Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Would Winston be happier abroad in Europe?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Would Winston be happier abroad in Europe?

Post by momopi » August 16th, 2018, 3:30 pm

El_Caudillo wrote:
August 16th, 2018, 9:32 am
@momopi sure I agree with you he should get onto those things - making a list would be very helpful, I'm not a list guy but occasionally I'll do it and feel better when I get those things crossed off. However, this is not how Winston's psychology works - put it down to the wonders and marvels of the broad spectrum of human existence.
The purpose (of the list) is to force yourself to prioritize certain goals over others. If you want to do A then why are you doing B and C before A? What have you done today toward A and what are you doing tomorrow toward A?

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo » August 17th, 2018, 8:10 am

@momopi what do you think the chances are he makes such a list? And you're missing something, Europe is only something to fixate on temporarily until the next idea comes along. It's the mental fixation which is really important for W - action in the physical world is inconsequential.
Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi » August 17th, 2018, 3:26 pm

El_Caudillo wrote:
August 17th, 2018, 8:10 am
@momopi what do you think the chances are he makes such a list? And you're missing something, Europe is only something to fixate on temporarily until the next idea comes along. It's the mental fixation which is really important for W - action in the physical world is inconsequential.
The passage of time and aging in the physical realm is merciless. The consequence of failure to prioritize and take action is on him.

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende » August 17th, 2018, 3:49 pm

momopi wrote:
August 17th, 2018, 3:26 pm
El_Caudillo wrote:
August 17th, 2018, 8:10 am
The passage of time and aging in the physical realm is merciless. The consequence of failure to prioritize and take action is on him.
That is precisely what I told him, too. Whatever opportunity window he might have, in Europe or elsewhere, is closing fast. If he stops thinking that taking shortcuts is a good (enough) avenue, he might as well start improving himself and grab a chance to find a stable relationship.

For how much you want to define him as a "cloud", clouds don't last forever. They eventually evaporate up or come down as rain...and they end up feeding the grass and the trees :)

This uber-libertine way of thinking is not doing him any good. And whoever is advising him not to steer away from it while he still has time (and not much left of it, IMHO) and continuing his merry-go-round on the web and on Fields Avenue, isn't certainly doing him a favour.

I might have been a bit too much on the rude & radical side when addressing him, but my point has been very clear: he needs to land back on the ground and start acting like an adult. Society demands it, women (any woman) demands it. If he doesn't at least find a compromise, he risks being lost for good.