Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Would Winston be happier abroad in Europe?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27730
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Why do most people dislike Winston for no apparent reason? Especially in First World Countries?

Post by Winston » August 4th, 2018, 8:38 am

My venetian friend alex below agrees that absolute claims, such as those of Publicduende, are not true. See below.

[8/4, 1:51 PM] Winston: Well he says i cannot make any friends or get any dates in europe because of my age. He says this with certainty. As though he were God and knows everything. He does not speak for everyone. Thats insulting and a malicious lie.
[8/4, 1:51 PM] Winston: It seems like hes trying to destroy my confidence and self esteem and hope. That's immoral.
[8/4, 1:52 PM] Alex From Venice: Uhm... take it as an advice... if he's so certain of his claims there must be some truth behind
[8/4, 1:53 PM] Winston: Also europeans tend to be very open. Even if most girls are cold and unfriendly. Still there are always 5 or 10 percent that are open and easy to talk and approach. And when u meet people everyday eventually some become your friends. Even if its just a few. The law of averages guarantees it.
[8/4, 1:53 PM] Alex From Venice: in the sense that you should be aware that you might get deluded if you go there with too many positive expectations
[8/4, 1:54 PM] Winston: Or maybe hes an asshole. With dark side. What truth? I am good at making friends in europe. He doesnt even know me. He only met me once briefly. So how can he predict anything?
[8/4, 1:54 PM] Winston: Even if i were going to korea or japan u cannot make such a statement as no one will want to be your friend.
[8/4, 1:54 PM] Winston: What he says may be true of london only. But not of all of europe.
[8/4, 1:55 PM] Winston: Yes but its extreme for him to say i cannot make any real friends at all. Right?
[8/4, 1:55 PM] Alex From Venice: I don't know about his intentions and maybe he has some personal reasons to hate Europe as I have mine to hate Italy. that's maybe why he's extreme
[8/4, 1:55 PM] Winston: Especially since europe and latin america are the most social continents in the world.
[8/4, 1:56 PM] Winston: Plus i have 38 hours of video to prove my claims. He has zero proof.
[8/4, 1:56 PM] Winston: He sounds very biased against Europe.
[8/4, 1:56 PM] Alex From Venice: yes, of course absolute claims are extreme and not realistic
[8/4, 1:56 PM] Winston: Especially since he doesnt know me. We only met briefly once.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



User avatar
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3391
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Re: Why do most people dislike Winston for no apparent reason? Especially in First World Countries?

Post by publicduende » August 4th, 2018, 8:42 am

Winston wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 8:28 am
See youre doing it again @publicduende. You are falsely assuming that all your claims are true. But in reality they are false.

You do not speak for all women in Europe. No man would claim that they represent all women in Europe. You have to let them speak for themselves. European women definitely do not have a hive mind. If you think that you must have never been to europe.

What's the point of offering you more proof? You just keep denying it because you only want to believe that im a loser like you. Well im not a loser like you. Speak for yourself.

You said you couldn't even get a girl in davao? In the easiest country in the world? Damn. You must really be a loser then. No guy i know would cry of loneliness in the Philippines. So u must be a loser. Dont speak for me dude. Speak for yourself. You really get off on bringing others down dont u? Thats very toxic.

A lot of guys here have a dark side. Not just you. This forum is full of toxic people.

I have a lot to offer. I made a list before. Remember? I got money, cute face, charm, knowledge, wisdom, a good vibe, great personality, charisma, soul, etc. I made a long list before of what i have to offer stupid. What do do you have? Im not a loser like you man. Stop bringing me down to your level asshole.

How can you say no girl 10 or 20 years younger than me in Europe will talk to me more than 5 minutes? You damage your credibility when you say that. Extreme statements are not true. Wanna bet 500 dollars on that and put your money where ur mouth is? Or are you chickenshit?

Why would anyone believe you? You arent credible. You have zero proof to back up anything you say. Why should anyone believe you? You offer only cynical words. Not truth. You make dubious claims and are not to be trusted. Everyone can see that.

