Where could I move?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Light
Freshman Poster

Where could I move?

Post by Light »

Deleted. This doesn't seem like a good community with the drama and harassing that goes on around here.
Last edited by Light on July 26th, 2018, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snede
Freshman Poster

Re: Where could I move?

Post by snede »

You can make it in the smaller cities in Ukraine on $1000/month. You'll need to budget a bit, but you can live quite adequately.
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Deleted. This doesn't seem like a good community with the drama and harassing that goes on around here.
SteveUKR
Freshman Poster

Post by SteveUKR »

On 1k a month you probably could not live in big cities of Russia such as Moscow or St. P. You could in some of the smaller cities.

Well you could in Moscow or St. P. if you rented a room or a cheap apartment on the outskirts but you'd just be getting by.

Snede why do you say only smaller cities of Ukraine? On 1k a month you could get by in even the big cities of Ukraine.

But on the 1k a month you won't be able to date. If you have a girlfriend who is not demanding you'll be able to get by on the 1k but to date and take girls out is more questionable.
SteveUKR
Freshman Poster

Post by SteveUKR »

In some of the places that you mentioned Light you could only live in a hostel. Apartments and hotels are expensive.
snede
Freshman Poster

Post by snede »

SteveUKR wrote:
May 30th, 2018, 11:18 am
On 1k a month you probably could not live in big cities of Russia such as Moscow or St. P. You could in some of the smaller cities.

Well you could in Moscow or St. P. if you rented a room or a cheap apartment on the outskirts but you'd just be getting by.

Snede why do you say only smaller cities of Ukraine? On 1k a month you could get by in even the big cities of Ukraine.

But on the 1k a month you won't be able to date. If you have a girlfriend who is not demanding you'll be able to get by on the 1k but to date and take girls out is more questionable.
Well, Kiev is probably the most expensive city in Ukraine. Kharkov isn't far behind. I just spent 3 weeks in Kherson and I could get by on $1000/month. Rents are a lot lower and it is practical to walk just about everywhere in the city center. For those times you need a taxi, the most expensive ride I took was UAH135 and that was going all the way to the airport.

I read Matt Forney's report on Lviv and it may be really cheap, but I haven't been there yet.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Come to East Asia, honestly the girls here are whiter than the "white" girls back home. The bonus is that they don't smoke or drink.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Light wrote:
May 29th, 2018, 5:09 pm
I have a passive income of close to $1,000 per month.
I have dual-citizenship with the EU.
My preference in girls is white girls because I want to stay within my own race if possible.
Where in Europe can I live on $1,000 a month?
-----
I will need to get a job in the EU if I want to remain overseas permanently, otherwise I'll need to spend 4-6 months overseas and then 6-8 months in America....
You did not mention your age, it is not easy to give any advice. How many languages can you speak? From where are you within EU? What are your qualifications? Do you have beside your passive income of USD 1000,- also additional savings etc.?

The problem now within EU is that it is full with illegal immigrants.

If you are really holding EU-citizenship (I am also EU-citizen but living in Japan) and are looking for any European girl why not to try any low-cost country within EU? There are advantages as you do not need any visa, regardless if you are in Lituania, Latvia, Poland or in Hungary, Romania or Bulgaria...

At the beginning I would travel around to visit some EU-Eastern Europe countries. Train connections are good. You don't need even a passport, only your EU-ID-card. Do you have one? Very comfortable. If not, contact your EU-related embassy before departure and you will receive one within a few weeks.

If you can register any fix address within EU, you are eligible to apply for health insurance too, and you can use your health insurance card in all EU for almost free medical care in case of illness and accidents.

Some other countries nearby, not EU members, are also cheap, like Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia (former Yugoslavia-countries) or Albania.

To spend 50/50 in Europe and USA is a good idea, quite a lot of people are doing this - at least at the beginning until you are sure you have a stable second home and job somewhere in Europe. It helps indeed to be secure and not to run out of money.
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Last edited by Light on July 26th, 2018, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Dmitry Orlov just did an article (it's on cluborlov) on moving to Russia. It does not seem to be easy.

