have met both here in the US, as well as Korean girls who were born in Korea. I have also attended plenty of Korean churches here in my area, only to be paired up with Korean girls, and them flaking out on me.

It is similar situation to Winston here, who has been having difficulty with Taiwanese girls, and his criticism of Taiwanese girls who are cold, unfriendly, snooty, and aloof.

Same thing with Korean girls in my situation. Plus the fact that I'm mixed Japanese from my father's side, makes me less appealing to Korean girls. If you don't know why, you should research the history of Korea.

This all started wrong the minute you decided to be unfaithful you had it coming and it will end bad.
Well, I did not like the other girl "J" whom was introduced to me by the former co-worker "L."

I made a big mistake by not breaking up with "J." However, since I have not had a real/genuine girlfriend here in the US, the messages that I was receiving from "J" made me feel good. Of course, "J" might be faking her love for me because she is the eldest in the family, and according to Filipino families, the eldest child is responsible for providing for the younger siblings.

The past is the past. I want to forget about it, and now, focus on getting engaged to Grace.

Never mix pleasure with buisness.

A mixture of flirting and work is sure to get you in the emergency room and along with being fired.
Uh, what does business and pleasure have to do with my situation?

Are you talking about the former co-worker "L" introducing me to her Filipino friend "J" and then things turned bad, so "L" is talking stink about me to former co-workers? Does not freaking matter. In fact, I am close friends with my pervious department's assistant manager. I still chat with him and we even met up for lunch three weeks ago.
Rule no.3

Never get mommy in your business.

She'll end up controlling you.
Easy said than done. My mom controls the money in the family, and I need financial support in order to purchase a house or a condo for my future wife.

Easy for my sister to forget about my mom, and argue with my mom, because my sister is already married, has a hubby who can support her.

But for me, it's still a new beginning for me.

You must be a white guy, or from an American family. You have more leeway.

However, I think it's not nice to push your culture and values and criticize my family and my situation.

There are pro's and con's to western family and their values. It's not 100% good either.

and remember theres no crying in life.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

Zambales wrote:
April 21st, 2018, 12:10 am
I don't mean to be rude here Horahngee but for a man in his thirties you do lack maturity. What you need in your life is an influential male figure who'll toughen you up not an overbearing mother who treats you like a twelve year old child.

Not sure if marriage is what you need right now although moving away from your mother's clutches is most definitely a step in the right direction.
Listen Zambales. You assuming that I'm a "momma boy" when I live away from home and work my own job and pay my own rent (although some times, my paycheck does not pay for my entire credit card bill!).

I already have maturity.

What I rely on is the money that my mom holds. Sadly, she controls the finances in my family. My dad, he's not really a tough guy (Japaense-American guy). I need that money to help pay for the downpayment for my condo.

Anyhow, I kept praying to God to have me be with my Filipina girlfriend.

God answered my prayer request. The Korean girl whom was introduced to me by my mom's friend's cousin in Korea.....she ended up flaking out and changed her mind about coming to the US.

I myself, in fact, tried to pry away that Korean girl. I asked her questions via Kakao talk text message like "Do you really want to come to the US? If you come to the US, you will be away from your friends, your family...."

That's what made the Korean girl think twice about her getting married to me and immigrating to the US.

Marriage is what I need.

Heck, even finding a true girlfriend here in this shitty country of America has been a big task for me.

I have used Coffee Meets Bagel app, Tinder, E-Harmony, Match.com to find dates. I have met other girls.

However, nothing gelled into a romantic relationship. All the girls I have met either met me for "free" lunch, to chat because they moved here and were lonely, I got friend zoned, or they simply ghosted out and stopped responding to my text messages.

Yup, sadly.....that is America and the dating life / romance life for me.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

Johnny1975 wrote:
April 11th, 2018, 3:09 am
Stop being a typical asian pu ssy. Do what you want to do.
yeah, says the white guy who has to go abroad because he could not find a GF or a potential partner in the US (or whatever western hell-hol you're from). :lol:
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

Johnny1975 wrote:
April 11th, 2018, 3:09 am
I AM a typical haole pu ssy. What do you think? :lol:
yeah, says the haole guy who has to go abroad because he could not find a GF or a potential partner in the US (or whatever western hell-hol you're from). :lol:
Last edited by Horahngee on May 5th, 2018, 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Horahngee wrote:
May 4th, 2018, 11:34 am
I'm a loser and I suck my mother's tits.
When you suck your mother's tits, does soy sauce come out?
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

Johnny1975 wrote:
When you suck your mother's tits, does soy sauce come out?
I have just reported you. Hahaha!

Says the white guy who has to move abroad because he was not good enough for the girls here in the us. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Horahngee wrote:
May 5th, 2018, 4:40 am
I'm a faggot and my mother rules my life.
Yes, I know.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

Johnny1975 wrote:
May 6th, 2018, 2:47 am
I had to move away from the US, because I'm a loner, had no friends or girlfriends.
:lol: :lol: I can see why you could not get a GF, nor did you have any friends. LOL! :D
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Horahngee wrote:
May 4th, 2018, 10:43 am
Zambales wrote:
April 21st, 2018, 12:10 am

Listen Zambales. You assuming that I'm a "momma boy" when I live away from home and work my own job and pay my own rent (although some times, my paycheck does not pay for my entire credit card bill!).
It doesn't matter where you're living, she's still trying to control you. Whose money is this anyway? Is it yours?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Horahngee,

If logic works on your mom at all, you can tell her that you don't think a lot of traditional Korean women would want to marry a part-Japanese man. You can tell her you want a traditional woman who would pay a lot of attention to raising her grandchildren (or whatever points your mom would agree with that are important to you.) But you can find a traditional, family-oriented Filippina who likes men from other Asian countries.

Unless things have changed since I was there, people in Korea do not tend to like Japan that much. I'd imagine your mom knows that. I understand the pure-bred Koreans wanting their kids to marry Korean. But if she thinks about the fact that you are all mixed up, there isn't any reason to try to keep the blood-lines pure. Culturally, she might like the idea of a Korean daughter-in-law, so she can tell her what to do and make her cook like the mother-in-laws in the K-dramas. But how many traditional women who would go for that would marry a mixed man? A lot of Korean men are marrying Filippinos and Vietnamese now, anyway.