You have a dark side and dark history. Ive heard inside information about your dark past in London and Davao. And the skeletons in your closet. You definitely have personality issues and problems and are the loser. Not me. I dont have any dark history like you. Stop projecting your loser status and insecurities onto me. Stop trying to drain me like a vampire. You are full of lies. All can see that. Your lies evaporate in the light of truth?

If i find girls in europe who talk to me longer than 5 minutes or have dinner and coffee with me, how much you pay me when you lose the bet? I asked you to apologize for your lies asshole, not for telling the truth. Even if i win the bet you still probably will not pay up or apologize. Thats the kind of asshole you are. You never admit when youre wrong. Even if i go to europe and prove it right now. I could go to ukraine right now and find a young date super easy. Will you bet 300 dollars that i cant?

Btw ukraine is in europe too stupid. And nikolaev where mark davis holds his social tour is only 16 dollars a night. What's 16 x 30? Do the math. Its far below 2000.

Btw not all european girl are as snobby and materialistic as you asshole. Youre a totally self righteous snob and prick and conceited and you falsely assume all women are like you. Thats not my experience. I have met many girls that are nothing like what you claim.

Maybe you are unlikable and have a dark soul. But not me. I am not like you at all.

Making extreme claims is a huge character flaw. Even rock does not do that. Thus you have a major character flaw.
You are beyond reprieve. I have a "dark past" in London because something terrible happened to me, to the hand of a Eastern European young woman, which is why I have grown distrustful about women from that part of the world. Not sure what my dark past in Davao is, apart from running and closing down a business.

If you knew the nature of my London vicissitudes, you would probably know I suffered a great deal. But I got back on my feet and gave mt life a new course, a new purpose. Sorry to sound arrogant, but that's what one would expect from a man. It's not about how many times you fall, but how many times you get back up.

That's what you seem absolutely incapable to absorb. That you have to change something within, not in your environment. Heaven forbids someone points out a few facts about a location (Europe) or yourself. If they don't comply fully with your vision of yourself and the world, insults and slander ensue.

For the record, it's not that I couldn't find a girl in Davao. I couldn't find the kind of girl I wanted to settle for. That is very, very different. We have very different tastes and expectation, so let's agree to disagree on this.

You seem to put Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Spain and Italy, all in the same cauldron. They might be all parts of the European continent, but they are very different parts of the world. You blur the kind of adventures you had over there 15 years ago with living long-term in one of the Western Europe cities, say, Madrid, in 2018.

If you go to Ukraine right now, with that attitude and those expectations, you will be literally eaten alive.

You call me an asshole and the loser. Fair enough, I started this fight so you're just retaliating. But worry not about me, I know how to take care of myself. How are you taking care of yourself?

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27730
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Why do most people dislike Winston for no apparent reason? Especially in First World Countries?

Post by Winston » August 4th, 2018, 8:54 am

Btw Publicduende. I dont need to have dates in europe. I am fine and happy just socializing in hostels with fellow backpackers and travelers at night in the common lounge area of the hostels. And in the day time visiting historical sites and museums and attractions by myself. I have a good time just doing that. And ive done that before and it was cool. Im not as needy as you with women you know. I can enjoy a trip without any dates too. So what is your problem with that if i am happy with that?

Plus in Europe every often when im in a restaurant alone people nearby will talk to me and ask me where im from and sometimes have a deep intelligent conversation too. Or even show me a magic trick like i showed everyone in my video in Latvia. Its not like America where no one in a restaurant talks to you if you're alone.

Go to europe sometime and you will see what i mean. Go eat alone in cafes and restaurants in europe and america and you will notice this difference i speak of. You talk as if you never been to Europe or are too f***ing snobby to be social and enjoy it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27730
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Why do most people dislike Winston for no apparent reason? Especially in First World Countries?

Post by Winston » August 4th, 2018, 9:07 am

Also i can tell you are a real snob @publicduende so you assume everyone else is too. Huge fallacy. You cannot connect or have a good time with common people like me and @ladislav can. Well too bad. Thats your personality defect if you cant chill with commoners or poor people and have fun. But thats YOUR problem man. Not everyone or every girl in Europe shares your snobby attitude fortunately. So keep that at home. Dont infect me with it please. Thanks.