I went around Europe for a bit on about that budget, but it likely would have been cheaper with an apartment & shopping for food I cook myself more often. I wasn't really knowledgeable about traveling & stuff like that. I learned that there are opportunities to work (on & off-books), especially tutoring English. There's a youtube video "10 Countries It's Super Easy to EMIGRATE To" that gets into some things about European countries (I don't remember exactly what it said).
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Deleted.
Last edited by Light on July 26th, 2018, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Light wrote:
May 31st, 2018, 4:48 pm
I'm 30 years old. I really do have EU citizenship because I have ancestors from Italy and was able to get it based on that. My EU country is Italy. I have a 4-year degree in business.
So you are my neighbor, I am originally from Austria.
I am learning Russian and Italian but I'm at the basic level on both. I have been having an easier time learning Russian because its grammar rules are simpler compared to Italian.
Not true, you will see when you continue, Russian has a difficult and confusing grammar, worse than German.
One of the top reasons why I want to live in the EU is exactly what you mentioned. The free or almost free medical care in the EU.
Croatia is a member of the EU.
That's correct, Slovenia also.

USA is terrible regarding medical care.
However while medical bills are not a financial concern in EU for the patient, be aware that income tax is terrible, you cannot have it both.

I have to pay 24 % income tax on my EU-retirement allowance from Austria and as living permanently outside of EU, I have no access to EU-medical care.

In my case however as a Japanese permanent resident I have Japanese National Insurance full-cover up to end of my life and this is really a good health insurance.
I wouldn't mind getting a visa for Russia or Belarus.
I am skeptical, I think this does not make any sense, I doubt if learning Russian is helpful, not much to gain with knowing this language.

In your situation I would check out countries which are EU members. Life is simply said better there and for you as an EU-citizen almost free of formalities. Visa is one thing, no problem, but to be eligible to working permits and social security is not so easy in Belarus, Russia, Ukraine...

About languages, in Continental Europe German and French are very useful.
My savings is complicated because I have debt.
Take it easy. When I was 30 and left Europe for always I also had debts - looking back at these debts which were my headache at that time I could pay them off easily today with one of my creditcards.
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Deleted
Last edited by Light on July 26th, 2018, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Light wrote:
June 1st, 2018, 4:46 am
Are you saying I shouldn't learn Russian? I thought if I wanted to get a Russian girl then knowing Russian would be helpful.
To study foreign languages is never wrong, up to you.

I can only write what I think... in your situation I would first of all leave USA and settle down somewhere in EU-zone. Regulate your own life.
You have to consider your own security first. Proper documents, acceptable job, reasonable housing etc. This takes a while.

Girls from somewhere - this is not so important.
Russia has only about 145 million people, not so many considering how large the country is, but wide aresa are plainly empty, nothing there.
Cities in Russia are quite dispersed, require a long ride on trains or domestic flight. Some places are horribly cold during winter time.

All EU has about 510 million people and there are countries where the living standard is not higher than in Russia, and you can live there without bureaucratic hassles.
That's why I think a Russian girl would be easiest out of the white girls. Why would an EU girl want me if no American girl ever did and I'm not as rich as a guy native to the EU?
USA is a horror for men regarding dating, I have been in USA only for short time and I have seen over there the worst women in my life.
I can only say, forget about any woman living in USA - it's time-waste.

I don't think, honest Russian women are so easy to find and there is plenty of scam going on all the time.
Honest Russian women are small in number and can be found in Siberia, but this is a long trip, requires very good Russian knowledge and a lot of time and patience, as travel between these rather small cities is time consuming and also costly, considering invoices for hotel and similar expenses.

Is it not better, if you really want a white woman to search for her slowly around Poland and smaller countries like Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary and who says it must be in that area? You can look around in Portugal or Greece and even Cyprus - and also look over the border to small non-EU countries like Albania, Macedonia, Moldovia - I think you will find somebody who might fit you well. -

I see really no reason why to look around in Belarus, Ukraine or even consider to move to Russia and live there only because of a woman....why should you? Just my opinion.