Am I experiencing dementia or is it the Angeles environment?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Am I experiencing dementia or is it the Angeles environment?

Post by Winston »

Dear all,

For the past few weeks, I feel like my mind is rotting. I've been suffering from memory problems, an inability to think clearly, and temporary headaches. I often feel like a vegetable and can't get anything done. And I feel lazy like wanting to procrastinate, taking the path of least resistance, not motivated to do anything, etc. even though deep down I hate being that way. My brain seems to be vegetating like I can't think or organize anything. I even make more typing mistakes than usual. Even when I take out a notepad to jot down something on my to do list, as soon as I about to write it, I forget what I was going to write! It's so annoying. And when I walk into a room, I sometimes forget why I went in there. It's like my mind wanders and thinks about something else, and then I forget what I was about to do! It's irritating. But hard to control. I had this problem frequently in school, so I think I had ADD.

I don't know what it is that's causing this. But there are several possibilities I can think of:

1) The noisy dirty filthy smelly unpeaceful environment of Angeles City, which is non-conducive to any kind of spiritual life. My advisor said it might cause lead poisoning, but I'm not sure if it can be that bad. Nevertheless, I live in a standard Filipino style neighborhood, not a clean safely guarded complex where most expats live. But I rarely go out anyway, since I can't go to anymore bars, so the pollution shouldn't be affecting me as much. However, all kinds of strange dust and dirt find their way into my room, even though all the windows are shut. I don't know why. I have to sweep my room practically every single day.

2) Too much time on the computer, many hours a day, is causing strain on my head and mind.

3) Early signs of dementia. But is that possible at 35? Don't you have to be over 50 to start experiencing that?

4) My ADD, which I've had since childhood. I've always had a wandering mind that could not concentrate very long on something I didn't like. That's why I got bad grades in school, as I had trouble listening to teachers during lectures, memorizing notes or retaining info for tests. I just could not control my concentration or memorize things. Even if I sat for hours trying to study, I wouldn't retain anything, especially in classes that involved memorizing a lot of tedious details, like biology.

5) Maybe the low proximity of power lines and phone lines above my apartment, which is common in Filipino neighborhoods, is causing my headaches and produces strange effects on my physiology? I know that US government studies concluded that power lines are not dangerous to your health, but these are Filipino power lines and I'm not sure if they are the same as the ones in the US.

Nevertheless, there does seem to be something strange in my apartment. Me and my girlfriend constantly feel tired and drowsy here, and I get strange headaches randomly. And when our baby is here, he cries frequently and sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night screaming loudly and suddenly for no reason. But Dianne says that in her mom's house, our baby almost never cries the way he does here. So I'm not sure if it's some kind of curse, bad energy field, or effect from the low power lines. There was one trike driver nearby who said that someone was murdered here in this apartment once, but the owner of this apartment and the neighbor denied it and said they never heard of it. I don't know if they were covering up or not. But the neighbor did seem honest and said he has lived in this area for many years. (Don't you hate when something is strange and you can't trace the cause?)

What do you think? Is there anything in the Philippines that does this to you? Have you ever felt like you rmind or memory was rotting here? Is it the environment? Or some conspiracy by the elite to keep the population down and dumb? Or a combination of the above? Any idea?

What I don't get is how the other foreign expats here in AC do not mind the polluted filthy air and nasty smells and streets every day. They seem to be able to tolerate it everyday with no problem. Am I too sensitive? Why am I the only one?

I think I need a vacation. I've been here for two years without going somewhere nice and quiet, except to Baguio a few times. We are going to the beach or mountains to experience somwehere more quiet and clean. I'll see if that helps my memory and mind problems, Any suggestions?

The problem is that Dianne won't let me go anywhere alone. She is extremely possessive, more so than the typical Filipina. But if she goes on vacation with me, it won't be more than one day until she misses our baby and needs to go back to see him. Hence, a catch 22.