Btw hostels are only 20 or 23 dollars a night in Europe. Some have private rooms too. If you times that by 30 thats about 600 dollars a month. Thats well under my budget. I pay that too in angeles city every month. Im not struggling financially like you. Why do you think i am? I told you i have a stable income. Why you keep forgetting that? Because you are a snob and want to down me? If so that's sick and pathetic. I dont like snobs or their attitude. Your attitude sucks. We dont mix well man. We got nothing in common. So stop giving me your useless toxic advice that does not apply to me or most european girls either. keep your filth to yourself please.

What if i hang out with non-snobs in europe who are cool and laid back, unlike you? Then everything you say wont apply right? Because ur experience all applies to snobs, not non-snobs. There are cool artsy hippies and spiritual types in europe too you know. Im surprised you dont know that. It sounds like you never been to Europe.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3391
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Re: Why do most people dislike Winston for no apparent reason? Especially in First World Countries?

Post by publicduende » August 4th, 2018, 9:16 am

Winston wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 8:54 am
Btw Publicduende. I dont need to have dates in europe. I am fine and happy just socializing in hostels with fellow backpackers and travelers at night in the common lounge area of the hostels. And in the day time visiting historical sites and museums and attractions by myself. I have a good time just doing that. And ive done that before and it was cool. Im not as needy as you with women you know. I can enjoy a trip without any dates too. So what is your problem with that if i am happy with that?

Plus in Europe every often when im in a restaurant alone people nearby will talk to me and ask me where im from and sometimes have a deep intelligent conversation too. Or even show me a magic trick like i showed everyone in my video in Latvia. Its not like America where no one in a restaurant talks to you if you're alone.

Go to europe sometime and you will see what i mean. Go eat alone in cafes and restaurants in europe and america and you will notice this difference i speak of. You talk as if you never been to Europe or are too f***ing snobby to be social and enjoy it.
I am not "f*cking snobby", I like to enjoy less than casual interactions. I maybe was a tourist in the Philippines the first time I was in Davao, in 2013. When I came back in 2015 my intention was to try and build meaningful relationships. Of course that was me and I can't expect that my solution will be a good fit with what you want from life.

But if truth be told, you're too old to behave like the happy-go-lucky hostel backpacker, feeding off transient interactions with random strangers whom you will probably never meet again. It's a lifestyle that's very wasteful in terms of time and resources. But if that's all you want to expect from life, then you can have this anywhere in the world, not just in Europe. Even in the US, if you just pretend you're not American.

I am not needy at all, in fact - unlike you - I am happy with one woman. Having a long-term relationship would help putting your life on a more stable track. But of course you will prefer roaming around, checking out this and that.

Yes, dude, it happened to me, it happens to me all the time, to join another solitary eater at a restaurant, or on a flight, and start a casual conversation. They're all pleasant moments that fill my idle time and theirs, so nothing wrong about that. But life should be more than just that. You insist on wanting to behave like some sort of "lifetime tourist" who wants to explore the world without making any life decision that's informed by those travel experiences.

Like I said before, and I say this with sadness, your bar is set so low that you can have whatever you want virtually anywhere in the world. Even in Angeles.

User avatar
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3391
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Re: Why do most people dislike Winston for no apparent reason? Especially in First World Countries?

Post by publicduende » August 4th, 2018, 9:21 am

Winston wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 9:07 am
Also i can tell you are a real snob @publicduende so you assume everyone else is too. Huge fallacy. You cannot connect or have a good time with common people like me and @ladislav can. Well too bad. Thats your personality defect if you cant chill with commoners or poor people and have fun. But thats YOUR problem man. Not everyone or every girl in Europe shares your snobby attitude fortunately. So keep that at home. Dont infect me with it please. Thanks.

