Ask Winston Q&A: Post questions for Winston here

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jonny Law wrote:Sir Winston...

Do you know where to get the best ticket prices for flights to the Philippines?

Can you help me with posting opinion surveys and posts on your great site?
The cheapest airfare site I know of is at:

http://www.bt-store.com

How do you want me to help you post opinion surveys? If you want to post a poll, select the poll option at the bottom of the post form and then fill out the poll questions and options, clicking "Update" next to each one, and then hit "Submit".

Thanks for paying respect to me by calling me "Sir". lol. I am an English nobleman and aristocrat at heart after all. lol.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
The
Junior Poster

Re: Post questions for Winston here

Post by The »

What happened to the old quote on the top of the forum page that "the forum is run on free speech, free from political correctness'"?

Are you falling prey to political correctness too?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The wrote:What happened to the old quote on the top of the forum page that "the forum is run on free speech, free from political correctness'"?

Are you falling prey to political correctness too?
Of course not. We don't need that quote. It's self-explanatory once u read the forum. The red text detracts from the forum colors.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Dear Sir Winston,

How much is it costing you to go on your trip?

For me it costs on average $3,000. Do you have any advice for saving money?

SeriousNomad
Freshman Poster

Post by SeriousNomad »

Winston hello -
I've been a regular reader of yours for some time now, enjoying your journey through life, and hence I have a question for you along religious and spiritual lines.

I am inclined to agree with your position on spirituality, and would appreciate your take on suicide. The reason I ask is because a friend of mine recently took his life because he felt had no place in today's World. Though he was 50, he was in excellent health, decent looking. He just felt obsolete, as well not economically viable, and hence he called it quits. His decision had nothing to do with women; but even that is beside the point.

I too have read about near death experiences (NDE) and out of body experiences (OBE) but have never had any myself. That said, I do think there is something beyond the physical / biological life, but does one have a different fate if one self-terminates his life? In your opinion, Winston, what happens to someone who commits suicide?

Thank you in advance for your reply.
regards,
S
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jonny Law wrote:Dear Sir Winston,

How much is it costing you to go on your trip?

For me it costs on average $3,000. Do you have any advice for saving money?

Which trip? It all depends. To save money you use public transportation and stay in hostels and budget hotels and use couchsurfing. Get one of those "country name" on a shoestring guides.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

SeriousNomad wrote:Winston hello -
I've been a regular reader of yours for some time now, enjoying your journey through life, and hence I have a question for you along religious and spiritual lines.

I am inclined to agree with your position on spirituality, and would appreciate your take on suicide. The reason I ask is because a friend of mine recently took his life because he felt had no place in today's World. Though he was 50, he was in excellent health, decent looking. He just felt obsolete, as well not economically viable, and hence he called it quits. His decision had nothing to do with women; but even that is beside the point.

I too have read about near death experiences (NDE) and out of body experiences (OBE) but have never had any myself. That said, I do think there is something beyond the physical / biological life, but does one have a different fate if one self-terminates his life? In your opinion, Winston, what happens to someone who commits suicide?

Thank you in advance for your reply.
regards,
S
Honestly, I don't know. Condolences about your friend. You should have introduced him to our movement.

There are many good books on near death experiences that address what happens with suicides. You can look those up. Also check the biggest NDE website at http://www.nderf.org

I could tell you all the theories out there but if I did I would just be passing on what I heard.

Basically what NDE researchers say is that the suicide goes to a purgatory where he suffers the error of his ways and then regrets it, and then comes back to earth in another incarnation to learn his lessons again which he or she tried to escape from.

SeriousNomad
Freshman Poster

Post by SeriousNomad »

"Basically what NDE researchers say is that the suicide goes to a purgatory where he suffers the error of his ways and then regrets it, and then comes back to earth in another incarnation to learn his lessons again which he or she tried to escape from."