Sometimes, you can't please everyone.
Last edited by Winston on October 17th, 2008, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Maybe it's a combination of those things. Taking vitamins is a good idea as welll as omega 3 oil (which you can find at health food stores, in salmon oil and fish oil). Exercising always is good for a persons physical health and mental health. Breathing in polluted air is never good for a person. Maybe a relocation to a new area would be a good idea.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Good idea. I just went swimming today in a quiet area with trees for a few hours and I feel a lot better now.

I rarely go out of the house though. But even in the house, it feels weird. I'm not sure if it's haunted or cursed here, or the low power lines, causing the strange feelings and vibes. My girlfriend also notices that something is strange here in my apartment too. We both noticed that we always feel tired and groggy here, and get strange headaches sometimes too. Even our baby acts strange when he's here. He cries a lot more and sometimes screams in pain in the middle of the night, for no discernible reason, as though something were bothering him, whereas when he is at Dianne's family's house, he rarely cries or complains.

It's kind of creepy sometimes. Since we blessed this apartment though, there's been no more haunted activity though.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi folks,
Check out where I'm going soon for vacation. It's a nice mountain town north of here with caves and waterfalls. Check out this nice site about it. It has definitel sold me!

http://www.visitsagada.com

Oh and check out how cheap things are there. You can get a hotel for $5 a night and go on a guided tour of the caves and waterfalls for a few dollars!

http://www.visitsagada.com/2008/05/25/sagada-budget/

Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Its possible you could be getting attacked by your neighbors by an inexpensive microwave weapon. Here is one being made on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmWu31eccY0

Here are the symptoms of microwave sickness.

A specific symptomatology, linked to radar exposure at low levels of RF, has been termed "microwave sickness" or "RF syndrome." (Johnson-Liakouris, 1998) With few exceptions, functional disturbances of the central nervous system have been typically described as a kind of radiowave sickness, neurasthenic or asthenic syndrome. Symptoms and signs include headache, fatigue, irritability, loss of appetite, sleepiness, difficulties in concentration or memory, depression, and emotional instability. This clinical syndrome is generally reversible if RF exposure is discontinued."

Here is the device you use to detect microwaves around you, very cheap as well.

https://secure.demonweb.co.uk/spcom-dwh ... NVIRONMENT

Here is me recording what could be my neighbor attacking me with a microwave weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LAwOlkPXSQ
Sonic Monkey
Freshman Poster

Post by Sonic Monkey »

I don't think it is power lines, though they can affect health.

It may be lead poisoning or a nutrient deficiency. From the symptoms, I would suggest an iron deficiency or an underactive thyroid. Also, are you eating a lot of carbs or fatty foods? Many people are sluggish on this type of diet. I suggest having your blood tested for lead and for vitamin deficiencies.

Some babies don't like new environments. If Angelo is used to Dianne's place, the new environment may be what is causing his cries. Or maybe something is biting him in the night. Have you checked for insect bites?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Sonic Monkey wrote:I don't think it is power lines, though they can affect health.

It may be lead poisoning or a nutrient deficiency. From the symptoms, I would suggest an iron deficiency or an underactive thyroid. Also, are you eating a lot of carbs or fatty foods? Many people are sluggish on this type of diet. I suggest having your blood tested for lead and for vitamin deficiencies.

Some babies don't like new environments. If Angelo is used to Dianne's place, the new environment may be what is causing his cries. Or maybe something is biting him in the night. Have you checked for insect bites?
W: Hi Sonic Monkey, yeah the power line danger connection has been shown to be either weak or nonexistent by most studies. I do eat a lot of carbs, popcorn, bread, rice, etc. And that's why I'm fat even though I'm a vegetarian.

I will try to get tested for lead next time.

Well the thing is, the baby has been here many times and still isn't comfortable and wasn't comfortable the first time, yet he was comfortable at the parent's house in the beginning without any adjustment phase. So it might be a preference or he could be sensitive to things like power lines. There were bed bugs here before, but not anymore.