Btw hostels are only 20 or 23 dollars a night in Europe. Some have private rooms too. If you times that by 30 thats about 600 dollars a month. Thats well under my budget. I pay that too in angeles city every month. Im not struggling financially like you. Why do you think i am? I told you i have a stable income. Why you keep forgetting that? Because you are a snob and want to down me? If so that's sick and pathetic. I dont like snobs or their attitude. Your attitude sucks. We dont mix well man. We got nothing in common. So stop giving me your useless toxic advice that does not apply to me or most european girls either. keep your filth to yourself please.

What if i hang out with non-snobs in europe who are cool and laid back, unlike you? Then everything you say wont apply right? Because ur experience all applies to snobs, not non-snobs. There are cool artsy hippies and spiritual types in europe too you know. Im surprised you dont know that. It sounds like you never been to Europe.
I am not a snob, I have friends and acquaintances from all walks of life. I have just learned, the hard way, to stay away from modest status Filipinos because those are, statistically at least, more prone to stick around for favours and try and take advantage of us foreigners.

Maybe it's you who cannot connect with any decent, adult member of society because they feel there's something dysfunctional with you.

So stop portraying yourself like Robin Hood, because it doesn't stick.

Anyway, by now I understand that whatever rocks your boat and perpetuates your narrative, you will pursue. Live happy in your pond and believe everybody else outside is evil and ill-intentioned. Good luck with your up and coming trip to Europe.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27730
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Why do most people dislike Winston for no apparent reason? Especially in First World Countries?

Post by Winston » August 4th, 2018, 9:28 am

Also in europe you dont have to make an overt effort to meet people. It happens naturally and with the flow. All u have to do is your thing. And people will talk to u naturally, just like u see in the movies. Trust me on that. Its not what Publicduende says at all. Ill bet 500 dollars on it cause i know hes wrong. Promise.

Btw if push came to shove i could go to a clothing store and buy a blazer jacket and nice business attire and look like some business traveler from asia or japan. Plus european climate is colder so you can dress up like that. Lol. But dude. Im not a snob or social climber so i doubt that i will ever have to resort to that. But if i had to i could of course.

However I'd rather dress up like a european man from the 1700s or 1800s. Im a Victorian era history buff. So thats my style and what fits my soul most. Lol. Not jeans and t shirt.

I am an old soul with many past lives in europe. Publicduende is a baby soul who just arrived on earth and knows nothing about life or history or people yet. He's just a baby and should be treated like one. Lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27730
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Why do most people dislike Winston for no apparent reason? Especially in First World Countries?

Post by Winston » August 4th, 2018, 9:38 am

Publicduende:

"But if truth be told, you're too old to behave like the happy-go-lucky hostel backpacker, feeding off transient interactions with random strangers whom you will probably never meet again. It's a lifestyle that's very wasteful in terms of time and resources. But if that's all you want to expect from life, then you can have this anywhere in the world, not just in Europe. Even in the US, if you just pretend you're not American."

Not true. I tried to stay in hostels in the US and pretended to be an Asian tourist. Its not as fun or meaningful. The backpackers in Russia are the most deep freethinkers i ever met. Russia draws such types.

That is your opinion that i am too old to be a carefree backpacker. Age is just a number and you are only as old as you feel. Ask any freespirit or hippie. They will agree. Your mind is too rigid like Asians. No wonder you fit better in Asia. You are more Asian than European and i am more European than you it seems. Ive seen Europeans older than me still backpacking and traveling. Ive seen elderly Europeans backpacking too. Even in their 60s and 70s. They arent so uptight like you about it.

Why you so judgmental? Most Europeans i know arent anywhere as judgmental as you. Thats not cool man. Cool people dont judge like that. You are not a freespirit. So please agree to disagree. Your advice does not apply to me or other freespirits or freethinkers. I prefer more open minded people.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27730
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Why do most people dislike Winston for no apparent reason? Especially in First World Countries?

Post by Winston » August 4th, 2018, 9:52 am

Btw ive met plenty of backpackers in hostels more than once. They have invited me to their homes before. When i visit their area they usually invite me over. And they keep in touch by email too. Some of them. So its not all superficial or transient.

I met James for instance, a British Australian man in Lithuania, who later invited me to stay at his house in Olsztyn, Poland. I took him up on his offer and stayed with him a few days. He was very authentic and deep and soulful. Like a man from the 1970s.

