Question about the "Capacity to Marry" paperwork for US citizens marrying a Filipina in the Philippines

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Question about the "Capacity to Marry" paperwork for US citizens marrying a Filipina in the Philippines

Post by Horahngee »

I have posted this question and thread in the "Visa/Immigration" section, but not one has answered my question. So I will post this question here.

I plan on getting married to my Filipina fiancé towards the end of this year. Recently got engaged! Woo hoo!

One of the requirements that the local city hall has listed for their requirements for a marriage license, is for me to submit a "capacity to marry" paperwork.

That is what I have to get from the US Embassy in Manila.

But damn, I checked the US embassy website, and the only availabilities now are June 29th, and the rest of July, where I will already have returned back to the US.

I plan on coming back in October for our wedding, but cannot make reservation/appointment online right now for that time period.

Has anybody here (Winston?) been through this process of acquiring the "Capacity to Marry" paperwork from the US Embassy?

How long did your guys appointment take? Do you just show up tot he US Embassy on your scheduled appointment, show them your US passport, fill out some forms, and bam.....you get that paperwork the same day?

Lastly, I have heard that even US citizens will need to provide a "CENOMAR" paperwork to show that I have not been married before. Which I think is ridiculous because this CENOMAR database only applies to Filipino citizens.

Nevertheless, the city hall/barangay person told me that for their municipal district, that i will not need a CENOMAR paper certificate. Just only required for my Filipina fiance.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Re: Question about the "Capacity to Marry" paperwork for US citizens marrying a Filipina in the Philippines

Post by Horahngee »

Forget about this shit! recently had to part ways with my fiancé.

-------

Update: ex-fiancé trying to reconcile with me. Asking for forgiveness, and to be honest, I also want to see her again. It's her older sister who I am still really really upset with, that's making me not want to return to the PI.