Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Question about profile photos (any why so many Russians?)

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Question about profile photos (any why so many Russians?)

Postby Linc4Love » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:22 pm

I'd like to know why the lion's share of women on international dating sites always seem to be Russian women (and Filipinas), to the point that you start to wonder where all the men are in these countries. Is there a reason for this?

I have nothing against Russian women, but I've guessed I succumbed to the stereotype that such women only want a green card and would hose me over the second they entered the states in some bid to destroy American men for Mother Russia. :shock: LOL As an Italian, I don't know how compatible my ethnic background would be with someone who's Russian either.

Since I'm new to these types of dating agencies, I'm also wondering how so many can have professionally done model photos. On domestic sites I always take these as a clear sign that the profile is fake (the scammer simply lifted the photo from some stock photo collection). Yet here on HappierAbroad (and other similar agencies) they are ALL professionally done. Seriously? It's hard to believe they all invest their time and energy to develop a photospread just to make a dating profile.
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Postby Linc4Love » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:24 am

Answered part of my own question, apparently the men outnumber women in Russia by a factor of 12 to 1. :shock: That explains a whole lot.
Linc4Love
Freshman Poster

Postby Adama » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:16 am

They say the women outnumber the men. That may be true.

It is also very true that most of them are probably scammers. If you arent experienced at spotting someone trying to use you, you might want to avoid Russia + Ukraine.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby dano » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:15 am

Russian women are the most marketable women for dating sites on the basis of physical appearance. Filipinas also get high marks for physical appearance, english speaking ability, low expectations from men and high libido.
dano
Freshman Poster

Return to Questions and Advice