I even know some taiwanese girls from couchsurfing that ive met about 5 or 6 times. Not just once.

So no they are not all just one time meetings. Again i have a lot of social experience. More than you it seems. For every label you slap onto me there are always exceptions. The universe likes to show you that your labels are wrong by showing you exceptions to them. You should go with the flow. Not slap labels onto everything. Study some zen and taoism. You shallow jerk.

Every general rule has exceptions. And no my experience does not match what u describe at all. So far u have given me 0.00 evidence to support your extreme pessimistic claims. Which are a reflection of your dark soul. Not of reality.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2457
Joined: August 25th, 2011, 10:18 am

Re: Why do most people dislike Winston for no apparent reason? Especially in First World Countries?

Post by eurobrat » August 4th, 2018, 11:09 am

Winston you're more than welcome to try Europe again; hell I'll even meet up with you wherever for a few dirty gin martinis and some craic.

We are just simply warning you that Europe has changed since you were last here and your experiences are based upon travelling memories not actually living here...

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27730
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Why do most people dislike Winston for no apparent reason? Especially in First World Countries?

Post by Winston » August 4th, 2018, 12:42 pm

eurobrat wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 11:09 am
Winston you're more than welcome to try Europe again; hell I'll even meet up with you wherever for a few dirty gin martinis and some craic.

We are just simply warning you that Europe has changed since you were last here and your experiences are based upon travelling memories not actually living here...
Dude. First of all you were not in europe in 2005. So you have no yardstick to compare it to.

Second even if europe is less friendly than before that doesnt mean that Publicduende or you can speak for all the women on the whole continent. Come on man. That's ridiculous and you know it. A man can only speak for himself. Nothing more. He cannot even speak for other men, let alone all the women on an entire continent. So get real man. The women of europe did not appoint you or him as their representative. Do you understand?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

gsjackson
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2231
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Contact:

Re: Why do most people dislike Winston for no apparent reason? Especially in First World Countries?

Post by gsjackson » August 4th, 2018, 1:35 pm

publicduende wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 7:57 am
gsjackson wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 7:46 am
Well, since I believe that you, like public duende, are a man of good will and fundamentally honest, it would be some combination of 1 and 2. I form these opinions about both of you from years of reading your posts. Yeah, he's laying a downer on you, but try to put it in the proper comical perspective and recall when he laid the same downer on himself. Oh how he cried and cried about the sheer, utter impossibility of finding a relationship with a suitable young woman in the Phils -- until he found one. He was utterly inconsolable, would accept no advice or encouragement.

Just remember that's what family members are for -- to squash your hopes and dreams. Lighten up -- pd doesn't know what will befall you in Europe, and neither do you. But bon voyage when you do shove off.
Exactly my point Jackson. I was at a turning point in my life, I needed to introspect and sought advice from you guys. I found my answers and now I am in a better position. Of course I did appreciate every bit of advice and encouragement I could get, including from you.

Why can't Winston be put under the same process and come out clearer on the other side?
Yes, but your position then was what you are trying to lay on Winston now -- that social status is completely determinative of relational experiences. Why don't you ask C if your social status was the thing that attracted her to you. You maintain now that she genuinely loves you. Is that because of your social status?

I suppose every man must encounter manhood-defining, come-to-Jesus moments, or at least that's what the culture has always taught us. But maybe for some men that moment involves killing the little bitch inside their heads that keeps calling them losers, and ignoring people who echo the accusation. The Success Bitch is completely implacable, you know, never satisfied. What you say to Winston resonates with me, as I'm sure it does with everyone who reads it. It is a message the culture continuously sends us.

As is the following, almost a cliche now: "Wherever you go, there you are." But understand that this message, which Winston has received from many posters here over the years, is a direct contradiction of the premise of this website, which is that in some places you're more fully human, more yourself, than in others. What might be called the geography cure may ultimately be quackery, but damn, shouldn't at least one person be pursuing it, if only for the sake of pushing the frontiers of human knowledge? And shouldn't that one be the guy who started the website, Dear Leader himself?

