Any Suggestions?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
miles_ahead
Freshman Poster

Any Suggestions?

Post by miles_ahead »

Well i got some vacation time coming up in late Novermber(about 2 weeks and change)I know its not alot of time but its all i got now, and I really want to go somewhere but i don't know where to go and spend my time and depreciating dollars. I was thinking Canada but it'll be pretty much like The US (conceited women and antisocial environment) or Latin America (I am of central american decent) So i'd like to go to South America, but i don't know anybody there or where to go. I've never left the Matrix that is Los Angeles and im dying to get out of the bubble for two weeks and see what the real world is like. Do you fine gentlemen have any suggestions? I have budgeted about 1K for Air fare and 1K for expenses, so im hoping to get more, but i'd like to get some input from the more traveled members on here.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Any Sugestions?

Post by momopi »

miles_ahead wrote:Well i got some vacation time coming up in late Novermber(about 2 weeks and change)I know its not alot of time but its all i got now, and I really want to go somewhere but i don't know where to go and spend my time and depreciating dollars. I was thinking Canada but it'll be pretty much like The US (conceited women and antisocial environment) or Latin America (I am of central American decent) So i'd like to go to South America, but i don't know anybody there or where to go. I've never left the Matrix that is Los Angeles and im dying to get out of the bubble for two weeks and see what the real world is like. Do you fine gentlemen have any suggestions? I have budgeted about 1K for Air fare and 1K for expenses, so im hoping to get more, but i'd like to get some input from the more traveled members on here.
Vancouver is a beautiful place and only 3 hour flight.

The cheapest would be to Mexico, flights to central America is actually kinda expensive.

You might be able to do Philippines on your budget. There are many Philippino markets and shops around Los Angeles, find one and check the magazines and ad flyers there for round trip flight deals from LAX to Manila. Book mid-week for better prices. Winston can probably give you better suggestions on where to go in PH.

For less than $2k you can also book packaged tours. Check your local travel agency for deals.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well amazingly, while researching rates and fares to the Philippines, I found out that flying to Manila from Los Angeles is actually cheaper than flying there from Hawaii, even though Hawaii is half the distance to Manila that LA is! Odd huh?

I did find some really cheap 600 dollar deals from LA to Manila round trip before, but they were probably highly conditional.

Anyhow, I am selling airline fares now as an affiliate through this site, so if you click the Vayama banner link at the top of the forum page, you will get to a page where you can search airfare rates from many airlines all at once. The rates seemed pretty decent when I tried them out. So see what you can find.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
miles_ahead
Freshman Poster

Post by miles_ahead »

Hey Winston I checked out the Vayama link and expedia air fair is a liitle under 1K with asian airlines and they all exchange planes in Korea. So that leaves me with another 1K for hotel+expenses, where would you suggest is a good place to stay in that kind of budget, Manila, Cebu, Angeles. I guess i'd like to stay close to the playground as much as possible and would you be able to steer me in the right dirrection if i do decide to make this trip? I've never done international travel before especially to an asian country, but from your posts PH sounds like a great place for a guy to go and have fun.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

miles_ahead wrote:Hey Winston I checked out the Vayama link and expedia air fair is a liitle under 1K with asian airlines and they all exchange planes in Korea. So that leaves me with another 1K for hotel+expenses, where would you suggest is a good place to stay in that kind of budget, Manila, Cebu, Angeles. I guess i'd like to stay close to the playground as much as possible and would you be able to steer me in the right dirrection if i do decide to make this trip? I've never done international travel before especially to an asian country, but from your posts PH sounds like a great place for a guy to go and have fun.
W: Hi Miles Ahead, do you mean Vayama gives rates from Expedia as well? Wow.

Anyhow, where will you be flying from exactly?

If you're coming for only two weeks, then $1k is plenty and more than enough, I think, as long as you don't get ripped off.

Manila, Angeles and Cebu all have bars. Angeles is the cheapest in terms of hotels and girls, but Manila has hotter girls. I haven't been to Cebu yet, but Mr S has and he can tell you about that area.

Are you here primarily for the girls or just for the innocent good two shoes backpacking experience that Lonely Planet is geared toward? lol j/k

Anyhow, the hotels here in Angeles are mostly around 1000p per night. Right now the dollar is at 1 per 49.6 pesos, so 1000p is around 20 dollars. So if you're staying here two weeks, that's around 280 dollars total for the hotel bill. Meals are between $2 and $5 depending on what and where you eat.

So if you have $1000 for the trip, that should be plenty.

Barfines for the girls are 1200p, but they might have gone up a little.

If you come to Angeles, I can try to show you around, if Dianne lets me that is.

Any other questions, let me know.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I did not know anyone in any places I went to. But you should go to Colombia, Panama and Brazil. Try Costa Rica, too.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!