Hi Winston, thanks for weighing in. I too hear this (above) aboutgoingto purgatory after suicide, but this sounds like manipulation tactics that one would read in the Bible. So I'm skeptical of such an assertion made by that NDE group. What comes to my mind then is what 'defines' suicide? Intentionally terminating ones life is probably most definitive. But what about someone who lives life recklessly and does things like heavy use of drug abuse, smoking and other activities that bring about early death? And if that be the case where does one draw the line to what constitutes suicide. My point being, and I'm speaking rhetorically, that none of us ask to be born, so if one chooses to end his life how can one be condemned? It's as if the same guilt tactic is being used, in the same way a Christian is made to feel guilty for existing. The Schopenhauer quote comes to my mind and I have a variation of it that says "What crime did a newly born infant boy commit to have the sentence of Human life handed down to him?"
SeriousNomad
Freshman Poster

Post by SeriousNomad »

Condolences about your friend. You should have introduced him to our movement
I did, and he thought it was bullshit. Perhaps it was his state of mind. My respect for you comes from your writings and observations of life and people.

That said, regarding suicide, if purgatory befalls someone who commits suicide, dont you think that is unjust fate for someone when we are not given a manual , or the rules and object to the game of life are not clearly written out?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

SeriousNomad wrote:"Basically what NDE researchers say is that the suicide goes to a purgatory where he suffers the error of his ways and then regrets it, and then comes back to earth in another incarnation to learn his lessons again which he or she tried to escape from."

Hi Winston, thanks for weighing in. I too hear this (above) aboutgoingto purgatory after suicide, but this sounds like manipulation tactics that one would read in the Bible. So I'm skeptical of such an assertion made by that NDE group. What comes to my mind then is what 'defines' suicide? Intentionally terminating ones life is probably most definitive. But what about someone who lives life recklessly and does things like heavy use of drug abuse, smoking and other activities that bring about early death? And if that be the case where does one draw the line to what constitutes suicide. My point being, and I'm speaking rhetorically, that none of us ask to be born, so if one chooses to end his life how can one be condemned? It's as if the same guilt tactic is being used, in the same way a Christian is made to feel guilty for existing. The Schopenhauer quote comes to my mind and I have a variation of it that says "What crime did a newly born infant boy commit to have the sentence of Human life handed down to him?"
Where did you read about purgatory. Some of the NDE books I've read don't mention anything like that. Still, better play it safe. If there is a chance you will be punished for taking your own life at say 50, why not wait it out another 30 years or so, die naturally, and avoid the punishment risk?
SeriousNomad
Freshman Poster

Post by SeriousNomad »

Rock wrote:
SeriousNomad wrote:"Basically what NDE researchers say is that the suicide goes to a purgatory where he suffers the error of his ways and then regrets it, and then comes back to earth in another incarnation to learn his lessons again which he or she tried to escape from."

Where did you read about purgatory. Some of the NDE books I've read don't mention anything like that. Still, better play it safe. If there is a chance you will be punished for taking your own life at say 50, why not wait it out another 30 years or so, die naturally, and avoid the punishment risk?
Winston mentioned this, and on the nderf.org site there was an account of one woman having an nde when she attempted suicide (not successfully of curse), and it was negative.
If there is a chance you will be punished for taking your own life at say 50, why not wait it out another 30 years or so, die naturally, and avoid the punishment risk?
Well it was my friend who commited suicide at 50, successfully unfortunately -- brains and skull fagments everywhere. I was inquiring as to any speculations about his fate, if it was bad for him because he took his life.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I guess so. I don't know. No one knows the answer to such questions. All I know is what NDE researchers have written and said. There are many unanswered questions. But many NDE stories have commonalities which suggest that there's something to them.

You should ask my friend Dr. Victor Zammit. He has spent many years researching this. His website is http://www.victorzammit.com.

SeriousNomad
Freshman Poster

Post by SeriousNomad »

Winston wrote:

I guess so. I don't know. No one knows the answer to such questions. All I know is what NDE researchers have written and said. There are many unanswered questions. But many NDE stories have commonalities which suggest that there's something to them.

You should ask my friend Dr. Victor Zammit. He has spent many years researching this. His website is http://www.victorzammit.com.
I will do that. Thanks again Winston, hope all is well by you.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Hi Winston,

Where are you now? And where are you going next year? Have you given up on white legged Chinese ladies?

My boss is demanding I take my holiday soon, so I need to go somewhere by April. Where can I go? Will anyone be anywhere interesting then? I've had such a shit year I feel like sitting in a bar for a fortnight and watching the World go by. I guess Thailand fits the bill, but I spent most of last year doing exactly that.

BTW I will be going long term traveling later in the year, probably in September. But for now I need R&R.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 29th, 2020, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.