User avatar
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3391
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Re: Why do most people dislike Winston for no apparent reason? Especially in First World Countries?

Post by publicduende » August 5th, 2018, 3:49 am

gsjackson wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 1:35 pm
Yes, but your position then was what you are trying to lay on Winston now -- that social status is completely determinative of relational experiences. Why don't you ask C if your social status was the thing that attracted her to you. You maintain now that she genuinely loves you. Is that because of your social status?
Not really. By "social status" I didn't mean "high social status". I just meant projecting the image of a decent person engaged in a legitimate activity in the Philippines. Believe me, if I had a 250 sqm condo in Rockwell and drove two Ferraris at the same time, C would have loved me no more, no less.

My original advice to Winston was simply to start acting like a man his age, and not some cheap-thrill-loving Peter Pan, and turn up to social events around Manila or even the Clark area itself, where he can find the kind of smart, classy single women he is complaining he's not finding over here and think he will find aplenty in Europe. He is better off here, just not in the seedy Angeles City environ. That was all.

Then the Europe advice thing came up and I must have p*ssed on his gran narrative of him being an old soul spiritually closer to the old world. If he moved to Eastern Europe now, he would have nothing more than a few passing "his" and "byes". He will find it really hard to forge any lasting friendships, let alone a romantic relationship, with any of the hot girls 20 years his junior he is daydreaming of.

At best, he will continue to roam hostels and short-time hotels and be happy about whatever deep, intellectual conversation he might get from fellow backpackers. If that is what rocks his boat and where he wants to put his time and money, he can be my guest.

This is the bare truth, and it's a truth he won't accept. He is a 40+-yo man, it shows indeed (unless he starts taking care of himself), and it's about time the HA narrative is replaced by a honest look at reality.
gsjackson wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 1:35 pm
I suppose every man must encounter manhood-defining, come-to-Jesus moments, or at least that's what the culture has always taught us. But maybe for some men that moment involves killing the little bitch inside their heads that keeps calling them losers, and ignoring people who echo the accusation. The Success Bitch is completely implacable, you know, never satisfied. What you say to Winston resonates with me, as I'm sure it does with everyone who reads it. It is a message the culture continuously sends us.

As is the following, almost a cliche now: "Wherever you go, there you are." But understand that this message, which Winston has received from many posters here over the years, is a direct contradiction of the premise of this website, which is that in some places you're more fully human, more yourself, than in others. What might be called the geography cure may ultimately be quackery, but damn, shouldn't at least one person be pursuing it, if only for the sake of pushing the frontiers of human knowledge? And shouldn't that one be the guy who started the website, Dear Leader himself?
I called him loser and then, on the same post, I said I am sorry, I said it's a transient state and even apologise. Nobody wants to be called a loser, however what I found on this forum is excessive indulgence towards his shenanigans. If any of us were a true friend of his, he would for sure encourage him to pursue his dreams of happiness and sexual bliss, yet remind - starkly and painfully at times - that he cannot have a cake and eat it.

Either he goes on with his happy-go-lucky, fun-loving whoremonger persona and he accepts being an outcast for everybody else outside the restricted circle of this forum and a few of his foreign buddies in AC. Or he follows what I feel is a genuine cal towards higher levels of intellect and spirituality and looks for better people, and possibly a single, better woman who can give him all he wants.

From what I gathered talking to him directly, he is genuinely looking for the above. His action and resolve, though, betray his willingness to continue on the path he is on now. At the tail end of this sorry, insult-laden thread, I conclude he will never change and will always complain.

I have never been against the HA predicament, I am myself benefiting from him now and can say I wouldn't have even tried it if I hadn't discovered this forum. All I am suggesting is we all behave like adults and do what is in tune with our spirit. If Winston keeps beating the drum on how intellectual and spiritual and high-class he is and then shows off videos of prostitutes or near-prostitutes as if they were the proof of such great charm and success, don't you see the big cognitive dissonance?

gsjackson
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2231
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Contact:

Re: Why do most people dislike Winston for no apparent reason? Especially in First World Countries?

