Ask Winston Q&A: Post questions for Winston here

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ph wrote:Hey Winston,

I was just wondering. Unless that was a personal question. I almost did join one at some point. But you have a point, it wasn't for me.
I don't know what you are referring to. Your post is vague.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

QuestionMark
Freshman Poster

Post by QuestionMark »

.?
Last edited by QuestionMark on April 27th, 2014, 10:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

QuestionMark wrote:I just read your story and discovered this forum recently. I wanted to give you your props and congratulate you on your journey and creating this site to form a community and start a discussion about this for men like us. Mainstream americans are too stupid to talk to about this stuff. I had/have some of the same experiences and problems you had/have, except I grew up 90's, started college a little later than you, started travelling a little younger, and you at least had some luck with women in America.

If you have a wife and have a son in the Philippines, why don't you just stay there rather than keep going back to the states?

Would you recommend Western Europe for women and friends? Or is it mostly like America? I only ask because I keep hearing good things about Eastern Europe, SE Asia, and Latin America, but Western Europe gets mixed reviews.
I didn't say I was married. Having a kid with someone is like being married by common law only. I was in the Philippines for a lot of years. But the pollution, heat and humidity took a toll on my health. I can't live there long term. I also don't want to marry someone from a very poor family because it feels like lowering myself. And I don't have much romantic or sexual chemistry with her. And I'm trying to find a Chinese wife or girlfriend now and have been for the last two years.

I didn't even start my travel plans for 2012 yet. Murphy's Law and an invisible wall keep blocking me for some reason.

There is no one solution fits all. Some guys do well in dating in Western Europe. And some don't. Some even do well in Japan, Korea and Taiwan, even though those are not dating hotspots. You have to try and see. I don't know you and what kind of vibe you have, so I can't say. Everyone's vibe and personality mixes differently with each country. Everyone has a different karma and wavelength too. Some cultures naturally resonate with you and others don't.

All you can do is try and see.

Sometimes, you can use Astrocartography and divination like Tarot Cards or I Ching to get answers as well. They tend to be strikingly accurate in my experience. Astrocartography is using Astrology to find your compatibility with a certain location. We have a thread on Astrocartography in this forum with links to sites where you can use it for free. Do a search for it in the search field above.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Why is HA such a scam?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:Why is HA such a scam?
How is HA a scam? In what way? Why do you ask such dumb questions?

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Well, the idea of being "Happier Abroad" is not a scam; what is a scam is all the spammers and trolls that routinely invade and disrupt the forum; of course, when I tried to do something about, the whiners complained (with most of them being the troublemakers in the first-place) and whined to Winston--which undermined my authority as a moderator.

I got many positive pm messages and support from current and ex/HA members about my bannings and occasional house-cleaning duties, but, in the end, the majority of the HA trolls--and even some legitimate HA members like Rock, Fschmidt and E_Irizzary-came together and voted to unban the trolls; they didn't think strict moderating was in the interest of the forum. (Which is why this forum doesn't have a good reputation on the Internet... like RooshV or the NiceGuy forums have--in terms of how well-run and moderated those sites are.)

That, and I think, Winston, is hurting himself and the forums reputation by not doing what the forum is advocating: that is, being "Happier Abroad." Instead, he stays in the U.S. of Gay--unhappy and depressed, and not traveling at all!
QuestionMark
Freshman Poster

Post by QuestionMark »

Winston wrote:
I didn't say I was married. Having a kid with someone is like being married by common law only. I was in the Philippines for a lot of years. But the pollution, heat and humidity took a toll on my health. I can't live there long term. I also don't want to marry someone from a very poor family because it feels like lowering myself. And I don't have much romantic or sexual chemistry with her. And I'm trying to find a Chinese wife or girlfriend now and have been for the last two years.

I didn't even start my travel plans for 2012 yet. Murphy's Law and an invisible wall keep blocking me for some reason.

There is no one solution fits all. Some guys do well in dating in Western Europe. And some don't. Some even do well in Japan, Korea and Taiwan, even though those are not dating hotspots. You have to try and see. I don't know you and what kind of vibe you have, so I can't say. Everyone's vibe and personality mixes differently with each country. Everyone has a different karma and wavelength too. Some cultures naturally resonate with you and others don't.

All you can do is try and see.

Sometimes, you can use Astrocartography and divination like Tarot Cards or I Ching to get answers as well. They tend to be strikingly accurate in my experience. Astrocartography is using Astrology to find your compatibility with a certain location. We have a thread on Astrocartography in this forum with links to sites where you can use it for free. Do a search for it in the search field above.
Yeah I'll just have to try and see. I read somewhere on here that was your wife.
Last edited by QuestionMark on April 27th, 2014, 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:
I'm not happier abroad. Then again I wasn't happy at home.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

zboy1 wrote: That, and I think, Winston, is hurting himself and the forums reputation by not doing what the forum is advocating: that is, being "Happier Abroad." Instead, he stays in the U.S. of Gay--unhappy and depressed, and not traveling at all!
Well then just pretend I'm in the Philippines or China right now, so you guys don't keep harping about that over and over again. It just deepens the wound. I'm not supposed to be here now anyway.
eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:
I'm not happier abroad. Then again I wasn't happy at home.
Why not? Why don't you explain your problem in Italy and get advice then? Maybe you're in the wrong city, or you chose the wrong culture?

How come you reported that you had a great time there the first time you went?

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote: Why not? Why don't you explain your problem in Italy and get advice then? Maybe you're in the wrong city, or you chose the wrong culture?

How come you reported that you had a great time there the first time you went?
I'm just bored, depressed and angry everywhere I go these days.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Well Winnie? Where did you go...
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

eurobrat wrote:Well Winnie? Where did you go...
Winston just posted on another thread that he is about to travel to New Mexico.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Can I change my username ...
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Renata wrote:Can I change my username ...
Yeah but you should PM me about it, not ask in a public thread. What do you want your new username to be?

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Sir Winston...

Do you know where to get the best ticket prices for flights to the Philippines?

Can you help me with posting opinion surveys and posts on your great site?