Post by gsjackson » August 5th, 2018, 4:50 am

publicduende wrote:
August 5th, 2018, 3:49 am
gsjackson wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 1:35 pm
Yes, but your position then was what you are trying to lay on Winston now -- that social status is completely determinative of relational experiences. Why don't you ask C if your social status was the thing that attracted her to you. You maintain now that she genuinely loves you. Is that because of your social status?
Not really. By "social status" I didn't mean "high social status". I just meant projecting the image of a decent person engaged in a legitimate activity in the Philippines. Believe me, if I had a 250 sqm condo in Rockwell and drove two Ferraris at the same time, C would have loved me no more, no less.

My original advice to Winston was simply to start acting like a man his age, and not some cheap-thrill-loving Peter Pan, and turn up to social events around Manila or even the Clark area itself, where he can find the kind of smart, classy single women he is complaining he's not finding over here and think he will find aplenty in Europe. He is better off here, just not in the seedy Angeles City environ. That was all.

Then the Europe advice thing came up and I must have p*ssed on his gran narrative of him being an old soul spiritually closer to the old world. If he moved to Eastern Europe now, he would have nothing more than a few passing "his" and "byes". He will find it really hard to forge any lasting friendships, let alone a romantic relationship, with any of the hot girls 20 years his junior he is daydreaming of.

At best, he will continue to roam hostels and short-time hotels and be happy about whatever deep, intellectual conversation he might get from fellow backpackers. If that is what rocks his boat and where he wants to put his time and money, he can be my guest.

This is the bare truth, and it's a truth he won't accept. He is a 40+-yo man, it shows indeed (unless he starts taking care of himself), and it's about time the HA narrative is replaced by a honest look at reality.
gsjackson wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 1:35 pm
I suppose every man must encounter manhood-defining, come-to-Jesus moments, or at least that's what the culture has always taught us. But maybe for some men that moment involves killing the little bitch inside their heads that keeps calling them losers, and ignoring people who echo the accusation. The Success Bitch is completely implacable, you know, never satisfied. What you say to Winston resonates with me, as I'm sure it does with everyone who reads it. It is a message the culture continuously sends us.

As is the following, almost a cliche now: "Wherever you go, there you are." But understand that this message, which Winston has received from many posters here over the years, is a direct contradiction of the premise of this website, which is that in some places you're more fully human, more yourself, than in others. What might be called the geography cure may ultimately be quackery, but damn, shouldn't at least one person be pursuing it, if only for the sake of pushing the frontiers of human knowledge? And shouldn't that one be the guy who started the website, Dear Leader himself?
I called him loser and then, on the same post, I said I am sorry, I said it's a transient state and even apologise. Nobody wants to be called a loser, however what I found on this forum is excessive indulgence towards his shenanigans. If any of us were a true friend of his, he would for sure encourage him to pursue his dreams of happiness and sexual bliss, yet remind - starkly and painfully at times - that he cannot have a cake and eat it.

Either he goes on with his happy-go-lucky, fun-loving whoremonger persona and he accepts being an outcast for everybody else outside the restricted circle of this forum and a few of his foreign buddies in AC. Or he follows what I feel is a genuine cal towards higher levels of intellect and spirituality and looks for better people, and possibly a single, better woman who can give him all he wants.

From what I gathered talking to him directly, he is genuinely looking for the above. His action and resolve, though, betray his willingness to continue on the path he is on now. At the tail end of this sorry, insult-laden thread, I conclude he will never change and will always complain.

I have never been against the HA predicament, I am myself benefiting from him now and can say I wouldn't have even tried it if I hadn't discovered this forum. All I am suggesting is we all behave like adults and do what is in tune with our spirit. If Winston keeps beating the drum on how intellectual and spiritual and high-class he is and then shows off videos of prostitutes or near-prostitutes as if they were the proof of such great charm and success, don't you see the big cognitive dissonance?
"Projecting the image of a decent person engaged in a legitimate activity" sounds very much like scrupulous attention to social status and what other people think of you. There are many women who prefer men who have killed or never had that scolding little bitch inside the head. Winston is trying to live from inspiration rather than continually responding to the "should" bitch -- sort of like the "love" of the New Testament superseding and supplanting the "law" of the Old testament. It's not easy to do -- for one reason, people bound by the shoulds will always try to bring you down.

And honestly, if Winston were concerned about social status I don't see where he falls so short in that department. He's transparently a decent person in terms of how he treats others (unless you contradict him on his website), he manages his money prudently and has enough to mostly do what he wants. Not so many people have traditional "jobs" now, and like many of them, including you recently, Winston is an entrepreneur. Unlike most of them, his venture centers around a large and possibly important concept. If he doesn't try to milk all the money out of it that he can, that's his choice to put his attention and efforts where he sees fit. One thing he should be doing for the business, imo, is traveling around and testing his hypotheses -- with, of course, the proper scientific attitude of being prepared to revise or abandon such hypotheses as needed. But not on the say-so of one person.

Cognitive dissonance in this case is just another way of saying he's still young enough that he needs -- biologically needs -- to get laid with whatever means are available. Winston can have a social tin ear at times, and the hookers on the site seem a jarring note (one thing I'll give Roosh's site is that if you even mention mongering you're gone; if the idea is personal development mongering is clearly at cross purposes -- usually). If you've got to use hookers, I'd think you'd want to keep that to yourself.

User avatar
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3391
Joined: November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Re: Why do most people dislike Winston for no apparent reason? Especially in First World Countries?

Post by publicduende » August 5th, 2018, 5:29 am

gsjackson wrote:
August 5th, 2018, 4:50 am
"Projecting the image of a decent person engaged in a legitimate activity" sounds very much like scrupulous attention to social status and what other people think of you. There are many women who prefer men who have killed or never had that scolding little bitch inside the head. Winston is trying to live from inspiration rather than continually responding to the "should" bitch -- sort of like the "love" of the New Testament superseding and supplanting the "law" of the Old testament. It's not easy to do -- for one reason, people bound by the shoulds will always try to bring you down.
Women prefer men who have that special confidence that stems from "having their act together". Whatever the act is. I don't think one has to be necessarily "high social status" to project the image of a decent man. The irony is that Winston already has that image with him: he's a good talker, he likes to be the soul of the party.

He just needs a (female) audience. The hoe-dom in AC is not the kind of audience who will understand or appreciate his qualities. Those girls just want a quick transaction so they can move to the next sucker.
gsjackson wrote:
August 5th, 2018, 4:50 am
And honestly, if Winston were concerned about social status I don't see where he falls so short in that department. He's transparently a decent person in terms of how he treats others (unless you contradict him on his website), he manages his money prudently and has enough to mostly do what he wants. Not so many people have traditional "jobs" now, and like many of them, including you recently, Winston is an entrepreneur. Unlike most of them, his venture centers around a large and possibly important concept. If he doesn't try to milk all the money out of it that he can, that's his choice to put his attention and efforts where he sees fit. One thing he should be doing for the business, imo, is traveling around and testing his hypotheses -- with, of course, the proper scientific attitude of being prepared to revise or abandon such hypotheses as needed. But not on the say-so of one person.
I agree. See above.
gsjackson wrote:
August 5th, 2018, 4:50 am
Cognitive dissonance in this case is just another way of saying he's still young enough that he needs -- biologically needs -- to get laid with whatever means are available. Winston can have a social tin ear at times, and the hookers on the site seem a jarring note (one thing I'll give Roosh's site is that if you even mention mongering you're gone; if the idea is personal development mongering is clearly at cross purposes -- usually). If you've got to use hookers, I'd think you'd want to keep that to yourself.
Nothing wrong having needs, especially if you're single and ready to mingle. My point/advice was more on "who" he should be mingling with. No point going with the lowest common denominator or humanity and complain they're not up to the intellectual standard of a decent conversation.

You saw his videos, right. Those girls do not have a clue what Winston's inner life is. They just stand there, sometimes staring in the air, sometimes staring at him.

Like all men, I think Winston needs someone who can make him feel special not just by rubbing shoulders (and something else) with him, but also engaging with him in a "meeting of minds".

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Questions and Advice”